If you and four mates….

…. had to play a game of fives against a team from the team you support, who would put the fear right up you and see your bottles crash faster than a fast thing that goes very fast…

For me - Urminsky, Strain, Baccus, Gogic, Main.

That gives me the fear. Urminsky over Carson because Urminsky is the size of a brick shithouse and would just need to lie down in front of the goals and fill them.

Ten minutes each way - St Mirren 25 Me & Four Mates 0.

Goram - self explanatory

Amoruso - decent defender but could also ping a ball. Would be deadly at fives

Or

Goldson - decent range of passing

Ferguson - you’d never get the ball off him

Laudrup - he’d tie you in knots

McCoist - the ultimate poacher 

ETA: I seen it’s clarified current players so it would be:

McGregor, Goldson, Kamara, Kent, Colak

Edited by AJF

19 hours ago, pozbaird said:

…. had to play a game of fives against a team from the team you support, who would put the fear right up you and see your bottles crash faster than a fast thing that goes very fast…

For me - Urminsky, Strain, Baccus, Gogic, Main.

That gives me the fear. Urminsky over Carson because Urminsky is the size of a brick shithouse and would just need to lie down in front of the goals and fill them.

Ten minutes each way - St Mirren 25 Me & Four Mates 0.

Are you meaning current players? Also, when you say put the fear into you, do you mean physically intimidating or they'd scare you because you'd get hammered?

9 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Are you meaning current players? Also, when you say put the fear into you, do you mean physically intimidating or they'd scare you because you'd get hammered?

Current players, and for whatever reason, you wouldn’t want to play them. 😎 In my St Mirren fives team, Strain and Baccus, ahead of Urminsky in goal, have skill, speed, stamina, would chip in with goals, and could track up and down all day. Sitting in front of them, Gogic would be able to swat us aside while smoking a cigar and reading the paper, and Main up top would ragdoll us into submission.

Hammered. Broken. Defeated…..

Then kick off arrives. 

19 hours ago, Ric said:

Those of us old enough to remember the Tennent's Sixes would also remember that the ones that should have looked good transferring from a full size pitch to a 5-a-side one, rarely did.

Suddenly, you’ve taken me back to Shuggie Murray’s testimonial sixes at Braehead, where an ageing John Collins was absolutely masterful. Class.

Edit - and where Darren Jackson was a grade 1 walloper. At a testimonial sixes, takes the ball into the corner, does a John McGinn impersonation with his arse, trying to keep the ball in the corner and waste minutes of time. Fanny.

Edited by pozbaird

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Current players, and for whatever reason, you wouldn’t want to play them. 😎 In my St Mirren fives team, Strain and Baccus, ahead of Urminsky in goal, have skill, speed, stamina, would chip in with goals, and could track up and down all day. Sitting in front of them, Gogic would be able to swat us aside while smoking a cigar and reading the paper, and Main up top would ragdoll us into submission.

Hammered. Broken. Defeated…..

Then kick off arrives. 

Got you. In that case.
Gordon, Kingsley, Devlin, McKay, Humprys

Gordon would pretty much be unbeatable in that sort of game
Kingsley is a top defender, but also tremendous on the ball and has a great strike on him
Devlin would be an absolute pest, players can't get away from him on a full size pitch
McKay has so much ability he'd just be counting how many megs he's produced
Humphrys is a unit and would bounce people all over the place

If we went old-school, I’d top myself first before being sent out to play Campbell Money, Alex Beckett, Billy Abercromby, Tony Fitpatrick, and pick one from Doug Somner, Frank McAvennie, Frank McGarvey or Frank McDougall. 

Edited by pozbaird

Alan Mcculloch  ( Scotland's no 1)

Derrick Mcdicken and Paul Clarke (f**k crossing the half way line to face those two )

Iain cowboy Mcculloch (just in case you were thinking of crossing the half way line in the first place)

Willie Watters (goals galore)

Trophies in the bag 🏆