Sellick v St. Mirren

Arch Stanton

18 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Bit silly not to acknowledge the impact the penalty and red card had in that score

I thought their support were great but just not for that minute where a small number of the ultra crew decided to sing about something that really shouldn’t be leveraged imo but I can do that as I’m also pretty critical about our fans choice of songbook especially at away games.

Didn’t watch it all tbh. It’s the norm now for Celtic to absolutely hammer teams so I wasn’t surprised at 5-1.

A GD of +60 after 25 games is wild and a sigh of how dominant Celtic are.

40 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Bit silly not to acknowledge the impact the penalty and red card had in that score

I thought their support were great but just not for that minute where a small number of the ultra crew decided to sing about something that really shouldn’t be leveraged imo but I can do that as I’m also pretty critical about our fans choice of songbook especially at away games.

I don't think that I've ever seen you criticising celtic fans songs but I'm glad to see you saying it here.

Hopefully you continue down this road as both teams songbooks need need to be left in the past.

I thought it was a red card. It looked to me the ball was going across the body of Small into the net and only hit Small as a result of the deflection off Taylor's arm. Harsh as it wasn't deliberate, unlike Ayunga's against Livi earlier in the season, but it definitely stopped the goal from what I could see. 

We played well enough beforehand and caused enough problems without creating anything. Grieve's chance at 1-0 looked like a certain goal without Carter-Vickers block. Starfelt loses concentration at least once a game, he seems a bit of a weak-link in that Celtic team. 

Edited by buddie06smfc

2 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

Watching replay it is a direct shot on goal stopped with a hand. The whole "somebody behind him" is wishful application of the law. Player didnt do it deliberately but stopped a shot on target from about 8 yards out. Aff. 

Which is why the handball rule is so shite. It was totally accidental and whether it was going in or not isn't really the point. 

It should have been a yellow at worst. 

Ref applied the shitey rule correctly but the rule needs changed. 

It had taken few replays on the tv to notice who actually handled the ball, a certain angle of one replay showed it was pretty clear and it did prevent the ball going into the net so aye, penalty and red card. 

Frustrating as we were still in the game, albeit tiring. Didn't really look like scoring though. 

Not sure what Curtis Main has to do to win free kicks though, I don't mind it when strikers like him and defenders go at it, its part of the game, but the ratio of fouls given against him compared to the free kicks he receives is ridiculous.

Ryan Strain stood out for us, Gogic won so many balls in midfield too. Good team performance though.

Says it all that Celtic weren't at it (we played our part in that) for 70 minutes yet still win by 4 goals.

Yeah if Taylor doesn’t handle it it’s a goal and 2-0 down it’s game over anyway. The decision had no impact on the end outcome. Was ridiculous how long it took though.

’76 mins and we had just made attacking subs and started pushing up going for the equaliser, which leaves the bit of  space behind, and that’s what can happen. 

13 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Sectarian A/B, with its sectarian levered budget, is through (yawn). I just can’t wait to find out if sectarian A/B, with its sectarian levered budget, gets through tomorrow. Haud me back.

This makes no sense, religious influence has dropped significantly in Scotland and Ireland past few decades and church attendance has plummeted. The real reason for such disparity is because since the turn of the millennium the tv money for European football has gone up almost exponentially. Sorry if this bursts your bullshit bubble.

I stand by my initial assessment that Gogic is fouled in the build up to the penalty and the outcome should have been our free kick 30 yars from our goal. It happens 6 or 7 seconds before the handball and in the same passage of play.

Once again, VAR doesn't appear to be interested in looking back any further than the incident itself. Ref confirmed to SR that this wasn't picked up on or looked at.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I stand by my initial assessment that Gogic is fouled in the build up to the penalty and the outcome should have been our free kick 30 yars from our goal. It happens 6 or 7 seconds before the handball and in the same passage of play.

Once again, VAR doesn't appear to be interested in looking back any further than the incident itself. Ref confirmed to SR that this wasn't picked up on or looked at.

Yep they will look to see if someone is a baw hair offside in the build up to a pen but not if the ball was won by fouling.
That is just wrong and we got hit with this again earlier this season ( united?) where the player handled the ball before crossing it and then the subsequent shot hit tanser. Result check the tanser handball but not the initial one. 

31 minutes ago, gannonball said:

This makes no sense, religious influence has dropped significantly in Scotland and Ireland past few decades and church attendance has plummeted. The real reason for such disparity is because since the turn of the millennium the tv money for European football has gone up almost exponentially. Sorry if this bursts your bullshit bubble.

Don't let Clown Job hear you say that,,,ah wait, it's all good.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I mean without going into the specifics of the accuracy of what was said, your reply makes even less sense. Saying there's no or little religious influence in Scotland today is a bit like saying Rupert Murdoch's empire and fortune today isn't grounded in print because print is a dead/dying form of media.

Just because it is no longer as prevalent in today's society doesn't mean the foundations of what we see today weren't built upon it.

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I mean without going into the specifics of the accuracy of what was said, your reply makes even less sense. Saying there's no or little religious influence in Scotland today is a bit like saying Rupert Murdoch's empire and fortune today isn't grounded in print because print is a dead/dying form of media.

Just because it is no longer as prevalent in today's society doesn't mean the foundations of what we see today weren't built upon it.

Im not saying there is no influence though? The poster was claiming there a sectarian levered budget when our financial dominance has increased much more in the past two decades as religious influence has dwindled in the UK and Ireland in this time, that claim makes no sense. The budget has vastly increased by European TV money in this time as well as being able to sell players to a league which have huge tv deals whilst in Scotland its been relatively stagnant. For the avoidance of doubt Im not claiming there is no Sectarianism in Scotland but it is certainly on the decline, our turnover has increased massively in that time however.

Edited by gannonball

Back to the game 5-1 absolutely flattered us. I appreciate Mooy got an assist but looked a bit off it today and Turnbull played like a guy who was short of confidence and match fitness and took way too many needless touches. Shame as I felt he had been deserving of a start for a while. Concerning to see Kyogo go off days after punting GG. Ange I hope uses Maeda down the middle a bit more but use him sparingly at same time  Kyogo is out for a while. St.Mirren were organised as much as anyone else this season I have seen at CP domestically this season, decent boisterous crowd too.