Pars Vs The Mo

Poor result for us at the weekend past, hoping the team can get back to winning ways, however it'll be no easy feat given that the team we're playing are the only team to defeat us in the league this season.

Reckon it'll be as tight as it was at East End in August where the Pars ran out 1-0 winners after a late Nikolay Todorov goal.

Not sure if we'll have any new faces in, would love to but would say it's unlikely, purely because McPake will only add if they can improve the first 11, whereas we 100% need some freshening up.

Edited by The Toun Clock

If the fuckers up the top of the pitch can stop missing all the chances they get then that would be great.

A tricky game and we need to win it. Think we can do so. The reports of our 'demise' have been greatly exaggerated. We've won three out of the last four games. Only Falkirk are above us in the current form table, and were they to fail to win on Saturday and we do, we'll have the same form as them anyway, plus that would extend our lead.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

The reports of our 'demise' have been greatly exaggerated. We've won three out of the last four games. Only Falkirk are above us in the current form table, and were they to fail to win on Saturday and we do, we'll have the same form as them anyway, plus that would extend our lead.

Whereas our 'demise' perhaps has a bit more substance to it. After a slow but steady start it's now 1 Montrose win in the last 8 league games. Include the 5-2 undoing by Darvel in the Scottish Cup and defeat to QP in the Challenge Cup and we have won 1 of the last 10 games.

Dunfermline away followed by Edinburgh at home: I would hope we can get out of this streak of not winning, but think we'll struggle to pick up anything from this weekend or the next. Ever the optimist, I hope we can!

57 minutes ago, jd_mo said:

Whereas our 'demise' perhaps has a bit more substance to it. After a slow but steady start it's now 1 Montrose win in the last 8 league games. Include the 5-2 undoing by Darvel in the Scottish Cup and defeat to QP in the Challenge Cup and we have won 1 of the last 10 games.

Dunfermline away followed by Edinburgh at home: I would hope we can get out of this streak of not winning, but think we'll struggle to pick up anything from this weekend or the next. Ever the optimist, I hope we can!

I read this as: you are due a win.

Good luck!

On 31/01/2023 at 13:50, Scorge said:

Not travelling with much optimism here, but finally ticking off the ground at least. Recommendations for parking?

Aye you're best bet is side streets. Put Garvock Hill in your satnav, it's a road that runs parallel to Halbeath Road but it's on a hill. It has loads of side streets that you'll be able to get a spot and it's where I tend to park. Obviously the closer to East End the earlier you'll have to be but even turning up at 2:45 I can usually get a space, walk down and be in for kick off. 

40 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Aye you're best bet is side streets. Put Garvock Hill in your satnav, it's a road that runs parallel to Halbeath Road but it's on a hill. It has loads of side streets that you'll be able to get a spot and it's where I tend to park. Obviously the closer to East End the earlier you'll have to be but even turning up at 2:45 I can usually get a space, walk down and be in for kick off. 

that sounds like where i was at the start of the season, road along to the ground was closed off by police after the game but still got a decent quick getaway from there

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
15 hours ago, broomiesniper said:

that sounds like where i was at the start of the season, road along to the ground was closed off by police after the game but still got a decent quick getaway from there

Park in Garvock Hill, the scheme on your left hand side after you've  past the Elizabethan boozer by about 2 to 300 yards.