Accies vs. Dark Blue Beauties 04/02/23

The bans remain for social media comments by fans, so The Bay Horse it is sadly.

Meanwhile,I notice The Club Commercial Manager has been calling out anyone and everyone on Twitter(not Just Accies fans), but like The Director who cannot be named, there are different rules for them as opposed to fans.

I expect there will be more free tickets for Cuckoo's planted to take the place of the boycotting fans.

All this after John Rankin praising the away support last week(80% of us which boycotters).

Right then... in the interest of actual football discussion, what would Accies fans say has brought about this sudden run of form? It's certainly not been due to a deluge of goals, and after losing Andy Ryan I really wondered where you'd find goals at all.

Defensively though you look rock solid after that Clyde game, three clean sheets in a row. Has Dylan McGowan really made that much of a difference in the backline, or had the squad started to finally step it up?

17 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Right then... in the interest of actual football discussion, what would Accies fans say has brought about this sudden run of form? It's certainly not been due to a deluge of goals, and after losing Andy Ryan I really wondered where you'd find goals at all.

Defensively though you look rock solid after that Clyde game, three clean sheets in a row. Has Dylan McGowan really made that much of a difference in the backline, or had the squad started to finally step it up?

That will be Andy Ryan who has not scored a league goal since October.

McGowan and Sparrow tightened things up at the back. Only scored 2 goals in last 3 games but Smith and Stephenson looked a major step from Lewis Smith and Winter.

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

That will be Andy Ryan who has not scored a league goal since October.

McGowan and Sparrow tightened things up at the back. Only scored 2 goals in last 3 games but Smith and Stephenson looked a major step from Lewis Smith and Winter.

I mean, you've only scored 5 league goals since that 4-4 draw in October, and 2 of those were penalties, so it's hard to really single out some other talismanic scorer. Besides, I was referring to your total unbeaten run rather than just the league, and Ryan is still the total top scorer by miles.

I'm very curious to see how competitive this game will be, as Accies have been getting closer and closer scoreline-wise with us this season. First a 3-0 win, then 2-0, then 1-0, will this be the Hamilton breakthrough? (And, the question on everyone's lips, is this a preview of the Diddy Cup final?) Rankin has no doubt made changes for the better, but we have our own changes in now and boast a very strong bench which was our key in the previous game against Accies.

If I remember right we played a front two of Robinson and Sheridan in that game, and Accies wisely double-marked Robinson into ineffectiveness. It'll be interesting to see what Bowyer does for this with Robinson back and suddenly a lot more flexibility for our starting XI.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Line up for this game? I’m going to hospo at Forfar so thankfully won’t be tempted to head west. 
The legend

Kerr, Ashcroft, Sweeney, Clampin 

McMullen, Williamson, McGhee, Hannant

Robinson, Thomas

Edited by Fifespud
Spelling

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Dylan McGowan has been surprisingly very solid so far. His signing has allowed us to move to a back 5 with him as the centre which we have been crying out for all season given how car crash we have looked in defence most of the season. While Sparrow not being a clownshoe footballer like Michael ‘banter king’ Doyle has improved us at RB.

However the back 5 was a failure against Partick prompting Rankin to rip it up at half time, so I imagine it will be closer to the diamond formation that finished last week that starts this game as Tiehe looked good holding the ball up with runners either side of him.

A true test of mettle, is this game for us. 

A resounding win against the league leaders must be followed up with a win against the team propping up the table. It really is that simple.

Or simple, at least, on paper. Hamilton are going well as late and I feel this could be a banana skin. 

I'd personally go positive and start Robinson up top with Thomas for this one but I know Bowyer has suggested that they will ease him back in after not getting much game time. 

Our main improvement over the January window is that we look to have real strength in depth now with options in most positions.

Not even going to try and predict a scoreline for this - just fucking win.

Of course a win is expected against such dross, but my calculations have a draw as enough to still take us up.

Accies cup final so no doubt we'll face their best version. After this one's out the way they can start lying down to the likes of Queens again and slip down to league one which is still above their standing in the Scotrish game.

We'll get chances so if we take them the three points will be secure against this pish. Miss them then we move on - we're winning the league anyway so f**k it.

Thank you.