The Caley 🔵🔴 🦅 v Greenock Morton 🚣‍♂️ 🪨

I did laugh when I saw that Oakley had scored within five minutes of his debut for Morton, always seems the way.  

Having watched the game at the weekend I'd go with the following.

--------------------Ridgers------------------

--Carson------Duffy--------Devine---Delaney---

---------------Welsh-------Allardice------------

---Henderson-----Doran-------Mackay-----------

-----------------McKay--------------------------

Allardice needs to come back in assuming he's fit, he just offers so much more in midfield, he's better in possession, his positional play is better, he's better physically.  We really lost in the midfield on Saturday and changes will be needed.  I don't really think there's any obvious changes we can make - Shaw and Harper are now fit but I think Henderson and Danny Mackay are the best people for the wide positions and I wouldn't put Harper back in the team at left back, if he did come in it'd be for Doran as the '10'.

Morton absolutely annihilated us last time in the midst of a great run for them - ten game unbeaten run in the league IIRC.  They are now in the middle of a slump, have lost four in a row (albeit one away to Celtic) and haven't won for nearly two months.  Is there a genuine problem in Greenock or is it the streakiness that seems a hallmark of the league?

30 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Morton absolutely annihilated us last time in the midst of a great run for them - ten game unbeaten run in the league IIRC.  They are now in the middle of a slump, have lost four in a row (albeit one away to Celtic) and haven't won for nearly two months.  Is there a genuine problem in Greenock or is it the streakiness that seems a hallmark of the league?

Long run of games away from home, string of outrageous penalties against, plus disruption to the starting line-up for various reasons.

We currently have no idea what we'll look like up there next week, but we won't be annihilating you (although I will be lumping on Oakley to score).

Would take a dull 1-1.

49 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I wouldn't put Harper back in the team at left back, if he did come in it'd be for Doran as the '10'.

This is the one for me. I guess we’ll see how tomorrow night goes in terms of who’s fit, but if Harper can find his form from earlier in the season at 10 that could be a massive boost for us.

Less positive vibes after last night suggesting returning players haven't made the impact hoped for (yet). So fingers crossed for Morton fielding an ineligible player and we win 3-0 otherwise could be another unpleasant experience.

3 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Less positive vibes after last night suggesting returning players haven't made the impact hoped for (yet). So fingers crossed for Morton fielding an ineligible player and we win 3-0 otherwise could be another unpleasant experience.

Scott Allardice made a positive impact I think, it was 0-0 when he went off for Hyde. Any news on Samuels returning from strike?

4 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

I'm not so sure returning players were the problem last night.

Some, who have been playing more regularly weren't as effective as they might have been.

The DD defensive combo conspired between them to allow a one on one prior to what we now know turned out to be the case and only a super stop by Ridgers prevented what would've been a horrible goal to lose.

Carson and Welsh were playing well within themselves and Jay Henderson didn't see much of the ball.

That's half the team and big players at that, who I look forward to seeing performing a whole lot better just as soon as is possible.

We're in must not lose territory here. This is far from a fixture you'd expect to win but with Dundee next (potentially Queen's Park slotting in too with their impending cup expulsion freeing up the 11th) we could be staring at a lengthy losing run and need to stop the rot.

If there aren't any additions in the next couple of days, get Miller to left back with McGrattan and Quitongo wide of Oakley.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

We're in must not lose territory here. This is far from a fixture you'd expect to win but with Dundee next (potentially Queen's Park slotting in too with their impending cup expulsion freeing up the 11th) we could be staring at a lengthy losing run and need to stop the rot.

If there aren't any additions in the next couple of days, get Miller to left back with McGrattan and Quitongo wide of Oakley.

Okeydokey, I'll phone Imrie in the morning and tell him what you want, I'm sure he'll take your suggestion on board and sort it out for you, anything else you need done just let me know before 10am.

Hope all is well with you and Tonto in the territory.

Goodnight, sleep well and I hope there's not to much noise in the asylum tonight.

Edited by SandyCromarty

Aye you never let me down season after season with the reds.

How are things in the Dear Old Greenoak and sunny Branchton?

I see Wemss Bay has been voted the best something or other recently, no doubt you'll be loading up the prams and heading down there wi the geets for the Fair.

Tired off Imrie yet? any moans and groans of how it's going with him, not since cripple Annie swum the Clyde have I seen such great enthusiasm and excitement when he arrived.

Anyway I'm sure you are all excited about your forthcoming trip on Saturday to the big city.

Edited by SandyCromarty

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Aye you never let me down season after season with the reds.

How are things in the Dear Old Greenoak and sunny Branchton?

I see Wemss Bay has been voted the best something or other recently, no doubt you'll be loading up the prams and heading down there wi the geets for the Fair.

Tired off Imrie yet? any moans and groans of how it's going with him, not since cripple Annie swum the Clyde have I seen such great enthusiasm and excitement when he arrived.

Anyway I'm sure you are all excited about your forthcoming trip on Saturday to the big city.

Hi Sandra👋

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

"With all this talk of Queens Park being turfed out of the cup, I've forgotten we've got a game this weekend.  Lets check out the match thread!"

*looks at thread, sees that Sandy has been posting*

Oh, God! Oh, Jesus Christ! ~ The Wicker Man HD animated gif

That was a c**t of a day on the croft.