Celtic FC Vs Livingston FC

12 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The European nights i'll give you, but domestically it must be boring as f**k watching Celtic stroll to quadruple trebles and 9 in a row with no competition even getting close to you. Admit it, without Rangers/The Rangers you'd be bored shitless all season, like you were when they died and The Rangers played in the lower leagues.

Course you'd celebrate watching Celtic lift League trophies, but they were easy wins and you know it. Pretty embarrassing for Scottish football really, having one team dominating it winning quadruple trebles. Just imagine what it would feel like if winning a domestic trophy felt like winning a European one, because that's what it feels like for us diddies when we win a cup, in Livi's case we may never get that feeling again, whereas Celtic fans will almost certainly be guaranteed winning at least one trophy every season, yawn.....

You know how I felt and feel now do you? 🤣

It’s as simple as this, if I was bored when Rangers weren’t in the league I wouldn’t have renewed my season tickets but I have for 29 seasons in a row

Edited by Jinky67

10 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The European nights i'll give you, but domestically it must be boring as f**k watching Celtic stroll to quadruple trebles and 9 in a row with no competition even getting close to you. Admit it, without Rangers/The Rangers you'd be bored shitless all season, like you were when they died and The Rangers played in the lower leagues.

Course you'd celebrate watching Celtic lift League trophies, but they were easy wins and you know it. Pretty embarrassing for Scottish football really, having one team dominating it winning quadruple trebles. Just imagine what it would feel like if winning a domestic trophy felt like winning a European one, because that's what it feels like for us diddies when we win a cup, in Livi's case we may never get that feeling again, whereas Celtic fans will almost certainly be guaranteed winning at least one trophy every season, yawn.....

This post gives word salad a bad name what a load of utter pish M8.

14 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

All you ever post is pish M9, keep deluding yourself though.. 

First of all why would we gee two fecks about sevco they're a very pale shadow of the former club.
Secondly every trophy we win is different,players,Goals,Managers,Games that's the beauty of football it never gets boring,football is constantly moving it never stands still and we never stop.
Your delusion that it's the same for every trophy we win just proves you know nothing about the game.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

First of all why would we gee two fecks about sevco they're a very pale shadow of the former club.

Well, your attendances jumped by about 15,000 when we got promoted to the top league. It’s futile to argue against the fact that Celtic fan interest dwindled while we were in the lower leagues.

4 hours ago, AJF said:

Well, your attendances jumped by about 15,000 when we got promoted to the top league. It’s futile to argue against the fact that Celtic fan interest dwindled while we were in the lower leagues.

There was about 15,000 outside to welcome Brendan(box office) Rodgers maybe they let them in, the average was 45K to 55K so I'LL give you 10K.
The crowd wanking debate has an infinity number of reason why the crowd dropped in those years i'm pretty sure sevco wasn't at the top of that list.

24 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There was about 15,000 outside to welcome Brendan(box office) Rodgers maybe they let them in, the average was 45K to 55K so I'LL give you 10K.
The crowd wanking debate has an infinity number of reason why the crowd dropped in those years i'm pretty sure sevco wasn't at the top of that list.

Even as an outsider, it's pretty obvious that's the reason. Actual competition. In the same way that if Livi had the same money Celtic did then I'd certainly be arsed about going there on an away day, as it stands I went there on the opening game in the season we came up and likely never again

6 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Even as an outsider, it's pretty obvious that's the reason. Actual competition. In the same way that if Livi had the same money Celtic did then I'd certainly be arsed about going there on an away day, as it stands I went there on the opening game in the season we came up and likely never again

You seem to forget and overstating actual competition when Aberdeen finished 2nd for two seasons after sevco made the top flight.

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You seem to forget and overstating actual competition when Aberdeen finished 2nd for two seasons after sevco made the top flight.

We weren't in the league so I wasn't paying that much attention to be fair but I'd always just assumed from the outside that it was just talk to make it seem like the league was competitive. Was there ever really any doubt about the league back then, from Celtics point of view when Rangers weren't in the league?

When they were back, fair enough they finished third a few times but financially they were at least closer to Celtic than they were to Aberdeen. Without Rangers, Celtic's existence is a little boring I'd imagine. Same for Rangers to Celtic too. Both clubs need each other

Edited by ATLIS

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We weren't in the league so I wasn't paying that much attention to be fair but I'd always just assumed from the outside that it was just talk to make it seem like the league was competitive. Was there ever really any doubt about the league back then?

The two years that Ronny Deila was in charge the second year Aberdeen had a sniff of a chance of winning it.
Probably the most important years of the 9iar where Celtic were in transition Building another squad for the next 4 or 5 years.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The two years that Ronny Deila was in charge the second year Aberdeen had a sniff of a chance of winning it.
Probably the most important years of the 9iar where Celtic were in transition Building another squad for the next 4 or 5 years.

8.75 in a row Willie, you know that well enough. 

21 minutes ago, bennett said:

8.75 in a row Willie, you know that well enough. 

I've said before Zippy,i'm kinda glad the legacy of Jock Stein and Watty lives on, Imagine if Neil Lennon beat those two guys.
Football without fans is nothing.  

Edited by wastecoatwilly

7 hours ago, AJF said:

Season ticket sales were pretty stagnant till Rodgers was appointed late May then they jumped so nothing really 'futile' about it tbh. If we stuck with Deila I would imagine season book sales wouldn't have really jumped much.

Edited by gannonball

34 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Season ticket sales were pretty stagnant till Rodgers was appointed late May then they jumped so nothing really 'futile' about it tbh. If we stuck with Deila I would imagine season book sales wouldn't have really jumped much.

We will agree to disagree. I think us gaining promotion was a significant factor