Celtic FC Vs Livingston FC

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah, but does it not just get boring? You go into the season knowing you'll probably going to win it anyway? There's not a lot of surprise. I'm not so much meaning embarrassed about it but Celtic fans often talk about why other teams don't try compete when there's a glaring advantage from day 1 of each season. Of course teams are going to sit in, and mainly just write the game off and be happy to get past it. 

Apart from games once in a blue moon where Celtic are caught cold they just tend to win without much worry, is it really that fun or are Celtic fans just there in general.

Like I already said if it was boring we wouldn’t be paying the money we do to go and support the team. Would you pay in excess of £600 for a season ticket just to be generally be there and be bored? 

Edited by Jinky67

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

There is a huge gulf between two teams and the rest of the league Jinky, that reads as if winning is more important than the actual game to celtic fans.

The winning is very important, we are just “lucky” to do it in such an entertaining way 

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Like I already said if it was boring we wouldn’t be paying the money we do to go and support the team. Would you pay in excess of £600 for a season ticket just to be generally be there and be bored? 

I don't imagine at the games is too boring, you're watching a dominant team. I'm more so meaning over the course of it all, I don't get how someone finds it fun. There's no mystery about the season, the highlight of the season is seeing who you get in the CL groups and then waiting to see if you mess it up enough to give Rangers a chance in the league

13 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah, but does it not just get boring? You go into the season knowing you'll probably going to win it anyway? There's not a lot of surprise. I'm not so much meaning embarrassed about it but Celtic fans often talk about why other teams don't try compete when there's a glaring advantage from day 1 of each season. Of course teams are going to sit in, and mainly just write the game off and be happy to get past it. 

Apart from games once in a blue moon where Celtic are caught cold they just tend to win without much worry, is it really that fun or are Celtic fans just there in general.

Aye they complain about other teams not competing, then go into full blown meltdown mode on the odd occasion they draw or get beat. I very much enjoy the anticipation on a Saturday before the game knowing that we could either win or get pumped. Watching the polite applause that followed Celtic’s goals tonight, doesn’t seem like there is the same buzz (unless it’s Sevco or Champions League/Europa League/Conference league).

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

I don't imagine at the games is too boring, you're watching a dominant team. I'm more so meaning over the course of it all, I don't get how someone finds it fun. There's no mystery about the season, the highlight of the season is seeing who you get in the CL groups and then waiting to see if you mess it up enough to give Rangers a chance in the league

So if you are happy to concede that the games aren’t boring then surely that makes them fun? We aren’t exactly playing Dyche ball and we do have a relative abundance of attacking and talented players who are entertaining to watch

48 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Would that not require your fans to "generally be there"?  Whole lotta empty seats tonight.  

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

So if you are happy to concede that the games aren’t boring then surely that makes them fun? We aren’t exactly playing Dyche ball and we do have a relative abundance of attacking and talented players who are entertaining to watch

Games, yes. Overall experience, in doubt? It's fun to watch good players go win, but to what end? What's the long term goal, or are Celtic stuck where they are having hit their ceiling?

8 hours ago, AJF said:

Was just about to mention that. Maybe they are bored after all.

Yip, 11 games to go nothing to get me off my seat, can't wait until we play Real Madrid again so we can happy clap their players off the park because our players are shite.
Jack and victor behind me are starting to do my nut in, I like to just sit with my individual trifle and watch the game. 

19 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yip, 11 games to go nothing to get me off my seat, can't wait until we play Real Madrid again so we can happy clap their players off the park because our players are shite.
Jack and victor behind me are starting to do my nut in, I like to just sit with my individual trifle and watch the game. 

Great point, well made.....mon the hoops !!!

17 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Games, yes. Overall experience, in doubt? It's fun to watch good players go win, but to what end? What's the long term goal, or are Celtic stuck where they are having hit their ceiling?

Again I would have thought that obvious. The long term goal is to keep improving enough that we improve our performances and be more successful in Europe

Edited by Jinky67

24 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Again I would have thought that obvious. The long term goal is to keep improving enough that we improve our performances and be more successful in Europe

Honestly, it's not really that obvious. Realistically how far can Celtic go? Making the knockouts once? Even then that's just going one round further in a cup. 

I wonder if Celtic fans would have more fun in a European Super League or something where they get to constantly 'improve' and have something to strive for whereas in the domestic league they've essentially completed it. 

The goals between lower Premiership teams/Championship teams etc are surely more exciting than Celtic maybe making it an extra round in a cup.

Over the last 10 years I've seen Livi's goals be to survive at Championship level, fail, aim to win League 1, aim to stay in the Championship again and somehow get promoted, aim to survive in the Premiership, somehow get top 6 some seasons and now we're chasing Europe. 

Maybe I don't get it as I'm not a Celtic fan but it just seems a little boring for there to be so little surprises over a season

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Honestly, it's not really that obvious. Realistically how far can Celtic go? Making the knockouts once? Even then that's just going one round further in a cup. 

I wonder if Celtic fans would have more fun in a European Super League or something where they get to constantly 'improve' and have something to strive for whereas in the domestic league they've essentially completed it. 

The goals between lower Premiership teams/Championship teams etc are surely more exciting than Celtic maybe making it an extra round in a cup.

Over the last 10 years I've seen Livi's goals be to survive at Championship level, fail, aim to win League 1, aim to stay in the Championship again and somehow get promoted, aim to survive in the Premiership, somehow get top 6 some seasons and now we're chasing Europe. 

Maybe I don't get it as I'm not a Celtic fan but it just seems a little boring for there to be so little surprises over a season

The manager made that very clear about what the plan was in many an interview and realistically how far can Celtic go? Into knockouts of the Champions League or at the very least looking to drop into the Europa and win it which has to be a realistic scenario given Rangers made that final just a season ago.

I’ve been going to games regularly since 93/94 and in that time I’ve been to a European final, watched us beat Man U, Barcelona, Juventus and others. Saw 9 in a row and a quadruple treble and this season got to see us play in the Bernabeu. If that bores you then fair enough however I’ve had a great time and a f**k ton of memories to take to the grave 

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

The manager made that very clear about what the plan was in many an interview and realistically how far can Celtic go? Into knockouts of the Champions League or at the very least looking to drop into the Europa and win it which has to be a realistic scenario given Rangers made that final just a season ago.

I’ve been going to games regularly since 93/94 and in that time I’ve been to a European final, watched us beat Man U, Barcelona, Juventus and others. Saw 9 in a row and a quadruple treble and this season got to see us play in the Bernabeu. If that bores you then fair enough however I’ve had a great time and a f**k ton of memories to take to the grave 

The European nights i'll give you, but domestically it must be boring as f**k watching Celtic stroll to quadruple trebles and 9 in a row with no competition even getting close to you. Admit it, without Rangers/The Rangers you'd be bored shitless all season, like you were when they died and The Rangers played in the lower leagues.

Course you'd celebrate watching Celtic lift League trophies, but they were easy wins and you know it. Pretty embarrassing for Scottish football really, having one team dominating it winning quadruple trebles. Just imagine what it would feel like if winning a domestic trophy felt like winning a European one, because that's what it feels like for us diddies when we win a cup, in Livi's case we may never get that feeling again, whereas Celtic fans will almost certainly be guaranteed winning at least one trophy every season, yawn.....

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Would be interesting to see how many stuck with it not winning anything season after season.