Celtic FC Vs Livingston FC

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

No he never mentioned it,for what it's worth Livingston are the only team in the league that play to their strengths. 

Apologies for posting a link to this rag, but he mentions finances and trying to bridge the gap in here

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/sport/football/ange-postecoglou-points-champions-league-28214816

There's nothing wrong with what he, or Martindale, has said, but it's odd to pretend that it doesn't impact the game and can be overcome because Darvel beat Aberdeen

3 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

Apologies for posting a link to this rag, but he mentions finances and trying to bridge the gap in here

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/sport/football/ange-postecoglou-points-champions-league-28214816

There's nothing wrong with what he, or Martindale, has said, but it's odd to pretend that it doesn't impact the game and can be overcome because Darvel beat Aberdeen

I'm not clicking on that M8,I watch and listen to Ange after and before every game to my knowledge he has never mentioned it.
He talks about getting better at champions league level in a footballing sense never in a financial one. 

Just because you haven't heard it, doesn't mean he hasn't said it. Celtic to Europe is the same gulf as Livi to Celtic

Here's the quote for reference

"It's difficult. We're talking about the highest level of club football. There are different sorts of stresses and anxieties around taking your chances at this level and we can't spend hundreds of millions trying to solve that problem."

Really having trouble getting excited about this one. A visit to Celtic park seems to carry the same emotions as a visit to the dentist.

It needs to be done so better get it over and done with an hope it wont be painful.

All this being said, the team have been performing well, provided we keep 11 on the pitch there's a chance.

13 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

Just because you haven't heard it, doesn't mean he hasn't said it. Celtic to Europe is the same gulf as Livi to Celtic

Here's the quote for reference

"It's difficult. We're talking about the highest level of club football. There are different sorts of stresses and anxieties around taking your chances at this level and we can't spend hundreds of millions trying to solve that problem."

Celtic play to their strength and resources the same as Livingston do,we both know in a one off game anything can happen.
Celtic's record against Livingston is Won 26 Drawn 7 Lose 2.
I take it that was him answering a question about the finances in the game and the report in the paper is about the finances, Ange is very good at separating the two and the media are very good at taking his words out of context M8.  

2 hours ago, The Duck of Death said:

Who could this be, I wonder?

Born in Glasgow, he grew up in Govan and the Craigshill neighbourhood of Livingston, West Lothian and was a youth player with Rangers and Motherwell and was released from a contract with Rangers after fracturing his leg in an unauthorised local match with friends. He played at junior level for Linlithgow Rose and West Calder United and had business interests in the hospitality sector, but after a pub he owned went on fire without insurance cover he also became heavily involved in organised crime, specifically the large-scale supply of cocaine as well as money laundering. He was arrested in April 2004 following a police operation.

Imprisoned in November 2006, serving four years (and also having around £100,000-worth of assets seized as proceeds of crime).

Source: Wikipedia [abridged]

A Fifer weighing in on a debate about culture.  Seen it all now.

29 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic play to their strength and resources the same as Livingston do,we both know in a one off game anything can happen.
Celtic's record against Livingston is Won 26 Drawn 7 Lose 2.
I take it that was him answering a question about the finances in the game and the report in the paper is about the finances, Ange is very good at separating the two and the media are very good at taking his words out of context M8.  

Martindale and Postecoglou are saying the same thing - there's a ceiling to what good coaching and wise recruitment can do. It might allow you to overachieve in one off games, even seasons, but eventually finances win out. 

Postecoglou was talking about the financial muscle needed to take Celtic to the next level, Martindale's 'pound for pound' comment was the same comment, just in relation to the league. Both are good managers, and spending money wisely is a skill in itself as Celtic have shown, but let's not pretend the Premiership season is just 38 one off games with no other factors in play

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see our team. While we're in good form, this is very much a free hit with Killie at home being a priority. 

1 hour ago, The Wrong Car said:

Martindale and Postecoglou are saying the same thing - there's a ceiling to what good coaching and wise recruitment can do. It might allow you to overachieve in one off games, even seasons, but eventually finances win out. 

Postecoglou was talking about the financial muscle needed to take Celtic to the next level, Martindale's 'pound for pound' comment was the same comment, just in relation to the league. Both are good managers, and spending money wisely is a skill in itself as Celtic have shown, but let's not pretend the Premiership season is just 38 one off games with no other factors in play

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see our team. While we're in good form, this is very much a free hit with Killie at home being a priority. 

Like i said Ange has never mentioned finances,he doesn't talk about things out of his control hes a football man the same as Martindale but Martindale uses the lazy excuse of finances when it suits.
Ange talks about making the football department better at champions league level nothing about finances. 

31 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Like i said Ange has never mentioned finances,he doesn't talk about things out of his control hes a football man the same as Martindale but Martindale uses the lazy excuse of finances when it suits.
Ange talks about making the football department better at champions league level nothing about finances. 

I've literally sent you a quote when Ange does talk about finances. How is he going to improve the football department without finances? Presumably the starting XI last year vs Leipzig will start the first Champions League game next year, given he won't need to use any finances to buy new players

As I said, he's done a great job and I don't agree that he's a "lucky coach' in the sense that Celtic have brought in the money to spend, but I don't understand why some Celtic fans feel the need to portray his achievements as some kind of hard-luck, overcome by sheer effort, story. 

I thought it was only Rangers fans who thought the club and the business were separate!

35 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

I've literally sent you a quote when Ange does talk about finances. How is he going to improve the football department without finances? Presumably the starting XI last year vs Leipzig will start the first Champions League game next year, given he won't need to use any finances to buy new players

As I said, he's done a great job and I don't agree that he's a "lucky coach' in the sense that Celtic have brought in the money to spend, but I don't understand why some Celtic fans feel the need to portray his achievements as some kind of hard-luck, overcome by sheer effort, story. 

I thought it was only Rangers fans who thought the club and the business were separate!

You're wasting your time here I'm afraid, willy goes out of their way to come across as a moron on here for some reason.

1 hour ago, The Wrong Car said:

I've literally sent you a quote when Ange does talk about finances

Your original post was about financial disparity,then you send a clickbait rag to prove your point,then you send a quote with no context at what point did he mention the financial disparity in the game?

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

How is he going to improve the football department without finances?

He uses the resources Celtic have.

5 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yeah lowest budget in the league and he's got us sitting 4th, can see how Martindale is using excuses right enough. If Postecoglou was as good as Martindale he'd need to have Celtic getting to the semi's in the CL.

9 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm not clicking on that M8,I watch and listen to Ange after and before every game to my knowledge he has never mentioned it.
He talks about getting better at champions league level in a footballing sense never in a financial one. 

The Wrong Car: Ange has previously spoken of the financial disparity

WCW: Ange has never mentioned financial disparity, i've listened to every single word he's ever said...unless i've missed it

TWC: Here's proof

WCW: I WILL NOT READ YOUR PROOF

TWC: Here's the quote then

WCW: Ange has never mentioned financial disparity

Welcome to a P&B thread involving one of the Glasgow 2

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah lowest budget in the league and he's got us sitting 4th, can see how Martindale is using excuses right enough. If Postecoglou was as good as Martindale he'd need to have Celtic getting to the semi's in the CL.

Duz that mean the rest are shite or Martindale plays the poor wee us card well?

34 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

The Wrong Car: Ange has previously spoken of the financial disparity

WCW: Ange has never mentioned financial disparity, i've listened to every single word he's ever said...unless i've missed it

TWC: Here's proof

WCW: I WILL NOT READ YOUR PROOF

TWC: Here's the quote then

WCW: Ange has never mentioned financial disparity

Welcome to a P&B thread involving one of the Glasgow 2

Yes everything in the papers is 100% true M8.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Then it begs the questions as to if he is so good why is Martindale still at Livi and not taking a club into the semis of the CL?

8 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:

It’s not a hard luck story however what he did inherit was a shit show with a lot of players disengaged and an eye on the exit door. He emptied them all keeping just McGregor and Taylor and still won a double, yes money helps him buy the players but to do so whilst keeping a low net spend and actually finding the right player to fit his style and embed that so quickly is testament to him as a coach and if you think that requires no effort then everyone would be able to do it.

The Manager describes the situation well in that he doesn’t mind us being the biggest club with the biggest budget because that money comes from the fans who many of have little and decide to spend a significant portion of it on the club. His job is to not put it in the bank but to reinvest it in the thing they love.