Celtic FC Vs Livingston FC

Usually play Nouble up front for these games so that aint happening, hopefully we at least fire balls over the top up to Anderson when we get the chance though, waste of time leaving him up the pitch when we're defending corners if Shamal isn't allowed to boot the ball up to him.

Expect the usual low percentage of the ball stats and trying to frustrate Celtic, trying to keep a clean sheet and maybe even nicking a 1-0 win, if we concede in the first half plan A is out the window and i doubt we'll have a chance for a plan B to get anything.

Celtic heavy favourites here but you never know, Martindale's Livi love pulling off unexpected results.

Martindale normally makes significant selection changes against Celtic given the matches offer such low probability of success. He even gave the third choice keeper a start against them earlier this season. The home match against Killie next Saturday is the priority so he's not going to tire out all our key players at Celtic Park a few nights before. The players who come in will still be expected to keep the score down so our goal difference isn't overly damaged.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Usually play Nouble up front for these games so that aint happening

I was wondering if Martindale was saving Nouble for this game. I know it's a free hit and we don't expect to take anything from the game but Nouble is the kind of player that can give any defence a problem. We had matched Hearts twice already this season and Martindale maybe thought we could do it again without Nouble so gave him that extra few days to be ready for midweek.

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I was wondering if Martindale was saving Nouble for this game. I know it's a free hit and we don't expect to take anything from the game but Nouble is the kind of player that can give any defence a problem. We had matched Hearts twice already this season and Martindale maybe thought we could do it again without Nouble so gave him that extra few days to be ready for midweek.

After reading Freedom Farter's post i have the fear we'll rest Bruce, saving him for the Killie game, and play Guthrie up front in this one, so hope to f**k you are right.

40 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

After reading Freedom Farter's post i have the fear we'll rest Bruce, saving him for the Killie game, and play Guthrie up front in this one, so hope to f**k you are right.

I was thinking this too. Anderson's played a lot of full matches (or near enough) recently and running around at centre forward when we have 15% possession at Celtic Park will be a tough shift. I can see Martindale wanting to leave him out so he's fresh for Saturday and that could mean Guthrie playing instead.

Other candidates to start this Celtic match are maybe Obileye, Montaño, Holt and Shinnie. Outside chance of Bahamboula although that one is less likely. I don't think we'll see any shock inclusions or anything, just a slight bit of rotation.

5 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

I was thinking this too. Anderson's played a lot of full matches (or near enough) recently and running around at centre forward when we have 15% possession at Celtic Park will be a tough shift. I can see Martindale wanting to leave him out so he's fresh for Saturday and that could mean Guthrie playing instead.

Other candidates to start this Celtic match are maybe Obileye, Montaño, Holt and Shinnie. Outside chance of Bahamboula although that one is less likely. I don't think we'll see any shock inclusions or anything, just a slight bit of rotation.

Aye Shinnie got played up front against them and Sevco before, i think we either need someone like Nouble that gives us an out ball, good at hold up play to get us up the pitch, or Anderson, plenty energy and pace to chase down balls, and press opposition players, Guthrie however isn't good at either, he does win the odd foul right enough which would take the pressure of our defence a bit, but not sure he'd get many of those decisions from the ref when it's Celtic we're playing, esp in an away game where so many fans will be on his back giving decisions our way.

In these type of games Nouble is ideal, we will be under a lot of pressure in defence and he would get us up the pitch or win a foul to take the play up to Celtic's half, would be fantastic if Hooch is right and he's ok to start this game. 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

I wonder if Mick Kennedy whines and bitches about budgets and financial disparity? 🤔 

He's done exactly that ffs :D 

Also one off games are hardly the right way to measure it, if we are then let's go back to our record v Celtic for years

17 hours ago, ol1vercloff said:

Financially rich but culturally bankrupt?

Who could this be, I wonder?

Born in Glasgow, he grew up in Govan and the Craigshill neighbourhood of Livingston, West Lothian and was a youth player with Rangers and Motherwell and was released from a contract with Rangers after fracturing his leg in an unauthorised local match with friends. He played at junior level for Linlithgow Rose and West Calder United and had business interests in the hospitality sector, but after a pub he owned went on fire without insurance cover he also became heavily involved in organised crime, specifically the large-scale supply of cocaine as well as money laundering. He was arrested in April 2004 following a police operation.

Imprisoned in November 2006, serving four years (and also having around £100,000-worth of assets seized as proceeds of crime).

Source: Wikipedia [abridged]

Edited by The Duck of Death
Nice guy

Did Postecoglou not bring up financial disparity when Celtic were playing in the Champions League earlier in the season? Martindale saying there's a financial gulf seems like stating a fact and, given our (home) record against Celtic I don't think he can be accused of using it as an excuse not to try.

For what it's worth, his next comments were that Celtic earned the right to spend the money due to transfers out, and the 'pound for pound' comment was in relation to our aims for the next game and season in general, i.e 'let's not get ahead of ourselves',when talking about top 6/Europe/'chasing fourth' etc

15 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Martindale normally makes significant selection changes against Celtic given the matches offer such low probability of success. He even gave the third choice keeper a start against them earlier this season. The home match against Killie next Saturday is the priority so he's not going to tire out all our key players at Celtic Park a few nights before. The players who come in will still be expected to keep the score down so our goal difference isn't overly damaged.

Happy Tv Show GIF by Pablo