Heart of Midlothian v Heart of Darkness

3 minutes ago, stressball said:

It’s application of excessive force to a spectator, they’re an individual that is watching the game and thus the expected amount of force applied to them deliberately  is zero.

I’m not sure how you can’t see that other than it’s a Rangers player.

I’d be fuming if a Celtic player acted like such a stupid dick and put himself in a position to be sent off… Instead of saying it was great and patting him on the back.

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I've read that. And I just disagree with your reading of the laws of the game.

Kicking the ball at kids in the crowd is excessive force against a spectator. It's bizarre to even argue it, but you will.

Had he been trying to get the ball off a spectator and wrestled him to the ground, then we could argue about whether the force was excessive. But that's not what happened. There was no justification for what he did at all.

He's a ned and should have been sent off. It made no difference to the game, but it's a very hard gig to argue he should have stayed on.

But the law specifically includes actions against spectators stating it requires excessive force to be considered violent conduct.

He chipped the ball into the crowd, it’s not hurt anyone and it’s not excessive. It’s not a red and apparently it was reviewed by VAR at the time who deemed it not worthy of any further action.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

But the law specifically includes actions against spectators stating it requires excessive force to be considered violent conduct.

He chipped the ball into the crowd, it’s not hurt anyone and it’s not excessive. It’s not a red and apparently it was reviewed by VAR at the time who deemed it not worthy of any further action.

Ok, so what was the acceptable level of force he was permitted to use against those spectators?

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s okay to be wrong mate. It’s a deliberate act against a spectator. A spectators expected amount of force is zero.

VAR also wrongly sent Nicky Clark off

17 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Apparently allocations were agreed with Arse Cheeks before the beginning of the season. 

Considering you can sell out your ground that is disappointing. Hopefully next season you give them 600 like everyone else and I can't wait to the see the Arse cheeks media reports on that. 

10 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Ok, so what was the acceptable level of force he was permitted to use against those spectators?

9 minutes ago, stressball said:

It’s okay to be wrong mate. It’s a deliberate act against a spectator. A spectators expected amount of force is zero.

VAR also wrongly sent Nicky Clark off

I never argued it wasn’t deliberate, I argued it wasn’t excessive force.

I thinks that’s where we will need to agree to disagree on our interpretation of excessive force. You believe any force in this instance is excessive, I believe chipping the ball into the crowd is not excessive force and we will leave it at that.

I think either of those fans in that front row would have a hard time arguing Barisic had behaved violently towards them.

Just now, AJF said:

I never argued it wasn’t deliberate, I argued it wasn’t excessive force.

I thinks that’s where we will need to agree to disagree on our interpretation of excessive force. You believe any force in this instance is excessive, I believe chipping the ball into the crowd is not excessive force and we will leave it at that.

I think either of those fans in that front row would have a hard time arguing Barisic had behaved violently towards them.

What amount of force would you see as being allowed to be applied to yourself at a football game? Would you be okay with the ball being deliberately and unexpectedly chipped at your face? 

8 hours ago, AJF said:

Force really does have everything to do with it. It needs to be considered using excessive force or brutality, which it was neither.

2287F0B2-3699-40D9-9B5B-49FDD8D9DBE8.jpeg

CA96EF60-6191-4A0E-A14E-11F8A018E978.jpeg

It’s undoubtedly a red card. He shouldn’t be kicking the ball into the crowd in an attempt to hit a spectator, so by definition in order to do that the force used has to be deemed “excessive”.

10 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

(Rangers literally spent more on Tuesday on players than Hearts have spent in their entire history combined).

Hearts haven't spent more than €1.5m in their history ? That seems completely made up pish.

26 minutes ago, Super_A said:

Hearts haven't spent more than €1.5m in their history ? That seems completely made up pish.

I think he was going for sevco fishing exercise meaning they haven’t spent that much since 2012

Edited by AJF

39 minutes ago, Super_A said:

Not so much made up as I had it in my head that Rangers paid £3.5 million for that Belgian bloke not £1.5 million. but you can change 'on Tuesday' to, say, 'pretty much any close season' and the point works fine. 

1 minute ago, lennyzer0 said:

Not so much made up as I had it in my head that Rangers paid £3.5 million for that Belgian bloke not £1.5 million. but you can change 'on Tuesday' to, say, 'pretty much any close season' and the point works fine. 

Obviously your point still stands, but Boyce, Shankland, Grant, Kio, Sibbick, Rowles, Devlin, Atkinson all cost 6 figure fees. That's well over a million there on the current squad alone. I'm not even 100% sure you'd even have to go as far back as the Romanov era to get to £3.5m.

1 hour ago, Austin McCann said:

The gap between 2nd and 3rd was enourmous last night. Pretty depressing from a diddy point of view.

Yet the gap between 2nd and 4th/5th/6th/7th etc. hasn't looked nearly as big as that in recent months.

They're clearly a much better team who played well and might have given us a doing anyway, but last night is what happens when you play into their hands to an almost comical degree.

It's not even as if that's a set-up we've been playing against the lesser teams in the league and it got found out against better opposition last night. It was completely out of the blue.

I'd calmed down about it today but seeing Neilson (as usual) shifting the blame has me seething again. :lol: