Heart of Midlothian v Heart of Darkness

1 hour ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Same old Performance against Rangers then eh?

How is it we can give celtic a decent game almost every time we play them and then are just utterly rank rotten when we come up against in my opinion a poorer team? It's absolutely mind boggling, for me the team selection was a huge error tonight not saying we would have won as the players were poor but when you have a 1 man midfield against a decent side that's what happens.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sectarianism

So as per my comment when the team was announced Neilson did his poundshop Guardiola thing. I assume the intention was to have a strong backline and then break with pace in numbers. 

I'm in 2 minds - partially just like, why didn't he just go with roughly what beat Hibs/Aberdeen? On the other hand, Rangers have access to much more resources (extended credit facility) than us, so will consequently have on balance better players, so doing something different might work/be the way to a win.

As others have said, Neilson cocked up the starting line up, but the players are responsible for the basic skillset of a professional footballer (e.g. passing to a team mate).

Final point, reflecting on the previous scapegoat (Sibbick), he was frequently left out even when we were struggling for cover, I think because Robbie recognised he was getting his already poor confidence shot further (e.g. we started with 3 full backs in central defence in Florence instead).  I wonder if he was/is doing something similar with Kiomourtzoglu, now that some fans are getting on his back now instead?

Edited by Stylish Kid

14 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

As others have said, Neilson cocked up the starting line up, but the players are responsible for the basic skillset of a professional footballer (e.g. passing to a team mate).

They are of course, but if you're set up to fail then they are absolved of a lot of the blame. There was no midfield to pass to, what exactly are they meant to do?

Also, the point about hoping to break with pace. I think you're right about the intention, but how are you meant to do that if there's no one capable of winning it back? 

It was an absolute clusterfuck. And regardless of what he was trying it should've been reverted immediately after going one down. Instead he stubbornly stuck to it, seen an offside goal, a good save from Clark, the bar hit and a second before eventually moving a full back into midfield.  

It was an utter embarrassment and the fact he refused to admit he got it wrong in the post match interview really winds me up. 

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

So far, Hearts fans have been fairly realistic with their comments, to be fair to them (not something I say very often).

No sure we can say anything else tbh 😂

To beat Rangers you've got to be at your best and get your tactics right and we done neither. Were lucky it wasn't 6 or 7. An embarrassment.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

No sure we can say anything else tbh 😂

To beat Rangers you've got to be at your best and get your tactics right and we done neither. Were lucky it wasn't 6 or 7. An embarrassment.

Aye, but at least you're here taking your licks unlike some of your big mouth, shite bag supporters who were giving it big licks (rightly so) to Dons and Hibs fans these last 2 weeks.

3 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Just awful and Neilson should apologise for that team selection.

3-0 going on 7 or 8, shameful.

Bang on.

Rangers were good, and obviously deserved to win.

Hearts were pish.

The fact that Nielson set us up with that starting line-up is one thing, but the fact that he's not owning up to it is worse - in the words of Neil Warnock 'I take the fooking blame!'

I can see why he played Hill at RWB, but it was a disaster - McKay in centre-mid was a glaring mistake.

I was happy to see Kuol in the team, but it was too much too soon for him - whatever position he was meant to be playing just wasn't right for him.

With or without all the chopping and changing, the players were all over the place, and didn't seem to know where they were meant to be.

Having said all that, there were an awful lot of unforced errors, and the players should be doing a lot better.

Bottom line is Hearts were awful, and Nielson should be owning his mistakes. 

Same as the Livi game - write the game off, learn what you can from it, and focus on winning the next game. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Just awful and Neilson should apologise for that team selection.

3-0 going on 7 or 8, shameful.

According to him it was the same formation we've played all season and the players need to be better.

Genuinely feels like he's gaslighting the fans by telling them what they are seeing isn't what's actually happening.

Just now, paranoid android said:

Bang on.

Rangers were good, and obviously deserved to win.

Hearts were pish.

The fact that Nielson set us up with that starting line-up is one thing, but the fact that he's not owning up to it is worse - in the words of Neil Warnock 'I take the fooking blame!'

I can see why he played Hill at RWB, but it was a disaster - McKay in centre-mid was a glaring mistake.

I was happy to see Kuol in the team, but it was too much too soon for him - whatever position he was meant to be playing just wasn't right for him.

With or without all the chopping and changing, the players were all over the place, and didn't seem to know where they were meant to be.

Having said all that, there were an awful lot of unforced errors, and the players should be doing a lot better.

Bottom line is Hearts were awful, and Nielson should be owning his mistakes. 

Same as the Livi game - write the game off, learn what you can from it, and focus on winning the next game. 

Agree with all that apart from Kuol. Not sure it was a case of too soon, more a case of he had no idea what was expected of him. He isn't a central midfielder and to play him there is borderline negligence when we are trying to be helping him develop. A stunt like that could shatter his confidence.

f**k me, Hearts twitter is full of halfwits - people genuinely calling for Neilson's head on the back of a 3 going on 10 pumping from Rangers. Like we haven't been similarly pumped many times by both sides of the Old Firm before.

Yeah, the formation and team selection was terrible and everyone bar an infant could have told him that before kick off. He then compounded matters by refusing to change formation as soon as the first goal went in, and kept some players on the pitch who were, to be kind, playing fucking dreadful. We were shite everywhere except for in goals, and I'd have more respect for Neilson if he'd admit it, but that's the guy he is, and it's a bit late to be worrying about that now (and in his defence, it's not like he came out with shite about how it was all down to his tactical masterplan when we were putting 3 past Hibs twice in a fortnight).

But too many individual players made too many horrendous mistakes on top of those problems (some of the passing about in defence was criminal). It's a game that we routinely lose, against players who are much better than us (Rangers literally spent more on Tuesday on players than Hearts have spent in their entire history combined). Splitting the OF has always been either a (very, very) long term project or a bit of pantomime exaggeration by Joe Savage, and some online Jambo fantasists really need to remember that.

Time to dust ourselves down, Neilson to remember he's not Pep Guardiola, and move onto Saturday and Dundee Utd.