SUPERBOWL LVII

lichtie23

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Patrick Mahomes was not the MVP

If they had to pick someone on the winning team then there was no-one else really. But his stats were nothing special.

I don't think anyone on the KC team really deserved MVP.

13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Not sure about that tbh. The Eagles would have had about 1:30 to get into FG range

Could the chiefs have not run the clock down to about 30 seconds before kicking the field goal anyway? I may be wrong on that one.

Other than the likes of offside / false start / delay of game there were only 3 penalties in the game - An illegal hands to the face, an offensive pass interference on Philly when a receiver was blocking downfield in the first quarter, and that holding call right at the end.

I feel that if you make that level of effort not to throw flags for 58½ minutes you should look for a little bit more before you decide the super bowl.

14 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If they had to pick someone on the winning team then there was no-one else really. But his stats were nothing special.

I don't think anyone on the KC team really deserved MVP.

But they don’t, see: https://www.ihavenet.com/nfl-superbowl-V-colts-cowboys.html

The reality is no one on the Eagle was a valid candidate either, although Hurts was closest.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

But they don’t, see: https://www.ihavenet.com/nfl-superbowl-V-colts-cowboys.html

The reality is no one on the Eagle was a valid candidate either, although Hurts was closest.

I know they don't, but when you've had to go back 52 years to find the sole example then it shows they don't like to do it. 

Hurts at 27 of 38, 304 yds 1 TD 0 INT with 3 rush TDs and 1 2PAT deserved it.

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I know they don't, but when you've had to go back 52 years to find the sole example then it shows they don't like to do it. 

Hurts at 27 of 38, 304 yds 1 TD 0 INT with 3 rush TDs and 1 2PAT deserved it.

And an unforced fumble returned for 6...  in a game they lost by 3 in.