Arbroath vs Raith, 4-2-23

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

100% disagree. It costs us almost nothing to be the bigger Club in this kind of a situation. In the long run, you get more flies with honey than vinegar, and being known as a Club that welcomes opponents broadcasters can only play well and help us cover away matches better ourselves. You can bet that the Linlithgow coverage got notice for us being able to rock up on short notice and produce a credible broadcast that shared revenue with the home team. Was it very much, I doubt it, but it’s the principle and the appearance.

Agree 100%, clubs at our level need to help each other. Arbroath have thought they would make a few quid but £8 for an audio pass while our own media is locked out isn't going to fly.

I posted elsewhere my old man and mates didn't go on principle and sat in the golf club listening to open all mics. There's £110 they lost out on plus general goodwill. No one favours audio to actually going and the Raith TV output just keeps folk who can't attend or can't afford to ticking over.

Probably cost them money when they weigh up subscriptions V non attendees.

Poor show Arbroath, not making room for them to film, no comms and according to Raith TV chatboard no space for usual media team. 

3 points though so get it roond ye.

17 minutes ago, TxRover said:

TBF, Connell wasn’t that poor a signing, as our overall record with him playing was’na terrible. He opened up opportunities for others.

😂 No he didn’t. He was completely out of his depth at this level. Far too slow. 

Davie Hancock saying it's the first time in 15 years a club haven't offered enough space for him to do media duties including post match interviews. Hope the young team lobbed a wheelie bin off someones dome in retaliation. 

31 minutes ago, TxRover said:

TBF, Connell wasn’t that poor a signing, as our overall record with him playing was’na terrible. He opened up opportunities for others.

He isn’t ready for the championship yet Tx. I saw his 2 goals last week for EK and he looked so composed, not a quality he showed with us as he is a young lad, he would do well in league 1 

Edited by Been going too long

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Murray has had a lot of flack over the course of the season for his use of subs and just generally getting a lot of unfair (imo) criticism. Today he made the correct subs at the correct time which changed the game in our favour and deserves credit for doing so. 

Yeah he absolutely nailed it with his subs today. McBride scored the winner and Stanton and Akio really got us up the pitch far more than we had managed previously. 

1 hour ago, Kdawg said:

You’re right, and I am one of those critics. Today though, when he made the subs and changed to a back three, he absolutely got it right. 

That was a slugfest today, the sort of game we normally lose. A victory and level on points for a playoff space is very pleasing indeed!

Agree with all of this. It's great to win games playing nice football but coming through a battle like that in a six pointer is massive. 

1 hour ago, Offshore Rover said:

I did wonder about Arbroath’s choice of having the wind with them first half. I appreciate there isn’t too much difference in the fitness levels between full time/part time at this level. But if I was the part time team, I’d want the wind with me second half to help any tired legs. What do you guys normally do? 

Brown won the toss. 

13 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Davie Hancock saying it's the first time in 15 years a club haven't offered enough space for him to do media duties including post match interviews. Hope the young team lobbed a wheelie bin off someones dome in retaliation. 

Makes their descent back to the seaside leagues with our assistance all the sweeter. Hope a Bobby Linn Bin is bobbying towards Norway as I type.

13 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

He isn’t ready for the championship yet Tx. I saw his 2 goals last week for EK and he looked so composed, not a quality he showed with us as he is a young lad, he would do well in league 1 

Didnt say he was, but he did help open up play for others with his grifting. Im not missing him, I just dislike slating his play becasue it did help us a wee bit. 

26 minutes ago, Kdawg said:

😂 No he didn’t. He was completely out of his depth at this level. Far too slow. 

Your opinion is welcome.

Delighted with the win as this was for me a real test of character. 

Was swithering about taking the bairns but the lack of access for the TV guys made my mind up. 

I use the away comms when I'm skint and it keeps me connected when my interest could drift off. So a bit of solidarity was the excuse I needed. 

Not interested in another teams comms without pictures no matter how good they might be (and some are really good)

Imagine at its most extreme "sorry Rangers fans you need to listen to Celtic TV as we've blanked your teams media"

Watched a stream instead and it was a gamble to play into the wind first half. Paid off as did each of Murray's subs.

He said in the press he was really happy with the squad maybe today showed why. The double sub to the front line was particularly interesting. 

Thought we were poor in the first half, even considering the conditions,  and I really didn't see us getting back into the game.  I also bemoaned the change to bring Mcbride on.

Humble pie tasting braw tonight. 

Great win today. Showed great character to come from behind and that should hopefully put to bed any rest of being sucked into the relegation fight. Thought Scott Brown was magnificent today. Stanton a class act as always and Akio again looked handy. Looking forward to seeing the goals again on Raith TV. Arbroath look a shadow of last seasons team. Didn’t look like scoring without the assistance of the wind. Look to be in a bit of trouble. 

5 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Thought we were poor in the first half, even considering the conditions,  and I really didn't see us getting back into the game.  I also bemoaned the change to bring Mcbride on.

Humble pie tasting braw tonight. 

The first half was a bit of a weird one. On the odd occasion we did put an attack together we actually looked more of a threat attacking into the wind than Arbroath did second half, but for the most part we looked clueless when it came to getting up the pitch and were stuck in a seemingly never ending cycle of MacDonald goalkicks that ended in a corner to Arbroath. 

I wasn't overly confident of us getting anything out of the second half either until the subs changed the game. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

From nearly beating Killie to win the league to then sign about 14 players and be potentially relegated is kinda cool.

Least your hospitality is booked out and you’re ranking high in the fair play table.

If I can cut to the chase - your new signings are honking and Dick Campbell was past it a decade ago. 

Bring on Motherwell.