Arbroath vs Raith, 4-2-23

I did wonder about Arbroath’s choice of having the wind with them first half. I appreciate there isn’t too much difference in the fitness levels between full time/part time at this level. But if I was the part time team, I’d want the wind with me second half to help any tired legs. What do you guys normally do? 

Good three points for us and they were much needed. Takes some heat off us at least. I thought Akio looked quick and a right pain to play against so more of that please 

On 03/02/2023 at 14:08, clashcityrocker said:

Let’s do the talking on the pitch.

Raith fans take note - you are playing a much improved Arbroath than the first half of the season in 2022.

Thought you were pish tbh. 

A hell of a lot of noise from the Abroath fans in here about how they’ve turned a corner and now a different team. 5pm today and they’re further in a relegation mire. Pleasing.

Good support up there with us today and credit to Murray with the subs making the difference. 

I like Akio 😉

8 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

I did wonder about Arbroath’s choice of having the wind with them first half. I appreciate there isn’t too much difference in the fitness levels between full time/part time at this level. But if I was the part time team, I’d want the wind with me second half to help any tired legs. What do you guys normally do? 

Good three points for us and they were much needed. Takes some heat off us at least. I thought Akio looked quick and a right pain to play against so more of that please 

Did we no, kick off, think Raith chose to play into the wind, or am I Havering 

49 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Murray has had a lot of flack over the course of the season for his use of subs and just generally getting a lot of unfair (imo) criticism. Today he made the correct subs at the correct time which changed the game in our favour and deserves credit for doing so. 

I’m actually getting sick of the criticism Murray gets I keep on saying if the club backed him how they backed Mcglynn last season I would love to see where we finish but instead Murray’s budget was cut ? Unbeaten in 9 games and should have had more wins in that run , think some fans have an agenda here just look about 3 pages back and they are slating the manager based on a first halve in atrocious conditions then conditions go in our favour and  ultimately win  the 3 points who knows how the rest of the season will go but I’m fully supportive of the manager and the team 

I said at half time that I didn’t think being 1-0 down at half time was that bad a result, despite how turgid the game was. All round good game management, subs and second half performance. Equal on points with 4th, unbeaten in 10, players coming back to form. Get in. 

3 minutes ago, basher brash said:

I’m actually getting sick of the criticism Murray gets I keep on saying if the club backed him how they backed Mcglynn last season I would love to see where we finish but instead Murray’s budget was cut ? Unbeaten in 9 games and should have had more wins in that run , think some fans have an agenda here just look about 3 pages back and they are slating the manager based on a first halve in atrocious conditions then conditions go in our favour and  ultimately win  the 3 points who knows how the rest of the season will go but I’m fully supportive of the manager and the team 

Fully agree. Iv criticised him after one game due to his use of subs. I don't think he's a bad manager at all and he's working under a limited budget. You don't sign unknown players like big John if you have the budget to attract players you know will do a job. 

Some amount of haddies in that Arbroath squad these days.  Unknown donkeys plucked from obscurity. We got caught out with big John but it looks like Dick Campbell has filled his boots with them. 

Back to the seaside leagues with you. 

30 minutes ago, basher brash said:

question for Arbroath fans why do your club not allow live audio /TV streaming for visiting media teams I certainly would be encourage the Rovers now to not allow Arbroath access to Starks Park 

100% disagree. It costs us almost nothing to be the bigger Club in this kind of a situation. In the long run, you get more flies with honey than vinegar, and being known as a Club that welcomes opponents broadcasters can only play well and help us cover away matches better ourselves. You can bet that the Linlithgow coverage got notice for us being able to rock up on short notice and produce a credible broadcast that shared revenue with the home team. Was it very much, I doubt it, but it’s the principle and the appearance.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Fully agree. Iv criticised him after one game due to his use of subs. I don't think he's a bad manager at all and he's working under a limited budget. You don't sign unknown players like big John if you have the budget to attract players you know will do a job. 

Exactly Grumswall ! Many fans slated the signing of Scott Brown the guys a baller min and hard as nails to boot ! I was Millens biggest critic but he’s turned his game around , O Riordan was exceptional the only poor signings have been Fredriksen and Connnell IMO because decent strikers go for big money unfortunately it’s money we don’t have 

Just now, basher brash said:

Exactly Grumswall ! Many fans slated the signing of Scott Brown the guys a baller min and hard as nails to boot ! I was Millens biggest critic but he’s turned his game around , O Riordan was exceptional the only poor signings have been Fredriksen and Connnell IMO because decent strikers go for big money unfortunately it’s money we don’t have 

TBF, Connell wasn’t that poor a signing, as our overall record with him playing was’na terrible. He opened up opportunities for others.