Arbroath vs Raith, 4-2-23

Just now, lichtie23 said:

How many were down to tackles? And how many were due to the playing surface? 

Whats your point?  It doesn't matter how many were tackles and how many were surface hes had 4 and needs to be managed properly to avoid a 5th if possible.

I would have to disagree slightly, in that I think our team does some of the 'dark arts' quite well.  We aren't leg breakers, but we definitely do some nasty stuff.  We were a team of b*****ds last year.

Against McGlynn's Raith though, it could look like a scene from jurassic park, as both teams set their dinosaurs on each other!

19 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Whats your point?  It doesn't matter how many were tackles and how many were surface hes had 4 and needs to be managed properly to avoid a 5th if possible.

I was just curious. Has he suffered at the hands (or feet) of hammer throwers or have the pitches he’s played on been the issue?

Sensitive bunch you lot when it comes to Vaughan 

Edited by lichtie23

Just now, lichtie23 said:

I was just curious. Has he suffered at the hands (or feet) of hammer throwers or have the pitches he’s played on been the issue?

Sensitive bunch you lot when it comes to Vaughan 

His first one was a tackle against Albion rovers, two were surface and one done in training so dont know if it was a tackle or what.

Not sensitive just wouldn’t want to see the guys career end at 27. 

As mentioned, Arbroath’s truly abysmal home form this season is the main reason we are in the relegation places worst in the division.  We’ve  picked up only 7 points from 11 games (compared with 14 away) just managing a goal a game on average.  After last season great home record, it’s odd (plus cup exits).  The previous league game at Gayfield -v ICT - was a major letdown. That tempers any risk of optimism anhead of this game.  Seems to me more games have been wind-affected this season negating our decent football style ((!?*).  Avoiding conceding early might help confidence but we need to find a way to overcome this home handicap.

Edited by farflung lichtie

6 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

As mentioned, Arbroath’s truly abysmal home form this season is the main reason we are in the relegation places worst in the division.  We’ve  picked up only 7 points from 11 games (compared with 14 away) just managing a goal a game on average.  After last season great home record, it’s odd (plus cup exits).  The previous league game at Gayfield -v ICT - was a major letdown. That tempers any risk of optimism anhead of this game.  Seems to me more games have been wind-affected this season negating our decent football style ((!?*).  Avoiding conceding early might help confidence but we need to find a way to overcome this home handicap.

I wouldn't worry too much, we'll gift our usual 1 or 2 goals to see you get a draw

24 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:

Where's the best place to park for this? 

Whenever I’ve driven up you can just park to the immediate north/east of the stadium. Behind the stand behind the goals.

Edited by Enigma

Actually no idea how we will line up now. Squad looks like it has made some massive improvement that it can be quite tough 

Gaston / Gill 

Banks 

Little 

ToB

Hammy 

Gold / Hetherington / Bitsindou 

Balde / Tait 

McKenna / Allan 

Dow / Olusanya / Stewart

Linn / El Mhanni 

Adarkwa / Hilson 

So many different ways to go in the 3 behind the striker and as the middle 2. Also not sure if Banks will even come right in and start the League of Ireland has been over for a while not sure where his fitness will be. Think Stewart might continue there but hard to tell 

I think at home we need to be playing one of El Mhanni or Bobby and try take the game to the opposition. I think McKenna is clearly best option in the 10 to the right of that and I cannot really pick between Dow and Olusanya. Maybe start Dow and bring on Olusanya when opposition tiring would be way to go. 

Midfield 2, one seems nailed on to be Balde but Hetherington and Gold both really could and should maybe be starters for me. Would prefer Bitsindou as cover or someone to play in away games or against physical opponents which Raith definitely are not 

A lot of tough calls to make 

I was pleasantly surprised to see Tait back in your squad again, that looked like a season ender he suffered at Stark's.

As for the match, our general performance levels have been good recently, but with this being a clear chance to put any relegation worries to bed we'll no doubt lose.

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I was pleasantly surprised to see Tait back in your squad again, that looked like a season ender he suffered at Stark's.

As for the match, our general performance levels have been good recently, but with this being a clear chance to put any relegation worries to bed we'll no doubt lose.

Looking forward to seeing what Tait can do in a more cohesive squad than previously.

Raith will be playing a rejuvenated and confident Arbroath who will be keen to improve their home form.

A home win and Raith gets sucked into the relegation zone - an away win, not worth thinking about !

Predicting a home win - based on Arbroath's recent performances.

Starting 11 - will leave that to DC !

On 31/01/2023 at 11:21, Rover1990 said:

His first one was a tackle against Albion rovers, two were surface and one done in training so dont know if it was a tackle or what.

Not sensitive just wouldn’t want to see the guys career end at 27. 

Why would he have any more chance of getting injured playing Arbroath above anyone else?

3 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

Why would he have any more chance of getting injured playing Arbroath above anyone else?

Your name pretty much sums up the argument tbh. I'm not actually accusing arbroath of being a bunch of hammer throwers, but that is the argument with that. 

5 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Raith will be playing a rejuvenated and confident Arbroath who will be keen to improve their home form.

A home win and Raith gets sucked into the relegation zone - an away win, not worth thinking about !

Predicting a home win - based on Arbroath's recent performances.

Starting 11 - will leave that to DC !

I have a pretty good feeling about Saturday too but we've been here before a few times this season already so I won't get too carried away. Some of our fans are getting incredibly excited with very little justification. One win against a team who haven't beaten us in over 3 years isn't enough... yet. Put together a few more great results and performances and fine.

It's a 50/50 game I would say.

However, if you're basing it on recent performances then I wouldn't get too confident. Our last 4 results are 2-1, 0-2, 1-4 and 2-2, not really inspiring. Whereas Raith are unbeaten in 9 games. Ok 6 of them were draws and 1 of the wins was against Linlithgow but their form is miles better/more consistent than ours.

Since Raith lost:

Raith P9 W3 D6 L0 F13 A9

Arbroath P9 W2 D3 L4 F14 A22

Edited by Tattie36