Goodwin's last team vs Goodwin's last but one team

31 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

We had the same discussion over Fraser's red. Olusanya was fouled first but Hearts got the free kick. The consensus was that the red card offence superceded the initial foul.

I think the consensus was the referee made a mistake in awarding Hearts the free kick. 

23 minutes ago, AussieBud said:

The tackle on Grieve by whoever the Aberdeen 18 was, seems to have went under the radar, it was more than wreckless and could have been a bad outcome for Grieve

That was a shocker.

Probably not quite enough for a red, but really dangerous. 

24 minutes ago, AussieBud said:

The tackle on Grieve by whoever the Aberdeen 18 was, seems to have went under the radar, it was more than wreckless and could have been a bad outcome for Grieve

Their new cb. Pollock I think.

Hayes went in high on Strain too in the first half when they lost all discipline. Got away with that one.

27 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Their new cb. Pollock I think.

Hayes went in high on Strain too in the first half when they lost all discipline. Got away with that one.

Hayes has previous for that as part of a mass Aberdonian heads gone. Remember that two-footed lunge on McGrath when we beat them at our place? The melty-faced p***k.

On the subject of 'rejects'.

Sometimes you need to put your hands up and admit it's probably a coaching thing.

Both Aberdeen and ourselves had Lawrence Shankland at and early age and he tore up no trees for either of us. Would both of us flat out reject the chance to have him back? Don't be daft. Shankland in all honestly, was probably poorly coached at both sides...this led to disinterest and poor performances and then the guy having to salvage his career.

Same with Ryan Hardie with us. Scored goals everywhere he's been but at St. Mirren he could hit a coo's arse with a banjo.

Same with Aaron Mooy - papped on an exercise bike for nearly two years rather than being on the park. Within 3 years he was a £10m player. Do I feel he was a reject? Well we released him without much struggle but again, we knew there was a talented player there. That doesn't mean we'd not have him back ever day of the week.

Thing is though, the majority of players that we let go, end up down the levels at league one and two in a year or so before inevitably making their way to utter no-hopers like Broomhill or Darvel. If we were releasing players left right and centre who have had good careers and then go on to have good careers at other clubs at the same level as us, that's when it's time to think, 'is it a problem with us and our coaching?'

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Bingo, that’s all I really wanted. Thank you. 

I'm disappointed someone didn't see right through that, but hey.. I'm sure you'll take your win virtually if your team can't do it physically.. ;)

24 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I hear that guys who run successful fish and chip shops call Willie Miller a reject.

You sure about that? Last time I heard they had all gone bust about 20 years ago!

20 hours ago, kent_don said:

No-one in the ground thought that was a red. Not the saints bench or Dunne himself. You can tell by reactions.

Dunne was probably too busy checking face wasn't broken. 

Only came on here as an article came up about pundits disagreeing with the decision last night. Knew it was a red before I even watched it as Michael Stewart said it wasn't: "I can see why he's given it, but that's not a red for me". Makes sense. Given that weapon loves to disagree with everyone it's no surprise to see it's a clear red. Surprised so many folk on here agreeing with that fanny mind you. 

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Only came on here as an article came up about pundits disagreeing with the decision last night. Knew it was a red before I even watched it as Michael Stewart said it wasn't: "I can see why he's given it, but that's not a red for me". Makes sense. Given that weapon loves to disagree with everyone it's no surprise to see it's a clear red. Surprised so many folk on here agreeing with that fanny mind you. 

I was waiting for him to bring up bio mechanics to justify it.

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Stewart especially I think feels as if he has to disagree with anything that may be positive for Thommo's team.

Aberdeen appealing this, what the actual feck!

Unless the timing is such that it lets him play on Saturday, and they think that's worth the cash, it's such a ridiculous waste of money.

What's their defence going to be?

Michael Stewart, the Red TV pundits and some Aberdeen fans on P&B didn't think it was a red - we rest our case.

Oh, and can we have the game replayed.

13 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Aberdeen are appealing the red card. Can't see them having much joy TBH.

This just confirms that madness has descended on the city of Aberdeen. 

Aberdeen's board of directors, their football management, and those of their fans who still maintain that McCrorie's cheap shot, a blatant forearm smash on Dunne, didn't merit a straight red card have lost their marbles. It was an assault. 

Guys, just because you don't want to believe it doesn't mean it's not true.

Just watched it back on Alba for the craic.

You can actually see that Charles Dunne's eye is already swollen before the guy is even up the tunnel, so it must have been a decent blow, unlike the VAR check 30 seconds into the game when that dramatic number 16 guy went down like Gordon Bennett to the docks trying to get Dunne into trouble when fk all had happened. 

That little extra raising of the elbow at the last minute isn't going to help his appeal any.