Goodwin's last team vs Goodwin's last but one team

7 hours ago, coprolite said:

Just watched it back. Ffs. 

So how was Gallagher offside then 😂.

As for the red card, sticking your elbow in someone's face is asking for trouble. He was blocked yes, so ask yourselves why he threw his elbow up? I've seen all sorts of reasons from Aberdeen fans, mainly to protect himself, but look at the video, he was already going past him, why did he need to protect himself? A moment of stupidity cost you the game.

We have had Erhahon and Dunne sent off for similar incidents 

Thing is, it 100% was a foul to Aberdeen and the ref got the call wrong in awarding us the free kick.

The amount of roasters on twitter who seem to believe that the fact it should have been a foul and possibly a booking for Dunne somehow nullifies and renders the elbow in the face that followed as non-judgeable is hilarious. 

I have a question for all the folk claiming it wasn't a red and that folk who think it was have never played football before and that it was a natural reaction and/or natural for someone trying to get around a player;

When was the last time you saw that? If it's such a regular thing, or at least such a natural thing, then surely it must be seen fairly often, and if so must pass without incident? However I no such occurrences come to mind.

All banter aside, any Aberdeen fan still claiming that is not a red for McCrorie is "at it". We've seen multiple angles and not one shows it as being a non-punishable offence.

For me, and because it happened so early on in game, this was Robson's fault. He's clearly told them he needed to see "fight and desire" or whatever cliched nonsense you want to use, and McCrorie took that too literally and tried to force his way past Dunne. Problem with that is the obvious and clear use of the elbow, it was raised while he was running, but the video shows he adds to that. It's a forearm smash, simple as that. A red as clear as you can see.

Feel sorry for Fraser for the penalty. It was one, not claiming otherwise, but Duk (who looks a good player every time I see him) put his legs all over the place and it's more an accidental collision. It's our fault, of course, we failed to deal with him running at us, but I don't think you can single out Fraser for that.

All in all, this was a major banana skin for us, and for all the reasons we mentioned before; our away form, the expectation of a manager bounce, etc, etc, but we were excellent from start to finish.

8 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

3rd goal wasn't across the line

I mean you can keep saying that, but the evidence clearly shows differently.

I can say that we won 15-0, but we didn't because the facts don't support the claim, bit like yours.

Seeing a clip of the red in slow motion the only question that might cast doubt on it being a clear red is whether slow motion is making it look much worse by making it look more deliberate action than it is, ie has his elbow just caught Dunne through a natural movement rather than intentionally elbowing him.

Watching it back in real time removes any doubt. The elbow is obviously thrown at the face deliberately, there is no argument against that being violent conduct. The only person Aberdeen fans should be annoyed at there is McCrorie for being so stupid.

2 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Dandy Dons fans tying themselves in knots over them letting Gallagher go for free only for him to then rock up at a league rival and immediately become one of the best centre backs in the division.

Absolutely lovely stuff.

Was one of the best centre backs in the division before he joined them too. He was outstanding for Livi and Motherwell at this level and rightly earned a call up to the Scotland team as a result. I fear that the problem here is Aberdeen, not Declan Gallgher.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

So how was Gallagher offside then 😂.

Listening to McLean and whoever that pundit was on AberdeenTV talking about that third goal was absolutely mind blowing last night. Their rationale seemed to be that cause the linesman had given Watt offside and not the goal that VAR shouldn't have got involved. The TV angle quite clearly shows the ball being over the line - and the pundit seemed to agree it was over the line - but he kept going back to Watt being offside after the event as a reason for the goal to be chopped off :lol:

10 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Dandy Dons fans tying themselves in knots over them letting Gallagher go for free only for him to then rock up at a league rival and immediately become one of the best centre backs in the division.

Absolutely lovely stuff.

5 minutes ago, Lex said:

Was one of the best centre backs in the division before he joined them too. He was outstanding for Livi and Motherwell at this level and rightly earned a call up to the Scotland team as a result. I fear that the problem here is Aberdeen, not Declan Gallgher.

You might want to ask Motherwell fans if they agree. 

20 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You might want to ask Motherwell fans if they agree. 

I've asked them and they do agree: Dons fans are tying themselves in knots over letting Gallagher go for free only for him to then rock up at a league rival and immediately become one of the best centre backs in the division.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

I've asked them and they do agree: Dons fans are tying themselves in knots over letting Gallagher go for free only for him to then rock up at a league rival and immediately become one of the best centre backs in the division.

His best form at Motherwell (when he got into the Scotland squad) was before his last year with them where things turned a bit sour. He was then poor for us and likely wasn't helped by tactics making him pass the ball a bit more and we gave up on him (possibly too quickly). Recurring problem for the Dons is the number of players we can't get everything out of - lots of average premiership players seem shite when playing for us and more than good enough when they go elsewhere.