Goodwin's last team vs Goodwin's last but one team

31 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Not sure Miller and Bonner's punditry skills are directly comparable. 

Miller will happily call out AFC as much as praise us - if not moreso. He also felt the McCrorie incident was a red card.

Just because they played in the 80s, does that mean they should just be emptied?  The demographic of the Scottish fitba fan still includes a lot of guys who watched these guys.

As for Gallagher, he is an AFC reject.  A reminder of that is tomorrow's fixture when Motherwell come to town.  Gallagher absolutely $hat the bed each time he was up against Kevin van Veen, which I always found bizarre given THAT game vs Mitrovic in Belgrade.  I notice St Mirren didn't feel him worthy of a start either in midweek, so maybe he needs to enjoy his fairly inconsequential 92 minute goal against 10 knackered players more than most would.

Gallagher has been out injured last couple of weeks. Had to be on the bench as Joe Shaughnesy is also injured. But a half fit Declan still strolled it. 

And a wee reflection for Dons fans. We were down to 10 men after 8 mins only a few weeks ago Away to Killie. We never gave them a look-in and should have won it but got a draw. Whereas Aberdeen conceded 3 and it could easily have been 5. Yea your performance was an improvement than Darvel but still pretty rank defending.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Nearly Friday afternoon and the st Mirren fans are watching Aberdeen YouTube videos to wind themselves up. 

Outstanding. 

Naw, had a bag of popcorn in the cupboard and thought I'd find a Comedy to watch.

18 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

That’s clearly bollocks though.

When we beat you 4-1 in the first game of the season - which was effectively decided by a first half sending off like all the games between us this season - all the conversation post-match from Miller and others was about what a horrific game Declan Gallagher had had and that type of performance was why he wasn’t at Aberdeen.

You mean the entire 22 minutes Gallagher played before his sending off for handball at 0-0 equals "horrific performance?"

Bullocks.

6 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Naw, had a bag of popcorn in the cupboard and thought I'd find a Comedy to watch.

That is top patter. 

6 minutes ago, southside saint said:

You mean the entire 22 minutes Gallagher played before his sending off for handball at 0-0 equals "horrific performance?"

Bullocks.

Two bookings and chucking the game in 22 minutes doesn’t scream an 8 out of 10, I’ll be honest 

8 minutes ago, southside saint said:

Bullocks.

He got himself sent off, gave away a pen which we scored from and left you for 70 minutes with ten men. He was w**k.

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

Gallagher has been out injured last couple of weeks. Had to be on the bench as Joe Shaughnesy is also injured. But a half fit Declan still strolled it. 

And a wee reflection for Dons fans. We were down to 10 men after 8 mins only a few weeks ago Away to Killie. We never gave them a look-in and should have won it but got a draw. Whereas Aberdeen conceded 3 and it could easily have been 5. Yea your performance was an improvement than Darvel but still pretty rank defending.

Are you suggesting we're not very good? 

It seems outrageous but you might be on to something. 

1 hour ago, AngusTheBull said:

That’s clearly bollocks though.

It's absolutely not, take off the rose tinted glasses. Miller used the term rejects, not "Abedeen rejects" or even "Players that never succeeded at Aberdeen" but a blanket term referencing their entire career. He did this because he is incapable of objectivity, with Aberdeen being his primary concern. He probably thought that everyone would assume that he meant in context with his beloved club.

The simple fact is Miller is a dreadful pundit, the worst combination of being a contrarian and out of touch with modern football. Do you know who has never called Miller a reject? Himself. He constantly makes excuses for his own tenure at the club yet insults others who have failed considerably less than he did.

Anyone still labouring under the suggestion that a well known pundit calling anyone a reject is not an insult is clearly living in a world of their own.

Edited by Ric

1 hour ago, Ric said:

It's absolutely not, take off the rose tinted glasses. Miller used the term rejects, not "Abedeen rejects" or even "Players that never succeeded at Aberdeen" but a blanket term referencing their entire career. He did this because he is incapable of objectivity, with Aberdeen being his primary concern. He probably thought that everyone would assume that he meant in context with his beloved club.

The simple fact is Miller is a dreadful pundit, the worst combination of being a contrarian and out of touch with modern football. Do you know who has never called Miller a reject? Himself. He constantly makes excuses for his own tenure at the club yet insults others who have failed considerably less than he did.

Anyone still labouring under the suggestion that a well known pundit calling anyone a reject is not an insult is clearly living in a world of their own.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/59gYTrS7mLvzn2r6D7m1PTc/contact-points-of-view

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Nearly Friday afternoon and the st Mirren fans are watching Aberdeen YouTube videos to wind themselves up. 

Outstanding. 

It is now very much Friday afternoon, and I’m spending a few moments before opening a packet of cheezy wotsits and a can of Tizer by looking at the league table, reflecting on two 3-1 gubbings handed down to Aberdeen, chuckling at your goalie going up for that corner, reflecting on the success of Jim Goodwin’s ‘new look Aberdeen’, shaking my head at red card appeals, re-living Curtis Main’s goals and celebrations at Pittodrie, and giving fleeting thoughts to 5-0 and 6-0 pumpings, and 1-0 losses to sixth-tier Ayrshire diddies….. not watching Aberdeen YouTube videos.

On 02/02/2023 at 00:15, kingjoey said:

Nice to be able to cheer you up after your own team’s capitulation tonight.

Was always going to happen sadly. Pretending they are not a good side will not win us any more points. Pains me to say it but they are very far in front of us player-wise. Just need to keep trying to get closer, but it’s not easy.

5 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Was always going to happen sadly. Pretending they are not a good side will not win us any more points. Pains me to say it but they are very far in front of us player-wise. Just need to keep trying to get closer, but it’s not easy.

A fan of the third farce slithering back onto the forum as they have a game against one of the "lesser" teams tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

A fan of the third farce slithering back onto the forum as they have a game against one of the "lesser" teams tomorrow.

“Slithering”… 😄

We have a tough game tomorrow. Dundee United are a very physical team. Home advantage should hopefully be enough to get the win, but I’m probably more concerned with not losing five or six players to injury, which feels like the norm vs that lot recently.

Aberdeen lose tomorrow and they are right in the relegation battle, imo. You do not strike me as a team set up to battle relegation. 

8 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Slithering”… 😄

We have a tough game tomorrow. Dundee United are a very physical team. Home advantage should hopefully be enough to get the win, but I’m probably more concerned with not losing five or six players to injury, which feels like the norm vs that lot recently.

Aberdeen lose tomorrow and they are right in the relegation battle, imo. You do not strike me as a team set up to battle relegation. 

Yes, slithering. 5 posts in the last 24 hours, 4 on this thread, and no comment on your capitulation to The Rangers.

Third farce indeed...

11 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Yes, slithering. 5 posts in the last 24 hours, 4 on this thread, and no comment on your capitulation to The Rangers.

Third farce indeed...

Steady on old timer, I posted on the match thread before kick off and made my opinion quite clear. I thought we would get beaten. What more did you want me to say? Frankly, like all games vs the two teams with vastly more resources, I am just glad to get them out the way and back to the real business.

Thats two posts where you have mentioned third force now… I suspect the real reason for your ire is encapsulated within that turn of phrase. 

Edited by Kyle Reese

9 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Steady on old timer, I posted on the match thread before kick off and made my opinion quite clear. I thought we would get beaten. What more did you want me to say? Frankly, like all games vs the two teams with vastly more resources, I am just glad to get them out the way and back to the real business.

Thats two posts where you have mentioned third force now… I suspect the real reason for your ire is encapsulated within that turn of phrase. 

I haven't mentioned "third force".

9 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Just glad to get them out the way? 
You’re at home in 3rd place to the 2nd placed team. That’s the big games you have to win. 
Or are you too busy singing Hello Hello to each other?

Pathetic attitude to be honest. 

9 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Just glad to get them out the way? 
You’re at home in 3rd place to the 2nd placed team. That’s the big games you have to win. 
Or are you too busy singing Hello Hello to each other?

Pathetic attitude to be honest. 

Just a realist. Rangers are miles ahead of us, because they can afford to be. We will keep trying to chip away, but let’s not pretend they are some shite team like the one that eventually made its way to the top division. Sadly, they are undeniably a very good team at this level. 

In a season where we are doing well and looking like the third best side, it tends to be this way. The old firm will drop the odd points against non-OF teams, but they will be up for the team in third (whomever that may be). That’s not because they see us as a credible threat, it is more because they underestimate the teams below us that are closer to us than we are to the old firm.

I hope to see us get to the stage where I go in to these games with a well-reasoned confidence that we can get a result, but we are not there yet. We are hovering around it being the case in cup finals, but last season exposed the differences there too. With all our injured players fit and playing one of them in the Scottish Cup final this season, I would be reasonably confident of springing a shock in a big one off game like that.

Edited by Kyle Reese

59 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Unfortunately it’s not us, but it must be a bit gut wrenching that it’s St Mirren getting closer to you.