Goodwin's last team vs Goodwin's last but one team

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I guess you are just less critical when it comes to your own team, players and fans then. :rolleyes:

I like to think I’ve been critical of my own club when they’ve deserved it: Australia cup, CL ticket pricing, Old Firm Banners, AC/DC merch are just a few examples I’ve spoken about.

Again though, I’m not sure what that has to do with St Mirren’s tweet, other than engaging in whataboutery.

Edited by AJF

46 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

The tears and snotters on this are delicious.

I lasted about 4 minutes of the blovaiting fool (and that was after skipping to his self-defeating analysis of the red card)! They really need to take a deep breath and focus on hoping that their club can turn this round rather than indulging in OFesque obsession with individual, marginal decisions. We know the officials are shite overall. We know there are laughable inconsistencies. We know decisions can change games, and that VAR hasn't helped one iota. Teams can make it harder on themselves though, and by Christ, Aberdeen are doing that currently. A wee bit of self-respect is required now. It is becoming toe-curling.

Edited by Drooper
typos

1 hour ago, AJF said:

In my opinion I think there’s a reason you don’t see official club Twitter accounts posting that kind of stuff very often.

It is worth mentioning the context and that this isn't the club having a jab at Aberdeen FC or their fans, but the BBC.

When the national broadcaster feels it's fine to have presenters and analysts being dismissive of your club, players and referring to them as 'Aberdeen rejects', I think it's entirely fine for the club to address that. The way the club has done so via social media is quite clever. This has a bigger impact than writing a whiny 'club statement' on your website and also makes those pundits and comments look silly. 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

...other than engaging in whataboutery.

Some might consider it consistency rather than whataboutery.

Just to clarify, the ex-manager of the team that was beaten, a man well known for sour grapes and lacking impartiality, calls ex-players who beat his ex-team "rejects" and you are alone in thinking a simple twitter clap back is somehow "tin pot".

The only person tin pot here is Miller, where it sticks in his craw to say anything positive about certain teams. He has history with St Mirren, especially with OAM on Radio Scotland, where his morose delivery mixed with his lack of objectivity has been on display many a time.

Perhaps you are unaware of Miller's inability to be objective.

Edit: I'm loving that someone had to drop to their alias account to downvote me.. :lol:, an account that has only 2 posts since 2013, and which spends all it's time dotting posts..

Spoiler

DMAWjhS.png

Edited by Ric

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Nearly Friday afternoon and the st Mirren fans are watching Aberdeen YouTube videos to wind themselves up. 

Outstanding. 

Hold up guys, if we win a game of football, it seems you have a set time limit in which to discuss it.

#gatekeeping

:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Hold up guys, if we win a game of football, it seems you have a set time limit in which to discuss it.

#gatekeeping

:rolleyes:

No, you crack on. Some people in Aberdeen still talk about a game from 40 years ago. Thankfully no one on P&B has an opinion on that though. 

The BBC are the ones really to blame. They wheel out club cheer leaders like Willie Miller and Packie Bonner to cover "their clubs".

Miller and Bonner should not be employed by the BBC at all. Not becaur they support Aberdeen/Celtic. But because they are dinosaurs who have not been relevant to Scottish football in 30+ years.

I'm all for hearing clowns like Miller hurting live on radio. But I think I would prefer actual professional pundits to analyse the game, rather than glorified cheerleaders shouting their opinions and the eventual tears and snotters when they are humiliated.

Miller is a clown, but he has the backing of the BBC, which is more worrying.

Get it round every single person moaning about a silly Tweet making a light-hearted joke.

20230201_ABDNMIRREN_036JPG-JS792601087.jpg

27 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

No, you crack on. Some people in Aberdeen still talk about a game from 40 years ago. Thankfully no one on P&B has an opinion on that though. 

You'll need to remind me, did Aberdeen do anything 40 years ago that's worth talking about? ;)

Btw, for the lolz, here is the final table from 82/83, it makes interesting reading..

Spoiler

YmJnsNs.png

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

:lol: I love how much P&B loves willie miller 

Ok, try it this way.. if, for example, Paddy Boner, claimed after Johnny Hayes scores to beat Celtic, that Celtic were beaten by a reject? What would be your reply to Boner? Someone who equally struggles to grasp how objective commentary works and, like Miller, seems to think that because they were involved with football decades ago that they're relevant now.

What's more Miller has a history of this, it's not like we are reacting to this as a sole incident, he has regularly slagged us off while bigging up his own team. The screams of delight as he's desperate to be heard in OAM when Aberdeen score is chalk and cheese when it comes to reporting goals teams score against Aberdeen.

Edited by Ric

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

You'll need to remind me, did Aberdeen do anything 40 years ago that's worth talking about? ;)

Btw, for the lolz, here is the final table from 82/83, it makes interesting reading..

Hide contents

YmJnsNs.png

Ok, try it this way.. if, for example, Paddy Boner, claimed after Johnny Hayes scores to beat Celtic, that Celtic were beaten by a reject? What would be your reply to Boner? Someone who equally struggles to grasp how objective commentary works and, like Miller, seems to think that because they were involved with football decades ago that they relevant now.

What's more Miller has a history of this, it's not like we are reacting to this as a sole incident, he has regularly slagged us off while bigging up his own team. The screams of delight as he's desperate to be heard in OAM when Aberdeen score is chalk and cheese when it comes to reporting goals teams score against Aberdeen.

I honestly don’t think it would bother me that much. Ross mccrorie is a rangers reject, Hayes is a Celtic reject, Ryan jack is an Aberdeen reject. I just don’t think it’s that offensive, and I think in his own clumsy way he was just highlighting that all 3 goals came from players Aberdeen let go, which is fact. 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I honestly don’t think it would bother me that much. Ross mccrorie is a rangers reject, Hayes is a Celtic reject, Ryan jack is an Aberdeen reject. I just don’t think it’s that offensive, and I think in his own clumsy way he was just highlighting that all 3 goals came from players Aberdeen let go, which is fact. 

It's not "offensive", I don't think anyone thinks it's offensive, but it is insulting, to quite a considerable degree.  Let's be entirely clear, if Aberdeen won that match he would have said nothing about the Ex-Aberdeen players, his comment is nothing but sour grapes, clumsy or otherwise.

He should be rightly pilloried for his words, which, as a private individual would be fine, but someone on a national broadcasting service, and by definition is being paid (albeit indirectly) by our taxes, the level of professionalism should be much much higher than the benchmark Miller set.

55 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

The BBC are the ones really to blame. They wheel out club cheer leaders like Willie Miller and Packie Bonner to cover "their clubs".

Miller and Bonner should not be employed by the BBC at all. Not becaur they support Aberdeen/Celtic. But because they are dinosaurs who have not been relevant to Scottish football in 30+ years.

I'm all for hearing clowns like Miller hurting live on radio. But I think I would prefer actual professional pundits to analyse the game, rather than glorified cheerleaders shouting their opinions and the eventual tears and snotters when they are humiliated.

Miller is a clown, but he has the backing of the BBC, which is more worrying.

Get it round every single person moaning about a silly Tweet making a light-hearted joke.

Not sure Miller and Bonner's punditry skills are directly comparable. 

Miller will happily call out AFC as much as praise us - if not moreso. He also felt the McCrorie incident was a red card.

Just because they played in the 80s, does that mean they should just be emptied?  The demographic of the Scottish fitba fan still includes a lot of guys who watched these guys.

As for Gallagher, he is an AFC reject.  A reminder of that is tomorrow's fixture when Motherwell come to town.  Gallagher absolutely $hat the bed each time he was up against Kevin van Veen, which I always found bizarre given THAT game vs Mitrovic in Belgrade.  I notice St Mirren didn't feel him worthy of a start either in midweek, so maybe he needs to enjoy his fairly inconsequential 92 minute goal against 10 knackered players more than most would.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's not "offensive", I don't think anyone thinks it's offensive, but it is insulting, to quite a considerable degree.  Let's be entirely clear, if Aberdeen won that match he would have said nothing about the Ex-Aberdeen players, his comment is nothing but sour grapes, clumsy or otherwise.

He should be rightly pilloried for his words, which, as a private individual would be fine, but someone on a national broadcasting service, and by definition is being paid (albeit indirectly) by our taxes, the level of professionalism should be much much higher than the benchmark Miller set.

That’s clearly bollocks though.

When we beat you 4-1 in the first game of the season - which was effectively decided by a first half sending off like all the games between us this season - all the conversation post-match from Miller and others was about what a horrific game Declan Gallagher had had and that type of performance was why he wasn’t at Aberdeen.

Likewise, the same game Curtis Main was ineffective and got hooked two mins into the second half. It wasn’t sour grapes or inaccurate to point out their performances that day reflected why they’d been released/rejected.

The fact St. Mirren are currently four points above us in the table doesn’t change the fact both players were on the whole abysmal for Aberdeen (Gallagher moreso than Main in fairness). Releasing them was and remains 100% the correct decision.