Goodwin's last team vs Goodwin's last but one team

0-0 at half time then.

Still can’t believe Main missed that open goal FFS. Attacking set pieces been predictably poor too. Second game in a row against Aberdeen where they’ve had a player sent off first half right enough. It eventually told last time and we got the three points, let’s this hope it does this time too. 
I can certainly see why that red has been given, certainly wouldn’t have been happy if it was given against us.

Get Watt on at half time. Our other strikers couldn’t hit a coos arse with a banjo. 

1 minute ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Not entirely sure you could say that is violent conduct, which is what he will have been sent off for and will serve a 3 match ban for. Did he hit him with the elbow, yes, did he line him up and do it on purpose, absolutely not. 

He's made a clear motion up towards Dunne's face. That's what he's been done for.

I await the appeal and subsequent throwing out of the appeal.

It's 100% deliberate, I don't think anyone can seriously believe otherwise. The only question is whether it is violent conduct or not, and the wording of that rule is that any deliberate contact with the arm on the head or face will be violent conduct unless it is considered "negligible". So basically you're asking the question of whether it's negligible or not.

Edited by craigkillie

Just now, houston_bud said:

Willie Miller calling the red card correct on Sportsound. 

"He unfortunately had his arm up in an unnatural position, which unfortunately catches the St Mirren player on the chin."

It's called hitting another player in the face with your arm Willie.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He's made a clear motion up towards Dunne's face. That's what he's been done for.

I await the appeal and subsequent throwing out of the appeal.

We won't appeal because there is no point. I can see why it's been given but as I say, he'll serve a 3 matcher for violent conduct, when its not that in my opinion. Let's face it, you'd be raging if it was given against you and I'm raging because it's been given against us. 

Havent had the pleasure of a replay of the tackle that the saints guy got booked for from behind but it looked a shocker. 

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

It's 100% deliberate, I don't think anyone can seriously believe otherwise. The only question is whether it is violent conduct or not, and the wording of that rule is that any deliberate contact with the arm on the head or face will be violent conduct unless it is considered "negligible". So basicall you're asking the question of whether it's negligible or not.

He's obviously used his arm to protect himself, as players do whilst dribbling in every single game.

If that's enough to be considered violent then I hate to see where the game is going.

2 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

We won't appeal because there is no point. I can see why it's been given but as I say, he'll serve a 3 matcher for violent conduct, when its not that in my opinion. Let's face it, you'd be raging if it was given against you and I'm raging because it's been given against us. 

Havent had the pleasure of a replay of the tackle that the saints guy got booked for from behind but it looked a shocker. 

It's a 2 match ban for violent conduct.

1 minute ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I take you’re at the game?

I heard on the radio on Saturday someone saying “Aberdeen need to invoke the spirit of Willie Miller”.

I didn’t think that meant… the whole team and crowd should act like a team of moany b*****ds that want to referee the game.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He's obviously used his arm to protect himself, as players do whilst dribbling in every single game.

If that's enough to be considered violent then I hate to see where the game is going.

You’ve clearly not watched it yet.

He does raise his arm, and at the last minute flicks his elbow into the face.