Goodwin's last team vs Goodwin's last but one team

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

11/4 for an away win with Bet365.

The St. Mirren fans must be lumping on that, surely?

Nope. I never bet on St Mirren. If I even stick my usual 50p correct score prediction on us, then it’s in our DNA to win when expected to lose, lose when expected to win, and, erm, draw when expected to, well, draw. Best left well alone.

1 hour ago, flyingscot said:

Our away form is horrible, we haven't won in a decade at Pittodrie and Aberdeen have OK home form, manager sacking bounce and have jettisoned some of your poorer performing players... I might give the betting a miss, not sure the bookies need my cash.  

“Player” singular. The only poor performing player we have jettisoned is Anthony Stewart.

5 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

11/4 for an away win with Bet365.

The St. Mirren fans must be lumping on that, surely?

Are you guys not expecting any sort of reaction from your team now that the manager has gone?

If you add together that Goodwin is away, Aberdeen's home form, our away form all season and our rotten record at Pittodrie...meh not confident. 

If we can put in a performance like we did at Tynecastle then maybe, I think this all hinges on what Aberdeen do tonight.

9 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Are you guys not expecting any sort of reaction from your team now that the manager has gone?

If you add together that Goodwin is away, Aberdeen's home form, our away form all season and our rotten record at Pittodrie...meh not confident. 

If we can put in a performance like we did at Tynecastle then maybe, I think this all hinges on what Aberdeen do tonight.

After Glass left we didn't get much of a reaction against St Johnstone when Barry Robson was in charge last season - we needed a controversial pen against the bottom team to get the draw. 

11/4 is a great price especially when we have a new defence that has had 1 day to work together. I live on hope that our record against St Mirren at Pittodrie is excellent along with our record at Pittodrie this season - hopefully time to stop the rot! 

Edited by betting competition

19 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

A reaction? No.

Our home form was only really decent at the start of the season. We've been toiling recently. 

11 minutes ago, betting competition said:

After Glass left we didn't get much of a reaction against St Johnstone when Barry Robson was in charge last season - we needed a controversial pen against the bottom team to get the draw. 

Having heard part of his press conference on the radio last night that’s not particularly surprising. Comes across as a clown. That being said would still expect an Aberdeen win, I highly doubt they can or will ever perform as bad as that Hibs game. Unless the players are sick of Robson already. 

30 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Having heard part of his press conference on the radio last night that’s not particularly surprising. Comes across as a clown. That being said would still expect an Aberdeen win, I highly doubt they can or will ever perform as bad as that Hibs game. Unless the players are sick of Robson already. 

I thought Barry Robson spoke well and very positive. Jonny Hayes on the other hand was so negative which I hope the players are not like that or it will be an easy win for St Mirren.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Peas in a curry?

Naw.

Oh, aye.

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

11/4 is a great price especially when we have a new defence that has had 1 day to work together. I live on hope that our record against St Mirren at Pittodrie is excellent along with our record at Pittodrie this season - hopefully time to stop the rot! 

There's been far too much chat about our excellent record against St Mirren at Pittodrie*. Obvious what's going to happen...

* Which is: P 111 W 71 D 23 L 17 F 238 A 99

Edited by Jacksgranda
Update