Queens v Edinburgh

8 minutes ago, Bodie said:

Ah well. Chippy on the way home then.

Palmerston Cafe (no affiliation) on Glasgow Road is a decent chippy. It's close to the ground if you're heading the direction of the town centre. 

12 hours ago, Bodie said:

I'm going to this on Saturday. First ever trip to Palmerston. Are the pies any good ?

If it's anything like our meetings so far this season it'll be humble pie you're after. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

17 hours ago, Bodie said:

I'm going to this on Saturday. First ever trip to Palmerston. Are the pies any good ?

Pies are actually ok compared to some of the slops we get served up on our travels.  Each to their own though.  If your planning on having a drink there are plenty pubs within short walking distance.  The bar at the ground will also welcome away fans.

On to the game itself though.  I'm looking forward to this game with a slight sense of optimism.  Saturday saw some signs of improvement although our defensive frailties were still there for all to see.  No overnight fixes here though.  As always going forward we are ok (though we still need to be more clinical).  From what I've seen Edinburgh seem to have reserved their bad games for when they play us.  Don't see another high scoring game this time but would be happy with one.

How do you guys rate your chances?

3 hours ago, Katboy said:

Pies are actually ok compared to some of the slops we get served up on our travels.  Each to their own though.  If your planning on having a drink there are plenty pubs within short walking distance.  The bar at the ground will also welcome away fans.

On to the game itself though.  I'm looking forward to this game with a slight sense of optimism.  Saturday saw some signs of improvement although our defensive frailties were still there for all to see.  No overnight fixes here though.  As always going forward we are ok (though we still need to be more clinical).  From what I've seen Edinburgh seem to have reserved their bad games for when they play us.  Don't see another high scoring game this time but would be happy with one.

How do you guys rate your chances?

I've not been to see City since before Xmas. It's been 3 defeats on the trot albeit 2 of those were against the top 2. I think they'll always have a chance against anyone at this level with See and Robertson up top.

About the only thing Wullie's team could do was batter Edinburgh but it didn't add up to much when we were so hopeless against  everyone else! 

Hopefully Marvin can continue our remarkably good record* against you and deliver back to back league wins for only the second time in 12 months!

Not expecting anything from this season any more all about building for next but would be good to see more signs of progress and (dare I say) reasons for optimism again.

*5 wins from 5 since 2012, 17-1 on aggregate 

20 minutes ago, DoonhamerDon said:

About the only thing Wullie's team could do was batter Edinburgh but it didn't add up to much when we were so hopeless against  everyone else! 

Hopefully Marvin can continue our remarkably good record* against you and deliver back to back league wins for only the second time in 12 months!

Not expecting anything from this season any more all about building for next but would be good to see more signs of progress and (dare I say) reasons for optimism again.

*5 wins from 5 since 2012, 17-1 on aggregate 

Agreed, can't see us making 4th but we need to try and finish as high as possible and get a bit of enthusiasm back into the fans. They've signed Scott Mercer, hope Lewis or McKechnie are up against him and in the mood to run him ragged. Doubt it'll be as one-sided as Palmerston meetings have been already this season but I'll be happy if we score just one goal more than them. 

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No space for Reilly. Think my theory may well be right... 

Surprised Kabia isn't starting but then if he can make an impact like last week it could be a shrewd move. 

Or McKenna.  The two undroppables dropped.

12 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Or McKenna.  The two undroppables dropped.

I think McKenna and Quitongo are definitely on their way out. They played the whole game the other night so never expected them to feature today. Reilly only played about 40 minutes though so he could have made the bench. Be surprised if he's here next season tbh. 

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think McKenna and Quitongo are definitely on their way out. They played the whole game the other night so never expected them to feature today. Reilly only played about 40 minutes though so he could have made the bench. Be surprised if he's here next season tbh. 

Aye, I could easily see him following the well worn path from Palmerston down to Galabank in the summer.