Motherwell vs St Johnstone, Wednesday 1 February, 2023

You fine Perth people can see it. Every other team’s fans have seen it and we’ve been crying it since the end of last season and yet no one in any place of power at Fir Park seem to have realised it’s a team of cowards led by donkeys. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Yes, all credit to the vast majority on here tonight who could have justifiably stuck the boot in, but were probably too numbed by disbelief to do so.

Also, perhaps, there was a little bit of this...

the-simpsons-he-is-already-dead.gif

Empathic is probably the best way to describe it. Pretty much a carbon copy of what we endured for the majority of last season 

Aye saints fans can absolutely sympathise with Motherwell fans now. A team led by a legendary left back who’s a club legend, filled with disinterested and aging players. Whilst relying on a series of loans and out of contract players in January to attempt to save you. 

Yeah that’s a carbon copy of us last year, minus Nadir Cifiti….

28 minutes ago, Widge said:

Aye saints fans can absolutely sympathise with Motherwell fans now. A team led by a legendary left back who’s a club legend, filled with disinterested and aging players. Whilst relying on a series of loans and out of contract players in January to attempt to save you. 

We got away with it thanks to Clark, Hendry and probably Rooney. Don’t see that in this Motherwell side. Just as well there are 3/4 other guff sides this year 

Edited by PSJ.84

18 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Got to say it was mental watching a midfielder who could tackle and pass a ball. What a novel idea. Truly groundbreaking tactical nouse to come up with that. 

I mean it’s taken Davidson until now, from when we sold McCann 18 months ago, so give Hammell time…..

19 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Got to say it was mental watching a midfielder who could tackle and pass a ball. What a novel idea. Truly groundbreaking tactical nouse to come up with that. 

Tbf Slattery can probably do that well, for this level, in a team that isnt a mess.

Multiple times last night where Motherwell players just fell to the ground or simply dived hoping to con the ref. Was pretty embarrassing, especially as it was throughout the team not just one player. 

I've said it before but I can't name a single time or game where Hammell and Kerr have made a tactical move that has affected the game, and I don't even mean a result, just the general flow of a game. 

5 hours ago, Widge said:

Obika is Motherwell's Nadir

• 2 months later...
On 01/02/2023 at 20:17, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, Motherwell look fucked.

Prototype relegated side in how they play. Play a hundred passes around the back, get nowhere, lose ball, concede chance. 

On 01/02/2023 at 20:43, RandomGuy. said:

If there are aspirations for top half, we need to win games from this situation.

Been totally on top, have the lead, and Motherwell look both toothless and empty of confidence. Phillips/MacPherson just dominating midfield.

Think if we win this we can class ourselves as safe too, would only be about 9 points of a tally that usually sees teams fine and we've generally been able to pick up wins v bottom half sides.

Throw this away from here though and things go rapidly downhill.

What a fucking moron.

7 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

You’re not alone 

Including Motherwell fans. 

Worst Motherwell performance home or away for many a season. I would have binned Hammell straight away after FT.  That he got another league game and then the cup tie v Raith was due to his past status at the club. Cost us a potential cup run as I thought it would at the time. 

5 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Including Motherwell fans. 

Worst Motherwell performance home or away for many a season. I would have binned Hammell straight away after FT.  That he got another league game and then the cup tie v Raith was due to his past status at the club. Cost us a potential cup run as I thought it would at the time. 

Saints are now sleep walking right into doing similar but instead of it costing a potential cup run it could cost us our place in the league. 

So many parallels between Motherwells performance that night to Saints performances, especially at home. Not a new thing though. We've been a disaster at home fairly consistently under Davidson though.