Are you afraid of dying/death?

Are you afraid of death/dying?  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

To me It's an absolute mindfuck. I know that folk say that before you were born there was nothing and after you die there will be nothing, but it's just so hard to get your mind around it, or at least for me it is.

I cannot comprehend an eternity of nothingness, of never existing ever again. My mind cannot get it, I can't understand the reality of it.

Therefore I answer 'yes' to the thread title.

The world is much bigger than you and if you think this way you are too self centred IMO.

No. It comes to us all. I hope I can see my kids raised and alright before it comes, but I’m not afraid of it. 

I had a heart attack in 2019, so I’ve had a trial run. Wasn’t a big fan. When that happens you remember the date and the feeling of ‘f**k, so this is it’.

Edited by Scary Bear

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I do find it unnerving when people around the same age 40s/50s die. It’s awful, and it makes you take a moment and think. It’s worse when they have kids who have to go through that.

Happens all the time, I was working with a Guy the day before we finished for Christmas who was talking about how he was a recovering alcoholic who hadn’t drank in 20 years (he was 50) and he died the day after Boxing Day in his sleep as he had some blood clot issues. I only found out he died on Friday there.

The people I know who find death a hard subject are people who have faced those closest to them dying unexpectedly or tragically, before their time etc. I’m fortunate enough to have never had to deal with that.

7 minutes ago, Tynie Bagstock said:

When I was younger never really thought about it.  After my dad died a few years ago that changed.

Not terrified of dying but terrified of dying young and leaving my kids to grow up without me being there.

We've got no relatives so who would look after them, what would happen to them, how would they develop.  My daughter would be fine I think but my son is ridiculously close to me and goes everywhere with me, I'd really worry about him if I died whilst he is still young.

Financially they would be fine with life insurance, pensions etc.

Let me get to 80 in reasonable health and then go thanks 

I’ve just about reached the target you mention in your last sentence and yes, I , and my wife are quite reconciled to it happening anytime. 
We’ve had a wonderful life, great family, very few regrets, and are now doing everything we can manage and going on as many holidays as we feel up to.

Covid held us back a bit in 2020 but having read some wonderful articles by the likes of Lord Sumption, Peter Hitchens and others, we decided to follow our instincts and ignored lockdown restrictions, mask wearing and all dehumanising rules as far as was possible. Our motto is ‘What will be will be’.

So, until the grim reaper arrives, as inevitably it will, onwards and upwards.

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

To me It's an absolute mindfuck. I know that folk say that before you were born there was nothing and after you die there will be nothing, but it's just so hard to get your mind around it, or at least for me it is.

I cannot comprehend an eternity of nothingness, of never existing ever again. My mind cannot get it, I can't understand the reality of it.

Therefore I answer 'yes' to the thread title.

I don't care about the after death part. It's the dying part that will hurt like f**k I bet.

But I chose Snoogins
Snoogins - YouTube