Are you afraid of dying/death?

Are you afraid of death/dying?  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In answer to the question, no, not scared about it. It’s inevitable, no point in worrying really. I’m not religious, but my belief is you should live your life without being cruel to people, animals, or be in any way, shape, or form, a Jimmy Saville type. Or a crook who scams OAPs, or anything like that. I do my best, so what will be will be. I’ve read stories about folk who were drowning, thrashing around in the water, desperate, scared… and when they were about to ‘go down for the third time’ they completely let go, and never felt more at peace… but rescuers pulled them from the water and they made it. Have also read about folk in hospital nearly slipping away, and also feeling that same sense of peace, but the docs’ pulled them through.

Might be bullshit, but if it’s true, that’ll do for me. Doesn’t sound scary… and I’m holding onto that belief. Now, back to the Masked Singer and a much-needed beer after being snarled up in feckin’ Sevco traffic on the M8. ☺️

No one gets out of here alive. That’s the only thing I can guarantee.

I’m focused making sure the bit in the middle is as much ducking fun as I can make it. Be a right pisser to be lying on the bed (or worse, stuck in a home somewhere) annoyed with yourself that you passed up whatever opportunity you didn’t quite fancy at the time. 

That said, I worry for whoever I leave behind….but, meh, they’ll manage. We all did…

Personally more scared of being incapacitated or unable to do anything for myself. As long as I am fit and able then I am ok with being alive, the minute I can''t have a half decent quality of life without relying on others I hope to be struck down and gone.

I used to think about it- perhaps that's part of being young and depressed. But since getting older and experiencing my old man dying I've sort of put it to the back of my mind. Anyway I don't really feel my age most days.

I can relate to that episode of the Simpsons where Homer thinks he's going to die and wakes up in the morning unharmed and vows to not to waste each day from then on. The closing titles show Homer lying on the couch watching televised ten pin bowling. My life is like this 

I can't remember if it was Spike Milligan or Woody Allen who said "I don't fear death, I just don't want to be there when it happens"

Weird one for me, I wouldn’t say I’m worried but I don’t want to be on my deathbed and regret not doing things. 

Would hate to live so long that I can’t do things for myself. Went to visit my gran in a care home and one of the residents sitting across from her was 104. Her life consisted of getting woke up - dressed - carried to a chair - fed 3 times a day - carried back to bed - quick wash and off to sleep. Repeat til she croaks it, at that point I think I’d embrace death rather than live life like that. 

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Weird one for me, I wouldn’t say I’m worried but I don’t want to be on my deathbed and regret not doing things. 

Would hate to live so long that I can’t do things for myself. Went to visit my gran in a care home and one of the residents sitting across from her was 104. Her life consisted of getting woke up - dressed - carried to a chair - fed 3 times a day - carried back to bed - quick wash and off to sleep. Repeat til she croaks it, at that point I think I’d embrace death rather than live life like that. 

I'm a lazy b*****d so that sounds a great life

I have enjoyed almost every day of my life but as I am getting older I know that the possibilities of enjoying good times are diminishing rapidly. I now have no real fear of death anymore and I am quite prepared to embrace my fate.

13 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I am more worried about the people i leave behind,my grandson only has myself and my wife in his in his life as both his mother and father don't want to know him.I am 54 next month and he is only 7.

Sounds like they will have plenty time to regret that decision once he is an adult and it is him who doesn't want to know them.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah, nothing like that. You're not getting me at all.

I mean I can't grasp the total nothingness of it. I cannot comprehend nothing forever. I just can't wrap my mind around it. I'm struggling to explain it, but never existing ever again messes with my head.

I know exactly what you're meaning. I sometimes think about that nothingness but then get to a point and need to snap out of it as it freaks me out :lol: