Warriors vs Sons

Outcome?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/02/23 at 15:00

Can really complain about sharing the points there. We were never really in control of the game and despite Stenny not really looking like scoring, we left the door wide open for a late flurry of attacks. 

Hopefully todays poor performance / poor result combo is enough motivation for Faz to shuffle the pack a little bit next week. I’d like to see big Rusty, Finlay Gray and maybe even Declan Byrne, depending on his fitness.

16 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I can't wait for the open top bus parade here tomorrow that surely follows the massive goal celebrations..........for securing a 1-1 draw.

Would you like some chips with your salt young man?

Lovely stuff.

I'm going to be really interested to see Ryan Wallace's penalty appeal back. At the time I thought it looked like one, but both managers said it looked like a stonewaller post-match.

We actually played some quite nice stuff at times. And I thought the performance was - over the piece - far better than last week. But we didn't really cope all that well when Stenny made a few subs and went all guns blazing for a goal, and a draw was probably about the right outcome. Fair play to Gary Naysmith for his subs, because they turned the game on its head after we had started the second-half the better side.

We created a few decent openings, but decision making in the final third was poor. Far too often it was a shot when a pass was on, and a pass when a shot was on. 

It's annoying given Stirling Albion dropped points and the goal was Stenhousemuir's only shot on target of the game (and virtually the last kick). But if both us and the Binos had won tonight then I'd be feeling pretty pleased, so no real harm done.

Annan next week will be a huge test of where we are. I fully expect them to end the season in the top four.

29 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I can't wait for the open top bus parade here tomorrow that surely follows the massive goal celebrations..........for securing a 1-1 draw.

Can't blame them celebrating a point against the Sons. Don't mock little Stenny.

I thought we were disappointing today.

Didnt test the Stenny keeper anything like enough. You can argue that we should have had a penalty for the foul on Wallace. You can argue that Stenny were lucky to equalise with the last kick of the ball. But if you don't create and dont test the keeper often enough then you're always liable to fail to see out a 1-0 game. We're not ruthless enough.

30 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm going to be really interested to see Ryan Wallace's penalty appeal back. At the time I thought it looked like one, but both managers said it looked like a stonewaller post-match.

That’s interesting, I was sure he tried to buy one, but I was a long way from the incident.

We are such a frustrating team to watch and it really says something that this is (to this point of the season) the most successful team I’ve seen over a league season and I don’t really like the team at all.

I think Faz made a big mistake by throwing an extra defender on. We’d already lost any sense of control in midfield and hauling off a midfielder for a defender meant we ceded all control of the midfield to Stenny, at which point we suffered wave upon wave of attack.

I thought Stenny probably deserved their point for throwing everything at us in the final 15 minutes. It was doubly frustrating for me as I had an Ally Love/1-0 scorecast and missed out on three points and £360 when Yates scored.

29 minutes ago, GordyBrow said:

I think Faz made a big mistake by throwing an extra defender on. We’d already lost any sense of control in midfield and hauling off a midfielder for a defender meant we ceded all control of the midfield to Stenny, at which point we suffered wave upon wave of attack

Said exact thing to my son. It's like had given up competing in midfield and just accepted the onslaught. We've got away with it a few times but I'd rather we competed further up the pitch.