Warriors vs Sons

Outcome?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/02/23 at 15:00

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I really enjoyed yesterday's game. Although it was low on goalmouth action, it was an absorbing contest between two decent sides and a draw was the fairest outcome. Other than a 10-minute spell at the beginning of each half, I thought Stenhousemuir were the better side, knocking the ball around well and enjoying long spells of possession. albeit without ever threatening.  That's twice I've seen Dumbarton this season and I haven't been particularly impressed by them but they're a big side, a cynical side, and they'll have the know-how to win the title. There are a lot of dislikable players in their ranks but that's all part of the fun, isn't it?

When Peter Grant was brought on, I wondered about the merits of sacrificing control in the middle of the park for an extra defender but, ultimately, if you're not going to pick up your opponent's best attacker inside the penalty box, you're going to be in bother. Matty Yates' goal was one of the best moments of the season (which says a lot about how the campaign's gone so far) and there really does appear to be a good feeling about the club since Gary Naysmith has come in. Neilly's right, it's difficult not to look at the table and feel disappointed because with the money spent on this team, and the quality of the sides around us, we should really be challenging for the title. Instead, we're looking to sneak into the play-off places - it's not ideal but it's doable.

As an aside, I thought the referee was pretty poor. There are a number of questionable calls for both sides but the decision to book Adam Corbett five minutes into the match for fouling Gregg Wylde after a slip baffled me. That's lower-league Scottish football, baby!

I don't have insider knowledge on Stenny's financial situation but I'll wager that it is far healthier than Dumbarton's, because we are seriously skint.  With that in mind it's to Stevie Farrell and his team's great credit that we are so far making a very decent fist of things, bearing in mind the way we exited League One.

If only we had a tenner for every fan of other teams who has come on here this season claiming we are ordinary/shite/lucky/cynical then we'd be laughing 😉

2 hours ago, squeezebox-son said:

Also, why were the celebrations and in particular the players and ball boys so keen to GIRUY to our fans? 😂 We hadn't given any of them a particularly hard time and it seemed a bit excessive the way they acted.

I'm sorry to hear you were upset by the actions of seven-year-old children.

2 hours ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

I wasn’t at the game but was surprised when I saw the attendance was only 400. The stand holds over 600.

We played Livingston in the cup and the stand was full. They brought a fair few on the terrace but the official crowd was given as 900.

Not a chance that crowd was only 400 odd... Dumbarton brought probably about 200 fans

Yates hits it well enough but I'd be expecting Long to save that at the near post especially seeing it from the dugout side. 

Other results have helped in the sense that we're no worse off but to drop points so late on is understandably disappointing 

2 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

Yates hits it well enough but I'd be expecting Long to save that at the near post especially seeing it from the dugout side. 

Other results have helped in the sense that we're no worse off but to drop points so late on is understandably disappointing 

Yeah it definitely went through Long. It was well hit but he probably could have done better. Considering the amount of defenders we had on the park, we didn't cover ourselves in glory with regards to the marking.

10 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

As an aside, I thought the referee was pretty poor. There are a number of questionable calls for both sides but the decision to book Adam Corbett five minutes into the match for fouling Gregg Wylde after a slip baffled me. That's lower-league Scottish football, baby!

Iv not seen the decision however You do know just because he slips doesn't mean he can't be booked or sent off? 

10 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

You've answered your own question here, hombre. Maybe pipe down while the grown-ups are talking?

Way too harsh. It is clear that he was reminding us of the laws of the game in general, not that particular incident but you couldn't wait to get a snidey comment in.

Edited by Sons FC

27 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

Way too harsh. It is clear that he was reminding us of the laws of the game in general, not that particular incident but you couldn't wait to get a snidey comment in.

Another chump who didn't actually attend the match but has plenty to say about it!

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Another chump who didn't actually attend the match but has plenty to say about it!

Why do you feel the need to insult people?

Edited by Sons FC

The Dumbarton lads on here are generally some of the best about but the whining, snowflake element that has popped up since Saturday has been a little embarrassing.

I can't imagine the tears and snotters if they bottle the league title.

Edited by Neilly

20 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

You've answered your own question here, hombre. Maybe pipe down while the grown-ups are talking?

The laws of the game don't change regardless of whether you attend a match or not so i was merely stating a fact.

You sir clearly have no understanding of the laws of the game, my apologies for trying to educate you slightly on them. Long may you continue to attend matches like a super fan which I am clearly not, and continue to falsely feel aggrieved by refereeing decisions that were correct but because of your ignorance you don't understand. 

I dont think myself, or any other sons fan has made any insulting or disrespectful comment towards you but you feel the need to just insult us for no apparent reason. 

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

Long may you continue to attend matches like a super fan which I am clearly not, and continue to falsely feel aggrieved by refereeing decisions that were correct but because of your ignorance you don't understand. 

Can I point out that Adam Corbett's booking in the early stages looked like a terrible error from the referee, in that the Sons' player (was it Orsi?) slipped and the referee appeared to mistake that for a bookable foul. It was a bad enough blunder from Curran to give a foul, compounded by the booking which restricted Corbett's play for the next 80+ minutes.