£31 v £30 Rangers v St Johnstone

Just watched the highlights on iplayer. St Johnstone have every right to be aggrieved. The handball rule is a total lottery, I've no idea what the defender can do there. I would bet my last fiver that wouldn't have been given at the other end.

Clark's red is a yellow at most, in fact I'd be a bit miffed if a St Mirren player got booked for something as innocuous. And Jack's is a red card all day. I cannot understand for a minute how Collum looks at one and not the other, and gets them both wrong. Baffling.

5 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Just watched the highlights on iplayer. St Johnstone have every right to be aggrieved. The handball rule is a total lottery, I've no idea what the defender can do there. I would bet my last fiver that wouldn't have been given at the other end.

Clark's red is a yellow at most, in fact I'd be a bit miffed if a St Mirren player got booked for something as innocuous. And Jack's is a red card all day. I cannot understand for a minute how Collum looks at one and not the other, and gets them both wrong. Baffling.

Come on, you aren't really baffled, are you?

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The refereeing in this game absolutely stank. I’m not a conspiracy theorist But this absolutely stank. 

You're surely not suggesting that officials were cheating?

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Can’t have a Sevco getting sent off on Armed Forces Day lads.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On a side note. I'm absolutely fed up of Saints being away to Rangers when they have their "Armed forces day"

Wasn't there today but it's been 3 or 4 times in recent years it's been the case. 

Aside from the utterly cringe Tina Turner clapathon to welcome the players to the field for all games at Ibrox the addition of a rendition of "Rule Britannia" while soldiers zip lined from the roof of the stand is next level horrific. 

Then there's a weird inquest from Rangers fans why the fans of other teams don't attend. Oh I wonder why?

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

I genuinely don’t think either were a red card. I think folk are getting carried away with the injustice of Clark wrongly being sent off and using that as the barometer for Jack to be sent off when neither were reds, IMO.

1 hour ago, Steve McQueen said:

Think it's worth so he can play against Motherwell midweek & if lost its only Celtic he misses.

Depends how quickly they do the review, think Holt got to play in our next game while we appealed his, but Pittman's was done within a day of us putting in an appeal. 

Pittman's was midweek right enough, maybe they get fast tracked and the ones over the weekend take longer with club's having till Tues? to appeal a decision.

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

I genuinely don’t think either were a red card. I think folk are getting carried away with the injustice of Clark wrongly being sent off and using that as the barometer for Jack to be sent off when neither were reds, IMO.

Jack's is a red card. No question. 

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

Jack's is a red card. No question. 

I’m not so sure. It’s definitely in the “I’ve seen them given” category, but not quite enough to be a red in my opinion. He catches his boot. If it was a tad higher I’d say absolutely. Granted, he did go in with a lot of pace, just got beaten to the ball by a split second.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I’m not so sure. It’s definitely in the “I’ve seen them given” category, but not quite enough to be a red in my opinion. He catches his boot. If it was a tad higher I’d say absolutely. Granted, he did go in with a lot of pace, just got beaten to the ball by a split second.

Its a red all day long. 

Collum, Beaton etc need to go. Time for the Finnish refs to come back over.