£31 v £30 Rangers v St Johnstone

Just watched the highlights there.

Never a red for Clark. Its not a lunge or any significant follow through after clearly winning the ball. If anything Jack is the one out of control as he flys into a tackle he never has a chance of winning. Genuinely dont even think it should have been a foul.

Speaking of Jack, in isolation I think his tackle was a yellow. However, coming so quickly after the "foul" against him and he was clearly still raging, its retribution so could easily have been red. Id prob say yellow, but with the caveat he'd be off for his next foul.

Penalty is harsh as f**k. We need a rule that just gives the attacking team a corner if the ball hits someones hand like that but there isnt any real advantage. Or, you know, just play the f**k on.

St Johnstone have lodged an appeal against the red card shown to Nicky Clark in Saturday's 2-0 defeat at Rangers.

The forward was dismissed after 37 minutes following a challenge on Ryan Jack, with a VAR check confirming serious foul play.

"I just can't get it, I don't understand it," said Saints manager Callum Davidson after the match.

"A really big decision, I don't think it was a red card."

Soon after the sending off, referee Willie Collum stuck with his decision to give Jack a yellow card for a late tackle on Adam Montgomery after checking the pitchside monitor.

Davidson, who was also upset by the award of a penalty for handball, said of the red card: "He was getting fouled originally, he has lost his balance a little bit as he has gone to ground. Ryan Jack has come in to him at force, not the other way round

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

St Johnstone have lodged an appeal against the red card shown to Nicky Clark in Saturday's 2-0 defeat at Rangers.

The forward was dismissed after 37 minutes following a challenge on Ryan Jack, with a VAR check confirming serious foul play.

"I just can't get it, I don't understand it," said Saints manager Callum Davidson after the match.

"A really big decision, I don't think it was a red card."

Soon after the sending off, referee Willie Collum stuck with his decision to give Jack a yellow card for a late tackle on Adam Montgomery after checking the pitchside monitor.

Davidson, who was also upset by the award of a penalty for handball, said of the red card: "He was getting fouled originally, he has lost his balance a little bit as he has gone to ground. Ryan Jack has come in to him at force, not the other way round

St Johnstone have Celtic in a couple of games, so there goes that appeal.