£31 v £30 Rangers v St Johnstone

8 hours ago, AJF said:

I’m not so sure. It’s definitely in the “I’ve seen them given” category, but not quite enough to be a red in my opinion. He catches his boot. If it was a tad higher I’d say absolutely. Granted, he did go in with a lot of pace, just got beaten to the ball by a split second.

It was a retribution foul.

9 hours ago, AJF said:

I genuinely don’t think either were a red card. I think folk are getting carried away with the injustice of Clark wrongly being sent off and using that as the barometer for Jack to be sent off when neither were reds, IMO.

It’s quite clearly a red but even if we’re charitable and say it’s debatable, The use of our wonderful new refereeing technology in the case of both is dubious at best. 

ETA - jacks was clearly red*

Edited by Dons_1988

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s quite clearly a red but even if we’re charitable and say it’s debatable, The use of our wonderful new refereeing technology in the case of both is dubious at best. 

ETA - jacks was clearly red*

Agreed, it was completely inconsistent. It was always going to be a farce which is why I wanted it us to get it so far to f**k.

9 hours ago, AJF said:

I’m not so sure. It’s definitely in the “I’ve seen them given” category, but not quite enough to be a red in my opinion. He catches his boot. If it was a tad higher I’d say absolutely. Granted, he did go in with a lot of pace, just got beaten to the ball by a split second.

He's went in too fast, uncontrolled, late and straight leg with his studs showing, what about that challenge is not a red card to you?

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:

He's went in too fast, uncontrolled, late and straight leg with his studs showing, what about that challenge is not a red card to you?

I think the uncontrolled bit for starters. When he makes contact he is grounded with his other leg underneath him so he wasn’t off the ground.

Then the contact was at ground level on his boot. I think if it was higher then it would be a stick on.

I’m not saying it’s definitely not a red, and the speed and sole making contact with the player brings it into that ball park.

I just feel that if the Clark sending off was correctly officiated then nobody would really be making too much of a fuss about Jack getting a yellow.

Again though, not saying definitely not a red and for me could go either way, just not enough for it to be a stick on red, IMO.

21 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It was a retribution foul.

It was, aye. Saying that though, I think it was one of those where he wanted to take both ball and player as he was beaten to the ball by a split second.

You can, just about, see why they didnt think it was right to "overturn" Collums decision it was a yellow. Collum had a long look presumably because theyd suggest he'd be better seeing it at a different angle.

The fact it comes a minute or so after they decided to change no decision to Clark to a straight red, without Collum having to review it, makes it a shocking decision which clearly and coherently explains why "diddy" fans believe Rangers/Celtic are refereed differently.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You can, just about, see why they didnt think it was right to "overturn" Collums decision it was a yellow. Collum had a long look presumably because theyd suggest he'd be better seeing it at a different angle.

The fact it comes a minute or so after they decided to change no decision to Clark to a straight red, without Collum having to review it, makes it a shocking decision which clearly and coherently explains why "diddy" fans believe Rangers/Celtic are refereed differently.

The ref tells the VAR ref what he saw and if VAR confirms it's what happened then there's no need to review it.

For what its worth, I think Collum thought Clark's tackle was a red card and asked VAR to confirm, which they obviously did. Same with Jack's tackle, VAR thought it was a red card but clown Collum didn't. Both were poor refereeing decisions. Collum is a dreadful referee and given that Nick Walsh was the VAR ref, not exactly a winning combination of good referees. 

24 minutes ago, bennett said:

The ref tells the VAR ref what he saw and if VAR confirms it's what happened then there's no need to review it.

That’s virtually the opposite of what actually happened with the Saints red.

1 hour ago, Huisdean50 said:

For what its worth, I think Collum thought Clark's tackle was a red card and asked VAR to confirm, which they obviously did. Same with Jack's tackle, VAR thought it was a red card but clown Collum didn't. Both were poor refereeing decisions. Collum is a dreadful referee and given that Nick Walsh was the VAR ref, not exactly a winning combination of good referees. 

One referee throwing another referee under the bus,there is no doubt Collum gets more bigger games and Walsh wants to take his place.
This is why the ref on the park has the cards in his pocket making the final decision.

11 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

On a side note. I'm absolutely fed up of Saints being away to Rangers when they have their "Armed forces day"

Wasn't there today but it's been 3 or 4 times in recent years it's been the case. 

Aside from the utterly cringe Tina Turner clapathon to welcome the players to the field for all games at Ibrox the addition of a rendition of "Rule Britannia" while soldiers zip lined from the roof of the stand is next level horrific. 

Then there's a weird inquest from Rangers fans why the fans of other teams don't attend. Oh I wonder why?

We were there years ago (think it was old Rangers) on what I think was one of the first armed forces days. As the soldiers and sailors did their wee walk round, they got to the corner where the Dons fans were, we politely applauded them, thanking them for their service, to be met with the finger and w****r signs from them. 

It's just yet another very surreal thing about Rangers and their fans. 

26 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

We were there years ago (think it was old Rangers) on what I think was one of the first armed forces days. As the soldiers and sailors did their wee walk round, they got to the corner where the Dons fans were, we politely applauded them, thanking them for their service, to be met with the finger and w****r signs from them. 

It's just yet another very surreal thing about Rangers and their fans. 

Just you worry about not getting relegated.

Willie Collum proving that he cares more about not admitting to a mistake than he does about the actual rules of the game. Anyone who thinks the Clark red was a good decision but the Jack one was a yellow has no business being on a football pitch.

2 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Willie Collum proving that he cares more about not admitting to a mistake than he does about the actual rules of the game. Anyone who thinks the Clark red was a good decision but the Jack one was a yellow has no business being on a football pitch.

Collum has made more high profile refereeing errors than any other referee yet the SFA still obviously rate him as a referee. Astonishing really but this just shows how, even with VAR how poor our refs are.