Sons vs Rose

What's the outcome?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What's the outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/01/23 at 15:00

9 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

He had a bit of skill and technical ability with the ball at his feet but apart from that he was absolutely hopeless. When I first saw him naturally you think his height is going to cause a problem. Fairly certain straight from kick off they put a high ball out to him and McNiff won it easily, kinda set the tone after that. 

Just as a side note, when McNiff hit that shot I briefly thought I was about to witness one of the best strikes I've seen from a Dumbarton player. It was probably miles wide based on where it hit the fence but we can dream

It was a cracking hit, but from the concourse where I was standing with my daughter, it looked miles wide.

As a side note, and I said this to you during the match, the Rose keeper looked awful. He couldn't even kick the ball out.

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

It was a cracking hit, but from the concourse where I was standing with my daughter, it looked miles wide.

As a side note, and I said this to you during the match, the Rose keeper looked awful. He couldn't even kick the ball out.

Now, if we played with 2 up top, which I think would get more out of guys like Love or Wallace, we'd probably have tested said keeper more. BUT the formation we play has us top and we've been top (mostly) all season, so maybe I'm an eejit. But it's still something I'd like to see.

33 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

No word of a lie, Clarko_son said to me in the car after the game that the Rose forward reminded him of Robert Jones, in an unflattering comparison. Jones being the benchmark for tall, useless forwards.

A few times they chipped in reasonable crosses, and he just looked like he had no desire to attack them at all. Which was a Robert Jones trait I had pointed out to me by an ex-player on the first game of last season. And haven't been able to stop noticing since.

I mentioned it earlier, but the Rose fans going mental at the ref at the end seemed odd to me. There are a few comments on their Facebook talking about his performance being the reason they lost too.

I thought he was absolutely fine. And certainly had no impact at all on the scoreline. Did I miss something?

51 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

A few times they chipped in reasonable crosses, and he just looked like he had no desire to attack them at all. Which was a Robert Jones trait I had pointed out to me by an ex-player on the first game of last season. And haven't been able to stop noticing since.

I mentioned it earlier, but the Rose fans going mental at the ref at the end seemed odd to me. There are a few comments on their Facebook talking about his performance being the reason they lost too.

I thought he was absolutely fine. And certainly had no impact at all on the scoreline. Did I miss something?

Ref was fine. Could have booked a Rose player for a late tackle on Lynas but gave him a lecture instead.

Some aul dafty behind me was raging that "every Rose throw was a foul". I think it's always best to assume football fans are utter morons.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Correct.

All the Rose fans I've ever spoken with have been fine, and yesterday's visitors included Jimmy 'Titch' Veitch who played 96 times for the Sons in the mid-1960's scoring 21 goals - a grand record for midfielder.  Now aged 80, Jimmy retains his love for the game and it was great to see him and reminisce about that time and that team. 

Bonnyrigg being loyal to the squad that got them up in the summer has back fired. The squad needed freshened up, I think they have under estimated the step up from the lowland league. 

I hope they do stay up however, a club who are trying to make improvements off the pitch and not being bankrolled by a sugar daddy.