Sons vs Rose

What's the outcome?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What's the outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/01/23 at 15:00

Declan Byrne could be back tomorrow and Joe McKee will have a fitness test. The pitch has been verti-drained and they don't anticipate any problems with the forecast being favourable. https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/back-to-the-league-against-bonnyrigg/

Eta Hadn't seen the above post. Temps are due to rise so hopefully there'll be time for the pitch to thaw.

Edited by microdave

43 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Why would I be feeling more confident about this if Bonnyrigg had won their last two games 4-0 than I am when they've lost them 4-0? :lol:

Because you support Dumbarton and negativity is hard wired into all of us.

2 hours ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

Anyone any idea about the condition of the pitch. Saw the photo above wondering if anyone knows how it is now 

I've just flown over it in my microlight and it's gone. Where the pitch was previously is now just a void. A black hole of nothingness, sucking in all light and hope. Like a marriage.

Anyway, 3 points the morra.

Well it’s another trip along the M8 to the Rock of Dumbarton today. Will be interesting to see what the team selection is today after all the new signings this month. Simple we have to score goals and stop giving away cheap goals at the other end. We had the majority of possession last Saturday but created very few chances. One point would be a great result for us today.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Good luck to big Alieu today. I think he's a deceptive player in that I'm not quite sure he's good enough for L2 but having seen him as an Edinburgh City trialist I wasn't sure he was a Lowland League player and he's done really well with Strollers since then 

With such an eye for a player I should be a shoo in for the Hibs/Aberdeen job .. :rolleyes:

Just now, squeezebox-son said:

Unsurprisingly we are unchanged. Although I'd like to see Rusty leading the line with Wallace in and around him at some point.

Screenshot_20230128_141924.jpg

Think it'll be interesting if we see that today at some point as on paper should work really well.

*I'm aware by saying this it'll be absolutely atrocious and make both players worse

25 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Think it'll be interesting if we see that today at some point as on paper should work really well.

*I'm aware by saying this it'll be absolutely atrocious and make both players worse

Yep, on paper Wallace should be a brilliant strike partner at this level. Even last week vs Premiership opposition, his footballing brain and experience caused problems. The issue we have is that he often drops deeper to show that and we don't always have players beyond him as he's the lone striker.