Clyde v Dunfermline

26 minutes ago, 101 said:

Going to a back 4 would have surely made more sense

Yeah. Half time subs played well. But midfield was horrific without Chalmers and corners were completely useless. Think we could have done with Todorov on earlier too, he’d have been attacking the balls into the box early in the 2nd half, where McCann and Wighton were stood next to each other, watching defenders easily clear them.

6 months ago, who’d have thought we’d look lost in midfield because we didn’t have Chalmers on the park? 😂

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Tad early for that, but we should be concerned.

Fucking settle down. Falkirk will draw plenty and we will win plenty. It’s piss poor though yet again dropping points to the team rock bottom. 

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Fucking settle down. Falkirk will draw plenty and we will win plenty. It’s piss poor though yet again dropping points to the team rock bottom. 

Nah, the gap is now 5 points and we have to play them twice, as well as many other games. They're on a good run at the moment and show no signs of doing things like dropping points to the bottom team.

Of course there is cause for concern. That cause may turn out to be nothing and we could be fine, but it may also be the opposite.

The players and manager absolutely should be concerned, and hopefully that drives them on to eliminate any potential complacency and get the job done.

Edited by DA Baracus

That was poor today. Clyde goal was a bit of a scrap off the back of a set piece but in complete honesty we should have equalised instantly then had three more great chances before Edwards finally equalised. I’m convinced Bene and Breen had themselves on for an own goal today, they kept smashing the ball back to Deniz who then made a right f**k up with a couple of clearences, subsequently his confidence then plummeted. Every touch was out of control, every pass overran. Not one of them getting pass marks but I’m surprised he took Mochrie off, I think had he been on in the second half he’d have done much better as we were miles better as a team, far more composed.

Second half was much better, had enough chances to win three games but took none of them. We’ll all drop points between now and May, so let’s just hope we’ve got ours out the way and go on another run. I hope this result just freshens something in McPake/boards minds that there is actually room for improvement and there probably is realistic singings that could be made that would add quality to the current squad. McCann was a handful when he came on but just like the running theme, final ball or end product is absolutely w**k. Matty Todd and Edwards ran themselves into the ground. 

Two points dropped against Peterhead, four dropped to Clyde just isn’t good enough. The Montrose defeat is fine, it was always going to happen, but the results against the bottom two have been brutal and in reality could cost us top spot.

Bring on Montrose at home next Saturday, chance to put it right, hopefully a new face or two. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

Does anyone seriously think that the club/McPake haven't been trying to get signings in already?

We're a League 1 club, so we're just above the bottom in terms of when deals are done given we're waiting on clubs above us doing business and the subsequent cascade down effect.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Does anyone seriously think that the club/McPake haven't been trying to get signings in already?

We're a League 1 club, so we're just above the bottom in terms of when deals are done given we're waiting on clubs above us doing business and the subsequent cascade down effect.

Course they have, but a result like this just magnifies the need for recruits. Goal scoring is a massive issue, so wasteful in the final third. The four strikers will score less than combined this season than El Bak scored on his own the last time we won this league in 2016. We know McPake and the board are trying to make signings and that they “have to be the right ones” but one thing for certain is we need fresh faces in for the remainder of the campaign or we’ll chuck this.

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

Course they have, but a result like this just magnifies the need for recruits. Goal scoring is a massive issue, so wasteful in the final third. The four strikers will score less than combined this season than El Bak scored on his own the last time we won this league in 2016. We know McPake and the board are trying to make signings and that they “have to be the right ones” but one thing for certain is we need fresh faces in for the remainder of the campaign or we’ll chuck this.

I think the four strikers are on about 17 goals so far, which must be close to what El Bak got. But I do agree they miss far too many chances. It's so frustrating.

In fact, were it possible, I'd punt them all except Wighton for next season.

3 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Wonder if the Nisbet deal falling through has had an impact on Dunfermline thought they could bring in. 

I wouldn’t think so. Nisbet’s purple patch has only been the last month so we weren’t depending on that, for all we knew he could have came back half the player he was, just turns out he’s went on a complete goal scoring spree. FWIW I think he’ll be away from Easter Road before Wednesday. Todays goal and 6- 0 thrashing of Aberdeen makes it look like he wants stay but clubs know the asking price and I’m sure there’ll be bids in the coming days.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I think the four strikers are on about 17 goals so far, which must be close to what El Bak got. But I do agree they miss far too many chances. It's so frustrating.

I think the 4 strikers have 30 goals between them.

Wighton 10

Todorov 9

McCann 9

O'Hara 2

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

He got 22 in the league, 30 all in with cup competitions. That’s one guy, we also had Moffat, Cardle, Geggan, Wallace popping up with goals. There isn’t enough goals in this team and it’ll need to be addressed and fairly quickly too. Trying their best to make signings that’ll strengthen the team, well try harder. Since the Germans came in it’s been two failed managers, a relegation and very little about a training academy. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

35 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

He got 22 in the league, 30 all in with cup competitions. That’s one guy, we also had Moffat, Cardle, Geggan, Wallace popping up with goals. There isn’t enough goals in this team and it’ll need to be addressed and fairly quickly too. Trying their best to make signings that’ll strengthen the team, well try harder. Since the Germans came in it’s been two failed managers, a relegation and very little about a training academy. 

How does someone 'try harder' to sign players?

28 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

How does someone 'try harder' to sign players?

Maybe it’s not try harder but being less fussy. He keeps going on about only signing if they’ll add quality, you’re not telling me there’s not players we could be looking at who aren’t better than what we already have, we might be top of the league but anyone who’s watched us this season will say we’re not exactly great to watch.

Just now, The Toun Clock said:

Maybe it’s not try harder but being less fussy. He keeps going on about only signing if they’ll add quality, you’re not telling me there’s not players we could be looking at who aren’t better than what we already have, we might be top of the league but anyone who’s watched us this season will say we’re not exactly great to watch.

Maybe the club have made multiple offers already that have been turned down? We don't know what they've done, but I don't believe they're sitting around doing little.