Their Brains Have Turned To Porridge!

I’m not saying Peterson is terrific or anything. It’s a fact that he was a respected academic, his work was widely cited and seen as valuable. He was a professor at Harvard. This is all before he became well known and, as far as I know, not much of his research was about the culture-war/discourse stuff that he’s known for now. Now he’s posting videos of wanking machines. 

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I’m not saying Peterson is terrific or anything. It’s a fact that he was a respected academic, his work was widely cited and seen as valuable. He was a professor at Harvard. This is all before he became well known and, as far as I know, not much of his research was about the culture-war/discourse stuff that he’s known for now. Now he’s posting videos of wanking machines. 

I suspect some academics were scared to admit they couldn't make sense of his gobbledygook in case he turned out to be the new Carl Jung or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw Scott Adams getting mentions a few pages back. A while ago, I picked up an old Dilbert book from a charity shop, and it had a random epilogue from Adams about how he got wealthy by writing "I want to be rich" down on a piece of paper ten times, and eventually he tricked the multiverse into believing he was a wealthy Scott Adams from another timeline. I believe it's called "Cosmic Ordering".

He's been a credulous loon for decades, and one filled with hate too, judging by those AOL screen names.

Edit: Cosmic Ordering makes an appearance in an episode of the IT Crowd. Linehan didn't seem to be a fan then, but presumably he's hoping that if he tweets enough about trans people it'll all come true.

Edited by BTFD

Noel Edmonds was a proponent of Cosmic Ordering as well.

RFK Jr is a strange man.  It must be strange coming from a dynasty like his, it would be impossible not to feel pressure to be successful, make your mark etc.  You can almost see how that could mix with the self-confidence of a ultra-priveledged upper class upbringing and produce someone who would take positions like he does.  Of course, his life history features pretty significant trauma - can't be easy losing your father at 14 let alone in the way he did.  His recent private life has a lot of sadness in it as well, you can see an uptick in his unhingedness around the time of some of it.  Not to make excuses for him but you can kind of see the mechanism.

Edited by ICTChris

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

You really need to watch some Curb. That there is Cheryl Hines.

giphy.gif

They both look like they're pretending to be human in the picture I posted.

3 hours ago, BTFD said:

The BBC decided to illustrate RFK Jr's run with this picture.

I don't know why, but they look terrifying to me.

_129288896_gettyimages-909701538.jpg.web

They’ve just received the most recent plastic surgeon’s invoice.