Their Brains Have Turned To Porridge!

25 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Take it this is a pop at me so I'll bite.

Was right wing before Steven ever mentioned it, sorry we can't all be 'left wing'.

Thank you.

“Actually, I think you’ll find I’ve always been a c**t” is a bold defence - fair play. 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

The Coast guy. Totally forgotten his name as I've made every effort to forget he exists. Last I was aware he would pop up on GB News screaming about freedoms and railing against COVID safety measures which I know were controversial and divisive but he seemed to think it was some kind of Government plot to control our minds or some guff.

ETA: Neil Oliver!

The absolute state of him these days.

273728.jpg.ad489b5380093f7964a3985850197c07.jpg

He could have had a cushy gig on the BBC for life, but he is one of the many public figures who lost their mind during the first indy referendum.

I only ever hear about what most of these fannies come out with second hand from people who’ve read their twitterings or who have for some reason watched GB news. 

Before social media or cable you could have found similar twats by reading the daily mail or the sun.  

I think the main difference is that people hardly ever read the Mail just to find something objectionable to share with their mates.

These dicks love the attention. Don’t give them it.

On 26/01/2023 at 06:03, velo army said:

I appreciate the idea of the thread, but this bit in bold, being unable to separate the art from the artist is the calling card of a moron. I know you're not exaggerating though and I know people who don't listen to certain bands they loved because of the political opinions of the singer. Even worse are the folk who defend Lewis Capaldi's "music" because he's apparently a sound and funny fella. Baffling.

Anyhow, Steven Seagal, before social media and YouTube, was just a cool guy who did corny martial arts movies. Perhaps he was always a fruitloop and we just didn't know.

The Steven Segal behind the b*****ds episode was excellent. An utterly obscene guy.

Really interesting thread, I hadn't really heard of most of these guys but it's definitely a character defect to let fame go to your head and descend into conspiratorial nonsense. They exist in all walks of life, so it certainly isn't just famous people, but because they are more likely to influence others they should be called out publicly on it.

Still, anyone expressing any opinion is bound to upset someone. It's important to distinguish between having genuine political views you disagree Vs pursuing something that is so obviously harmful to society. Not all Tories are b*****ds, pretty much all anti vaxxeers are. I'd hate to think republicans aren't watching the excellent Ken Burns documentaries because he happens to be a donor to the democrat party.

18 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

I guess that's' what eating all that Shredded Wheat does to one's cock.

Your results are back, Mr Botham. There's bad news and good news.

Your body is bloated; with the exception of your cock, which is totally shredded.

21 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

He always was.

A corrupt Labour Councillor back in the day and now both him and Spence heading in the same direction.

"we're from Kirkton/Lochee so we know hardship/are working class"

Shite, pair of grifters though George has easily won as top grifter.

Would I be correct in saying that both are also products of early years religious indoctrination which 'informs' their views ?

49 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Would I be correct in saying that both are also products of early years religious indoctrination which 'informs' their views ?

No you wouldn't.

George Galloway likes to pretend he was brought up in a version of Lochee akin to Free Derry.

He was brought up the son of a professional family in, at the time, would have been new desirable council housing. I've no idea what Church he did or didn't attend but we went to non- denominational Charleston Primary and Harris Academy when there was plenty alternative denominational schooling around.

He's a Tammany Hall politician happy to play to the gallery up to any community where he thinks he can get votes.

14 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

No you wouldn't.

George Galloway likes to pretend he was brought up in a version of Lochee akin to Free Derry.

He was brought up the son of a professional family in, at the time, would have been new desirable council housing. I've no idea what Church he did or didn't attend but we went to non- denominational Charleston Primary and Harris Academy when there was plenty alternative denominational schooling around.

He's a Tammany Hall politician happy to play to the gallery up to any community where he thinks he can get votes.

Fair enough, he's certainly done that through here.

On 26/01/2023 at 21:25, invergowrie arab said:

I think Morissey probably comes under the "always was a c**t" bracket but just more forthright in his views now.

The saddest thing would be a grown man copying him in being more outspokenly right wing because they are a fan.

I’m not a big fan of the taliban or Islamic state but in their defence none of them seem to be fans of the Smiths so they can’t be all bad

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I’m not a big fan of the taliban or Islamic state but in their defence none of them seem to be fans of the Smiths so they can’t be all bad

Their nasheed cover version of "Girlfriend in a Burkha" is a banger, though.

Matt Le Tissier’s Wikipedia page makes for particularly grim reading. In the last three years he has amongst others refused to wear a Black Lives Matter badge and criticised taking the knee, fallen down a complete Covid-conspiracy rabbit hole and compared wearing a mask to the Holocaust, claimed that the media was lying about the Bucha Massacre and questioned whether Christian Eriksen collapsed as a result of the Covid vaccine. It later turned out that Eriksen was not vaccinated. 

He was a well liked figure for years, was a pundit on Sky Sports until 2020 and an ambassador for Southampton but seems to have thrown it all away after completely going off the edge during the pandemic. 

Edited by Highland Capital

On 27/01/2023 at 10:20, coprolite said:

I only ever hear about what most of these fannies come out with second hand from people who’ve read their twitterings or who have for some reason watched GB news. 

Before social media or cable you could have found similar twats by reading the daily mail or the sun.  

I think the main difference is that people hardly ever read the Mail just to find something objectionable to share with their mates.

These dicks love the attention. Don’t give them it.

"... Every day, something for the haters..".

Former Daily Mail editor, Paul Dacre

Even those that didn’t agree with Alex Salmond seemed to concede, when he was at the height of his powers, that he was a crafty and cunning opponent and to SNP supporters he seemed to be genuinely statesmanlike.

whether you agreed with him or not, he was a serious figure

Once he retired however his head headed straight into bampot territory 

His transition to full moon howler probably won’t be officially sealed in the conventional manner, by getting a job with GB News, but he has worked for Russia Today which amounts to the same thing for the purposes of this thread 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

On 27/01/2023 at 08:36, RiG said:

The Coast guy. Totally forgotten his name as I've made every effort to forget he exists. Last I was aware he would pop up on GB News screaming about freedoms and railing against COVID safety measures which I know were controversial and divisive but he seemed to think it was some kind of Government plot to control our minds or some guff.

ETA: Neil Oliver!

His videos pop up on YouTube all the time. The titles are always “they are coming for your families, and the catastrophe is upon us” type nonsense. I have literally no idea who or what he’s on about. It could be real sophisticated dog whistles but…. It’s on GB News too so I doubt it.