Their Brains Have Turned To Porridge!

Ian Botham. Brilliant cricketer of his generation, loved a quaff and a smoke ... ardent brexiteer and Boris Johnson's trade envoy to Australia (because he's obviously well qualified for that role). According to Wiki, he also came out with the line: 

"Personally, I think that England is an island. I think that England should be England. And I think that we should keep that." 

There are some challenges attached to that line about England but I'll assume he sees Scotland as a chattel. He can get fucked. 

9 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I think your point more explains those who go the other way, like Brand, but to him in particular I'd attribute a greater sense of either cynicism or thickness. I guess as we said in the twitter thread there is ultimately an audience for anything. 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Russell Brand sprang to mind as he was knee-deep in conspiracy nonsense the last time I happened across him, but he's had a pretty weird life hasn't he? I'd probably go off the rails as well if I was married to Katy Perry and fucked it up tbh. 

The example that I always go to is Maajid Nawaz. He’s gone from Islamic fundamentalist to Western secularist to Liberal Democrat to a Stop The Steal Covid conspiracist. The chances are he’ll just believe any old shite that sounds “truthy” to him at that moment.

It’s the same with Brand. I remember seeing that he’d been interviewing Jordan Peterson and thinking “this is inevitable”, he’s going to go down this road. He’s embraced drugs, sex, woo-woo religion, conspiracies, yoga, jiu jitsu, politics and god knows what else.  

23 hours ago, velo army said:

Anyhow, Steven Seagal, before social media and YouTube, was just a cool guy who did corny martial arts movies. Perhaps he was always a fruitloop and we just didn't know.

Steven Seagal has been a cùnt for a long time.

I remember John Leguizamo going on about him on Soccer AM a few years back, and he often tells the same story. First interview on the vid is that story.

Never cool.

14 minutes ago, HTG said:

Ian Botham. Brilliant cricketer of his generation, loved a quaff and a smoke ... ardent brexiteer and Boris Johnson's trade envoy to Australia (because he's obviously well qualified for that role). According to Wiki, he also came out with the line: 

"Personally, I think that England is an island. I think that England should be England. And I think that we should keep that." 

There are some challenges attached to that line about England but I'll assume he sees Scotland as a chattel. He can get fucked. 

He also tweeted a photograph of his penis, which looked just horrible. I am no aficionado of penises but it almost looked diseased.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

He also tweeted a photograph of his penis, which looked just horrible. I am no aficionado of penises but it almost looked diseased.

His feet were bad enough, f**k seeing his cock.

Jim Spence deserves his own thread. A deeply unlikeable man who everyone in Dundee hates.

It was fine when it was just all "eh mind o thon shoe shop in the Overgate" shite but he really has taken badly to irrelevance. 

He genuinely seems to hate people who don't want to listen to him eg young people, the BBC and the SNP leadership.

A real life Partridge character.

The university couldn't get rid of him quick enough once they realised their mistake.

Also posts once a day he was a law lecturer but doesn't mention it was specific college modules.

6 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I guess that's' what eating all that Shredded Wheat does to one's cock.

It honestly didn’t look a million miles from a shredded wheat.

I’ve thought too much about Ian Botham’s penis.

19 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Steven Seagal has been a cùnt for a long time.

I remember John Leguizamo going on about him on Soccer AM a few years back, and he often tells the same story. First interview on the vid is that story.

Never cool.

this video is NSFW (Cum Town? NSFW? wow, who'da thunkit) but i love to revisit it from time to time

"fatly going around corners"

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

Jim Spence? Seemed alright on the radio/ telly but when he got binned/ left the BBC he went quite strange.

31 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Jim Spence deserves his own thread. A deeply unlikeable man who everyone in Dundee hates.

It was fine when it was just all "eh mind o thon shoe shop in the Overgate" shite but he really has taken badly to irrelevance. 

He genuinely seems to hate people who don't want to listen to him eg young people, the BBC and the SNP leadership.

A real life Partridge character.

The university couldn't get rid of him quick enough once they realised their mistake.

Also posts once a day he was a law lecturer but doesn't mention it was specific college modules.

Jim Spence is like Dundee's answer to Matt Taibbi or Glenn Greenwald.  Previously a respected journalist who slowly but surely seemed to get sucked in by conspiracies and a weird underworld of paranoia while still claiming to be left wing but are actually much closer to the far right.

57 minutes ago, HTG said:

The correlation between being a Brexiteer and an ill-informed moron is very high.  

Edited by Highland Capital

26 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Dare we add George Galloway to this thread...

Some would say he was always a chunt though.

He always was.

A corrupt Labour Councillor back in the day and now both him and Spence heading in the same direction.

"we're from Kirkton/Lochee so we know hardship/are working class"

Shite, pair of grifters though George has easily won as top grifter.

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

this video is NSFW (Cum Town? NSFW? wow, who'da thunkit) but i love to revisit it from time to time

"fatly going around corners"

Up there with the African sandal guy and stavs chocolate credit card fraud as one of my favourite CT bits 

ETA how could I forget Steve Harvey at the Nuremberg trials 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

The Coast guy. Totally forgotten his name as I've made every effort to forget he exists. Last I was aware he would pop up on GB News screaming about freedoms and railing against COVID safety measures which I know were controversial and divisive but he seemed to think it was some kind of Government plot to control our minds or some guff.

ETA: Neil Oliver!

Edited by RiG

11 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I think Morissey probably comes under the "always was a c**t" bracket but just more forthright in his views now.

The saddest thing would be a grown man copying him in being more outspokenly right wing because they are a fan.

Take it this is a pop at me so I'll bite.

Was right wing before Steven ever mentioned it, sorry we can't all be 'left wing'.

Thank you.