Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?  

306 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

He'd be on several clubs wish lists but he's unlikely to be interested. 

He turns 60 this summer and he's already attempted to retire once, before being lured out to manage his boyhood club and then his nation. He's spent much of his career in the English premiership so he doesn't need Aberdeen's money

Although if he's got a daughter who's single then eligible bachelor Aberdeen fans might consider meeting her, falling in love, getting married, buying a house in Aberdeen  and starting a family and then suggesting to your father in law that if he took a director of football role at Pittodrie he'd see more of his grandkids

It's an elaborate plan but it might just work

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

10 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I looked on transfermarkt

Hearts have had it particularly tough but Hibs haven’t had it all that easy. They had as many as  8 players unavailable for a couple of matches (Motherwell and Dundee United in October). Aberdeen seem to have led a charmed life and have never had more than two players unavailable. 

Can you imagine the state they’d be in if their luck hadn’t held

Yeah, I think at one point Hearts had 8 players out, including 3/4 nailed on starters. Any club would struggle with that apart from perhaps Celtic. Ditto 2 best goalscorers.

I know form plays a huge part, but both Hibs and Aberdeen have a lot of expensive dross clogging up the wage bill. The comparison between now and Brora for Hearts that Tom Englirish used is quite instructive. However, Neilson had a track record of getting teams promoted (and then getting us up the league further). Goodwin's stock is much more uncertain 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

For me and I said it when McInnes was sacked, zinedine zidane is the man to take Aberdeen forward.

Bielsa would be, genuinely, mental enough to take the job IMO. Give him the big sell about a former European superpower thats lost its way with a large latent fanbase just needing someone to love.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bielsa would be, genuinely, mental enough to take the job IMO. Give him the big sell about a former European superpower thats lost its way with a large latent fanbase just needing someone to love.

I mean, it’s a nice thought but I don’t think he would…

19 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Yeah, I think at one point Hearts had 8 players out, including 3/4 nailed on starters. Any club would struggle with that apart from perhaps Celtic. Ditto 2 best goalscorers.

Hearts having 8 players out has been a regular occurrence. There's scope to have a long  discussion about exactly how bad each teamsluck has been relative to everybody else which could end up with us sounding like Monty Python's 4 Yorkshiremen: "Our goalkeeper broke his leg!", "You had it easy, our left sided midfielder got his head taken off, out for 8 weeks he was", "Decapitation? Decapitation? that's easy our centre half fell in a meat grinder he's going to miss the rest of the season", "You were lucky We dreamed of having players fall in meat grinders..." etc..

19 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I know form plays a huge part, but both Hibs and Aberdeen have a lot of expensive dross clogging up the wage bill. The comparison between now and Brora for Hearts that Tom Engliish used is quite instructive. However, Neilson had a track record of getting teams promoted (and then getting us up the league further). Goodwin's stock is much more uncertain 

With historical hindsight Hearts had kept their foot of the financial throttle for the promotion campaign. The Hearts thread here and the maroon sections of the internet at the time were full of people moaning about the fact that we were only winning the championship at a canter as opposed to a trot but looking back that annoyance seems almost churlish.

For example it was obvious at the time that Berra needed replaced before we returned to the top flight but surely there was no point in spending money doing that in 2021 when the squad we had was more than good enough to do what was required of it.  People seemed genuinely angry that we hadn't brought Kyle Lafferty in to ensure we had things wrapped up by February but was there really a hurry?

It would have seemed entirely sensible to run a skeleton crew and get promoted with the post Covid financial situation relatively healthy and ready to challenge. Of course the perfect storm of injuries, suspensions, loss of form and the magic of the cup meant that this idea briefly went the way of so many best laid plans. If we'd just drawn Celtic in the opening round it would have worked out fine.

33 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

For me and I said it when McInnes was sacked, zinedine zidane is the man to take Aberdeen forward.

I've checked and he doesn't have any daughters but 3 of his sons are single so if any eligible young Aberdonian ladies want to step forward

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Although if he's got a daughter who's single then eligible bachelor Aberdeen fans might consider meeting her, falling in love, getting married, buying a house in Aberdeen  and starting a family and then suggesting to your father in law that if he took a director of football role at Pittodrie he'd see more of his grandkids

It's an elaborate plan but it might just work

Only if Sir Alex's daughter is a bit "Sheepish." You can't pull the wool over Sir Alex's eyes

Ossie's going to Hampden

but he'd be better off in Camden

Come on you Dons

Come on you Dons

Cooooommme onnnnnn youuuuu

The Dons were on their way to Hampden, the Kings were claiming their throne

But Darvel stopped them, our boys are rotten, and so are the boys from the Football Monitoring Board

Lets make it finally happen FMB and get Ossie on the blower

OIP.jpg.52b3dcd840763fa485cf295166089e9e.jpg

Edited by Bogbrush1903

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

For me and I said it when McInnes was sacked,Steve Clarke is the man to take Aberdeen forward.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

He turns 60 this summer and he's already attempted to retire once, before being lured out to manage his boyhood club and then his nation. He's spent much of his career in the English premiership so he doesn't need Aberdeen's money

I believe he and his family also live in England and saw this mentioned before in relation to the part-timeish nature of the national team job suiting him.

Can't see him pitching up at Aberdeen when added to the reasons outlined by my Honourable Friend.

8 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

His family remained in Brighton when he was at Killie, Anorher big plus of The Scotland job meant he could spend more time with them. He said so in an interview.