Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?  

306 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Jim's here for the long haul, f**k the haterz.

Premier League legend wants Aberdeen job, £250k manager seeking talks after  bid rejected

Only if you class now until Saturday 5pm as the long haul...

Jim will be in the dug-out on Saturday. However, to be clear, Jim has been left in no doubt that the Board and the fans are seeking an immediate response from him and the players.”

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I genuinely don’t think it matters who they appoint… unless they suddenly assmble a squad that looks any better than the rest of the division, bar the obvious two out-of-sight clubs from Glasgow. I look at everyone’s squad, and while Hearts are undeniably doing very well right now, I genuinely don’t see much between any of us. Take those two kunts out and we’ve got a tremendously competitive league. What the remit of any new Aberdeen boss is, to keep everyone up there happy, I genuinely don’t know. I’m sure it will at least be to not get pumped out the cup by sixth-tier mobs, capitulate 5-0 against Hearts, or utterly clart your nappies and shitfest that negatively at home to Celtic, or anyone.

Other than that, good luck to whoever the next sheriff of Rock Ridge up there is.

Do you seriously think the Aberdeen squad is comparable to the Hearts one? 

From what I've seen it's no contest. Aberdeen have a decent first team but the replacements are a big drop off in quality. Hearts have had a massive injury list but have still looked better consistently. 

39 minutes ago, Renfrewblue said:

Do you seriously think the Aberdeen squad is comparable to the Hearts one? 

From what I've seen it's no contest. Aberdeen have a decent first team but the replacements are a big drop off in quality. Hearts have had a massive injury list but have still looked better consistently. 

I think it’s pretty clear what I think. I think Celtic and The Ibrox AllStars 2012 are out of sight, the rest of the division is pretty evenly matched. That’s what I said. I also said Hearts are undeniably doing well just now. Pretty clear IMHO. Pick a random fixture, say Motherwell v Dundee United, St Mirren v Hibs, or Livingston v Aberdeen - hard to call.

The only easy thing to call is that in 99.9% of fixtures, the big uglies will win, and win rather comfortably.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I think it’s pretty clear what I think. I think Celtic and The Ibrox AllStars 2012 are out of sight, the rest of the division is pretty evenly matched. That’s what I said. I also said Hearts are undeniably doing well just now. Pretty clear IMHO. Pick a random fixture, say Motherwell v Dundee United, St Mirren v Hibs, or Livingston v Aberdeen - hard to call.

The only easy thing to call is that in 99.9% of fixtures, the big uglies will win, and win rather comfortably.

I agree with your assessment other than Hearts. I think they're head and shoulders above everyone else bar the OF. Their squad has kept them in contention for 3rd and now the injuries and Europe are over they're pulling away. 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I know who my fiver would be on in those two games, at the moment.

6 hours ago, pozbaird said:

St Mirren did well against us in the recent games certainly and I expect it will be tough against Livingston this weekend as well, but especially when fully fit, our squad is by a considerable distance, the best out with Rangers and Celtic. Our 3 games this calendar year vs Hibs and Aberdeen, the aggregate score is 11-0, and we haven't played particularly well in any of those games.

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

St Mirren did well against us in the recent games certainly and I expect it will be tough against Livingston this weekend as well, but especially when fully fit, our squad is by a considerable distance, the best out with Rangers and Celtic. Our 3 games this calendar year vs Hibs and Aberdeen, the aggregate score is 11-0, and we haven't played particularly well in any of those games.

Just taking the two teams you mention, St Mirren and Livingston. Both have played one game less than Hearts, 20 games v 21. Livvy would be four points behind Hearts if they win their outstanding game, St Mirren would be eight points behind Hearts. St Mirren have won something like one game in the last ten, but still aren’t miles behind the undeniably ‘best of the rest’ Hearts side. The gap between Hearts and Celtic on the other hand is about as wide as Del Boy selling hooky gear down Peckham market. Not a slight on Hearts, just saying, despite Hearts flying at present, I genuinely don’t think there’s much between us all. Hearts current performances suggest otherwise, but the league table doesn’t. Well, not by a ridiculous amount, unlike the gap between the top two and the rest. Would be a brilliant league race, if we could ditch you know who.

Edit to add - sincere apologies for veering off into extreme thread drift, away from the somewhat bizarre goings on in Aberdeen’s ‘Football Monitoring Department’…. Fcuked Monday at Darvel.

Edited by pozbaird

32 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Just taking the two teams you mention, St Mirren and Livingston. Both have played one game less than Hearts, 20 games v 21. Livvy would be four points behind Hearts if they win their outstanding game, St Mirren would be eight points behind Hearts. St Mirren have won something like one game in the last ten, but still aren’t miles behind the undeniably ‘best of the rest’ Hearts side. The gap between Hearts and Celtic on the other hand is about as wide as Del Boy selling hooky gear down Peckham market. Not a slight on Hearts, just saying, despite Hearts flying at present, I genuinely don’t think there’s much between us all. Hearts current performances suggest otherwise, but the league table doesn’t. Well, not by a ridiculous amount, unlike the gap between the top two and the rest. Would be a brilliant league race, if we could ditch you know who.

Edit to add - sincere apologies for veering off into extreme thread drift, away from the somewhat bizarre goings on in Aberdeen’s ‘Football Monitoring Department’…. Fcuked Monday at Darvel.

Yes but context is key, From August to November, Hearts had both a very heavy schedule and a ridiculous injury list, in some games we had no fit senior central defenders. Indeed even now, there's 3 or 4 key players (Gordon, Halkett, Baningame and Boyce notably) who if fully fit would be considered starters.

Since Rowles, Kingsley and Humphrys returned from injury, in combination with the lighter schedule and signing of James Hill, we haven't actually lost a game. Indeed 4 of our 6 domestic defeats this season, were against the 'Old Firm'. The other two being v Aberdeen and Livingston away, which both occurred after European away games.

32 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Yes but context is key, From August to November, Hearts had both a very heavy schedule and a ridiculous injury list, in some games we had no fit senior central defenders. Indeed even now, there's 3 or 4 key players (Gordon, Halkett, Baningame and Boyce notably) who if fully fit would be considered starters.

Since Rowles, Kingsley and Humphrys returned from injury, in combination with the lighter schedule and signing of James Hill, we haven't actually lost a game. Indeed 4 of our 6 domestic defeats this season, were against the 'Old Firm'. The other two being v Aberdeen and Livingston away, which both occurred after European away games.

If context comes into it, then maybe we’d be closer to Hearts if we didn’t go down to ten men in about twelve games in a row. 😜

9 hours ago, Leith Green said:

And everyone else has had a full complement to choose from.......................

Everyone obviously has injuries, however, for the hard of thinking, Hearts has been worse by a fair distance as far as I can tell. 

Clear enough for you now? 

3 hours ago, Renfrewblue said:

Everyone obviously has injuries, however, for the hard of thinking, Hearts has been worse by a fair distance as far as I can tell. 

Clear enough for you now? 

To be fair, Hibs have two strikers and they've spent most of the last 6 months between them crocked 

10 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

To be fair, Hibs have two strikers and they've spent most of the last 6 months between them crocked 

I looked on transfermarkt

Hearts have had it particularly tough but Hibs haven’t had it all that easy. They had as many as  8 players unavailable for a couple of matches (Motherwell and Dundee United in October). Aberdeen seem to have led a charmed life and have never had more than two players unavailable. 

Can you imagine the state they’d be in if their luck hadn’t held

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

For me and I said it when McInnes was sacked, Steve Clarke is the man to take Aberdeen forward.

He'd be on several clubs wish lists but he's unlikely to be interested. 

He turns 60 this summer and he's already attempted to retire once, before being lured out to manage his boyhood club and then his nation. He's spent much of his career in the English premiership so he doesn't need Aberdeen's money

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)