Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?  

306 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, jagfox said:

image.thumb.png.f726cf1352de506b7909ae96d3c42c58.png

Always raises a smile.  Raised something else too.  Never seen a face be both threatening and pleading at the same time.

His left side is saying DON’T YOU FUCKING DARE!

His right side is begging Please don’t tell her!

There was another belter like that where some mother was livid at the computer hackers that spend hundreds on fifa points for her sons fifa PlayStation game.  Same look.  Evil hackers.

9 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'm sure some of these games, including the '71 match you mention, could still exist in the archives but I've failed previously when requesting about STV's Scottish football archive. I might need to try a different approach.

With regards your VHS home recordings, don't do what I did 15 years ago, and throw them all out. I've regretted that decision ever since.

How many videos roughly do you have? Are the VHS and not Betamax?

As long as I’m alive, the video’s won’t be getting chucked. Without going to look I don’t know how many football related ones I have but probably in the region of 20 with bits of matches and highlights interspersed with music. All VHS.

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

As long as I’m alive, the video’s won’t be getting chucked. Without going to look I don’t know how many football related ones I have but probably in the region of 20 with bits of matches and highlights interspersed with music. All VHS.

My uncle's a bit of a videophile. I'm virtually certain he'll have a VHS player somewhere (if not plugged in to the TV). I know for a fact he's copied VHS onto DVD before anyway. I could ask him if he's willing to do so for you?

1 minute ago, Illgresi said:

My uncle's a bit of a videophile. I'm virtually certain he'll have a VHS player somewhere (if not plugged in to the TV). I know for a fact he's copied VHS onto DVD before anyway. I could ask him if he's willing to do so for you?

I've done the same with all the old kids videos too. Got a VHS/DVD writer combo cheap to do the job. 

The only videos I couldn't convert were the Disney ones because there's protection in the headers. 

This was before Netflix made it a less useful exercise. 😁

Just now, Renfrewblue said:

I've done the same with all the old kids videos too. Got a VHS/DVD writer combo cheap to do the job. 

The only videos I couldn't convert were the Disney ones because there's protection in the headers. 

This was before Netflix made it a less useful exercise. 😁

Ah well, there you go @kingjoey, you may be able to get a machine on the cheap and do it yourself.

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

This is a huge annoyance/frustration for me as well. There are loads of matches from throughout the 70s that had highlights shown but seem to be nowhere now, both BBC and STV. I keep trying to find the highlights package from the title “decider’ between Aberdeen and Celtic at Pittodrie from April 1971 which was shown by both BBC and STV that weekend, but no joy. I have loads of unmarked videos from the 80s with matches on them, but with no means of playing them no idea what is on any one tape. Probably all mixed up with Top Of The Pops.

It was apparently routine even up to the mid 1980s for the BBC to reuse video tapes - I read for example that there weren't many episodes of early 80s kids TV programme Chock-a-block left in existence as they'd been wiped over.

The situation was likely worse in Scotland where the two TV channels were unlikely to have been flush with cash.

Occasionally the Beeb put out appeals for lost programmes and episodes of Dr Who and the like occasionally turn up. The idea of seeking out lost Aberdeen games (and maybe other teams) as a project is an interesting one.

Interestingly enough the first game I attended was Hibs v Aberdeen in October 1986 and it was filmed and me and a Hibee mate could just make out ourselves on the terrace when we watched the highlights 

Back to topic: I still think some English lower league jobber will end up Dons manager

A certain high profile Motherwell fan in the media: "Aberdeen need Lennon/Yogi/McCann/some duffer with pals in the media to put a smile back on the fans at Pittodrie"

Question to said high profile Motherwell fan: "would you take Lennon/Yogi/McCann/some duffer as Motherwell manager?"

High profile Motherwell fan: "Aye. Right."