Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?  

306 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, betting competition said:

With Alan Burrows joining us in February 27th I reckon Robson will be in the job till March, always thought that was a possibility when Steve Agnew took a coaching role. 

Bit like last time there isn't anyone on the managers list that looks an amazing appointment so I think it is best to wait until a decent candidate become available. 

Agreed, a quick appointment didn’t do us any favours last season.

14 minutes ago, betting competition said:

With Alan Burrows joining us in February 27th I reckon Robson will be in the job till March, always thought that was a possibility when Steve Agnew took a coaching role. 

Bit like last time there isn't anyone on the managers list that looks an amazing appointment so I think it is best to wait until a decent candidate become available. 

The Scotland games are at the end of March if Robson can keep The Dons out of trouble until then it's an easy choice.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Class. I saw him score one of the greatest goals ever at Pittodrie in the fog against Hibs. And I think he would be voted the greatest living Scottish footballer and pundit on any P&B poll.

Do you remember his overhead kick winner in the last minute against Motherwell in 1982/83?

Which season was the Hibs fog goal?

20 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Do you remember his overhead kick winner in the last minute against Motherwell in 1982/83?

Which season was the Hibs fog goal?

I don’t remember that one. The Hibs goal was in the 1977/78 season, and BBC Sportscene was there but the fog was so bad they couldn’t film the goal. Luckily I was in the Beach End where it as scored. Three one twos played before shooting into the net. Magnificent.

Burrows' PR is tremendous, tbf. That wee Twitter account has done bits for him. Bailing from Motherwell for undisclosed 'reasons' before they're relegated, after making another howling managerial appointment.

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I don’t remember that one. The Hibs goal was in the 1977/78 season, and BBC Sportscene was there but the fog was so bad they couldn’t film the goal. Luckily I was in the Beach End where it as scored. Three one twos played before shooting into the net. Magnificent.

I imagine the BBC (and STV) must've recorded over all the old masters of the footage from the 1970s and early 1980s.

There's hardly any footage kicking around from Pittodrie matches in the 1970s.

If I hadn't checked the TV schedules for the era, then I would've imagine that the games weren't shown on TV.

Where's all our European action from the 1970s? Tottenham, Eintracht Frankfurt, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Juventus (apart from Joey's goal), RWDM and Fortuna Düsseldorf and the likes, never seen anything from them!

I suppose before home video recorders then you were dependent on the broadcaster keeping them. Maybe they still have some in their archives.

Do you or anyone else have videos of AFC from the early 1980s? I would love to get it all digitised so we can show our club's history to future supporters on YouTube rather than hide the footage behind a paywall on the official club site.

7 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I imagine the BBC (and STV) must've recorded over all the old masters of the footage from the 1970s and early 1980s.

There's hardly any footage kicking around from Pittodrie matches in the 1970s.

If I hadn't checked the TV schedules for the era, then I would've imagine that the games weren't shown on TV.

Where's all our European action from the 1970s? Tottenham, Eintracht Frankfurt, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Juventus (apart from Joey's goal), RWDM and Fortuna Düsseldorf and the likes, never seen anything from them!

I suppose before home video recorders then you were dependent on the broadcaster keeping them. Maybe they still have some in their archives.

Do you or anyone else have videos of AFC from the early 1980s? I would love to get it all digitised so we can show our club's history to future supporters on YouTube rather than hide the footage behind a paywall on the official club site.

This is a huge annoyance/frustration for me as well. There are loads of matches from throughout the 70s that had highlights shown but seem to be nowhere now, both BBC and STV. I keep trying to find the highlights package from the title “decider’ between Aberdeen and Celtic at Pittodrie from April 1971 which was shown by both BBC and STV that weekend, but no joy. I have loads of unmarked videos from the 80s with matches on them, but with no means of playing them no idea what is on any one tape. Probably all mixed up with Top Of The Pops.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

This is a huge annoyance/frustration for me as well. There are loads of matches from throughout the 70s that had highlights shown but seem to be nowhere now, both BBC and STV. I keep trying to find the highlights package from the title “decider’ between Aberdeen and Celtic at Pittodrie from April 1971 which was shown by both BBC and STV that weekend, but no joy. I have loads of unmarked videos from the 80s with matches on them, but with no means of playing them no idea what is on any one tape. Probably all mixed up with Top Of The Pops.

I'm sure some of these games, including the '71 match you mention, could still exist in the archives but I've failed previously when requesting about STV's Scottish football archive. I might need to try a different approach.

With regards your VHS home recordings, don't do what I did 15 years ago, and throw them all out. I've regretted that decision ever since.

How many videos roughly do you have? Are the VHS and not Betamax?

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

He couldn't do much worse than Jim Goodwin. 

Players might look forward to the videoanalysis during training

Probably sat through enough pumpings recently...