Edinburgh VS Falkirk

Expecting a comfortable win. Every time we have played Edinburgh we have looked very comfortable and it blows my mind that they are still in the top 3. However, they play to them, they have beaten the dross that we often struggle against.

I'd go with the same team as Saturday with Burrell coming on to run the legs off them for the last 30 minutes.

3-0 Falkirk.

Played Edinburgh twice this season. 5-0 to us over the two legs. Edinburgh are the only team in the league that have failed to score against us. So quite confident for this one. I'm going 2-0 Falkirk. However, I was confident for the Kelty Hearts games at the start of the season and they turned us over. We are on a good run of form right now. Any Edinburgh fans able to tell us how Edinburgh have been playing recently?

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Might make it to this - never been to their stadium before. 

Is it any good? And where is good for parking?

Just don’t go.  It’s horrendous.  You stand miles away with no elevation whatsoever, no facilities and pay though the nose for it.  The only upside is visiting some decent pubs on the way.

my tip is get the train through, go to the pub, stay in the pub.

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Might make it to this - never been to their stadium before. 

Is it any good? And where is good for parking?

Well, it all depends on what you define as “good”. If you consider watching a movie in Cineworld Screen 3 while you stand in the concourse outside Screen 4 as good, then it’s good.

If you want to compare to any other ground in the country (including council parks), then it’s abysmal.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

9 hours ago, Big chungus said:

.Any Edinburgh fans able to tell us how Edinburgh have been playing recently?

Not too good!, got beat at Alloa recently, following on from our tame defeat by the pars.

I actually hate the games we have to play against Falkirk and Dunfermline as we change our normal game and  show "the big two"  Far too much respect!!! 

I predict once again Edinburgh will start slowly, stand back and admire Falkirk (As we also do against Dunfermline)  try to "Keep it tight", but will lose a goal anyway,  and Yous will see out a boring  1-0 or 2-0 win.

Honestly,  I wouldn't bother.   Save your money for your trips to Kelty and Alloa next week!

I'd be more confident if we sign a striker or two before this, we have however managed to win last couple of games minus Alegria, we seem to have Edinburgh's number though hopefully that continues on Saturday. 2 nil Bairns.

Edited by ebobsboy

7 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Well, it all depends on what you define as “good”. If you consider watching a movie in Cineworld Screen 3 while you stand in the concourse outside Screen 4 as good, then it’s good.

If you want to compare to any other ground in the country (including council parks), then it’s abysmal.

I would really hate to deprive FC of money, especially as the name change has the good folk of the South East of Scotland positively falling over themselves to watch the team but I remember when Bill "Blobby" Hunter put prices up for a cup tie at Meadowbank either St Johnstone or Dundee fans who had come down on a double decker decided they weren't paying over the top prices, parked their bus in Marionville Road and watched the game from the top deck 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I would really hate to deprive FC of money, especially as the name change has the good folk of the South East of Scotland positively falling over themselves to watch the team but I remember when Bill "Blobby" Hunter put prices up for a cup tie at Meadowbank either St Johnstone or Dundee fans who had come down on a double decker decided they weren't paying over the top prices, parked their bus in Marionville Road and watched the game from the top deck 

Bill Hunter…….the man who dreamed up the “play but never pay” master plan for the Launderers. A proper con man.

Aye after the last game i won't be back unless the game is massive promotion/relegation decider or whatever. Just simply isn't worth the trip to watch a game like that.

Really hope we get at least one other player in before the weekend. I'd also start Burrell for this as i don't think FC Edinburgh FC will sit in against us and that will suit him better than Oliver.

On 25/01/2023 at 22:14, Tenkay said:

Not too good!, got beat at Alloa recently, following on from our tame defeat by the pars.

I actually hate the games we have to play against Falkirk and Dunfermline as we change our normal game and  show "the big two"  Far too much respect!!! 

I predict once again Edinburgh will start slowly, stand back and admire Falkirk (As we also do against Dunfermline)  try to "Keep it tight", but will lose a goal anyway,  and Yous will see out a boring  1-0 or 2-0 win.

Honestly,  I wouldn't bother.   Save your money for your trips to Kelty and Alloa next week!

Big Three, we've not been able to play against Queen of the South either.

I think we'll see a different Edinburgh for this one. Seen bits and bobs from their management/players that have indicated they know they've been too "respectful" of Dunfermline and us, so expect a different set up tomorrow. Both teams to score. 

32 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I think we'll see a different Edinburgh for this one. Seen bits and bobs from their management/players that have indicated they know they've been too "respectful" of Dunfermline and us, so expect a different set up tomorrow. Both teams to score. 

Frankly, I would settle for that too. Much as I hate us conceding throw ins let alone goals, for this game, I will grudgingly accept a 1-7.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

On 26/01/2023 at 10:00, scottsdad said:

Might avoid this one and go to another game - cheers guys!

Good idea, been once and even although i never tend to miss a game stayed away from our second visit. Not fit for purpose. Notice they are expecting around 800 folk to the gymnastics in the hall, also Hibs Aberdeen at Easter Road along the road it could be carnage