Raith Rovers v Motherwell (Scottish Cup Round 5)

roverthemoon

30 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I've no idea why that was a penalty. Seemed to come off his thigh. Arms by his side. No one even claimed. 

26 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Certainly everyone around me in the South Stand thought the ref was just pointing for a corner. Not complaining, mind you! 

On the replay, the player spun right to avoid the ball to the puss and his left forearm swung out. It looked like it came off that forearm, and the Ref was ideally positioned to see it…kinda bad luck.

8 minutes ago, boozyBJ said:

Decision not to go to this vindicated. Feel for all the fans that pay good money to go and have to go through this shite every week. 
Hammell surely can’t survive this

Sounds familiar...

20 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

dodgy stream?

12 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Raith TV

Stream’s been fine…

22 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Couldn't tell from the stream if it was a pen or not to be honest. Didn't see anything as it played live but maybe the camera angle. The only player that seemed to shout was the Raith chap who took the shot

We've had most of the play but loose in possession midfield and up top. Had a few chances we could have taken imo. Danzaki and Slattery need to up it massively. 

The main camera shoots from an angle that’s nearly directly behind Gullan when he hits the shot and he somewhat blankets the view of the defender-.

Edited by TxRover

Any thoughts on a foul on the keeper for the second? Kelly looked to have fumbled it a wee bit but I was still surprised that the ref gave the goal. 

It's probably not quite been a 2-0 game, Motherwell came into it much more after the first, albeit without really threatening MacDonald. They're not handling the game well at all, though. Just daft stuff like not picking up men at throw-ins, they're not taking the opportunity to dial up any kind of pressure. Time and again the Rovers are using the break of a loose ball to spring forward. 

We're far from home and hosed, it's going to take a huge effort to keep this level of physical and mental effort up for the rest of the game, but Motherwell are going to need a major rethink to get back into this. 

1 minute ago, Against The Machine said:

Any thoughts on a foul on the keeper for the second? Kelly looked to have fumbled it a wee bit but I was still surprised that the ref gave the goal. 

It's probably not quite been a 2-0 game, Motherwell came into it much more after the first, albeit without really threatening MacDonald. They're not handling the game well at all, though. Just daft stuff like not picking up men at throw-ins, they're not taking the opportunity to dial up any kind of pressure. Time and again the Rovers are using the break of a loose ball to spring forward. 

We're far from home and hosed, it's going to take a huge effort to keep this level of physical and mental effort up for the rest of the game, but Motherwell are going to need a major rethink to get back into this. 

Tiredness on our part will play a big factor, but at least we've got a few fresh legs on the bench

Just now, Against The Machine said:

Penalty call looked right with the arm flying out as the player turned away…but I’m not 100%.

Second goal I think should have been waved off for a foul on the keeper.

I'm very worried we might slump a wee bit in the second, and if they get a goal, not sure we can pick it back up as tired as everyone probably is. I’m also expecting Gullan to be subbed by minute 60-65.