Raith Rovers v Motherwell (Scottish Cup Round 5)

roverthemoon

28 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

You missed out on the great chicken curry pies, sorry to disappoint. 

Had one at Fir Park when they were first introduced years ago. Vowed never again. Might try one at Stark’s park next season…

Edited by ZX1886

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Agree with this. It's a very clear penalty in current interpretations. His arm is way out from his natural silhouette.

I think the Stanton challenge is probably given as a foul routinely 8 times out of 10 these days but I'm not sure there's an awful lot in it.

And in the end that’s exactly what the gaffer said. The handball rules are one of the banes of football, and we’ll probably never find a happy medium, but the current not making the body larger and such is about as good a compromise as we’ve seen in a long time. Shocked to be saying this, but the referee’s choice to allow continued play on then second goal was pretty fair in that both sides were jostling for the ball and neither was mugging the other out of the play.

Still hard to believe just how utterly baws we were yesterday, just shameful. It's forced change though, so can only hope the positive to take is that it becomes the catalyst for improvement under a new gaffer, although how anyone achieves that with this bunch of shysters is anyone's guess.

Congratulations to Raith though. They sensed the fear and uncertainty in us right from the first whistle and ran out very comfortable winners, aside from that one wee 15min spell at the start of the 2nd half and played some decent stuff along the way. Hope the draw is good to you and the best of luck. 

3 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Still hard to believe just how utterly baws we were yesterday, just shameful. It's forced change though, so can only hope the positive to take is that it becomes the catalyst for improvement under a new gaffer, although how anyone achieves that with this bunch of shysters is anyone's guess.

Congratulations to Raith though. They sensed the fear and uncertainty in us right from the first whistle and ran out very comfortable winners, aside from that one wee 15min spell at the start of the 2nd half and played some decent stuff along the way. Hope the draw is good to you and the best of luck. 

Cheers. As long as we avoid Inver-fucking-ness I’ll be happy enough.

48 minutes ago, lellywong said:

The drum is sitting in bits at the bins at Starks Park, shame on those who thought it was ok to do that😳 it's a bit of fun in the game of Scottish football 😐

A fundraiser for a replacement has already reached its goal. 

It's nice when people can come together in the face of other people being c***s. 

20 hours ago, ribzanelli said:

Looking at the highlights on Raith website, not a single Motherwell player had a complaint about the pen, although I guess they have maybe just downed tools and don’t care either way 

With the current handball rules it's definitely a penalty but also we had downed tools before a ball was even kicked at the World Cup tbh. As for the second and third goals, I've no fucking idea what Liam Kelly's up to.