Raith Rovers v Motherwell (Scottish Cup Round 5)

roverthemoon

For Raith Fans, congrates. It was an actual team effort from yourselves, which is not something I could say about our team.

I honestly fear what will happen next season when we play each other in the championship. Just don't expect 2,000 away fans. More like 200 or less.

Good luck in the next round. Good chance for yous to get another championship team as well, then a possible trip to Hampdem (if only we could have done that).

Mother ‘no taken it well’ Boys on the walk from the ground 🤣 GET DOON

More seriously, away support was great today in the context of how shite that team is. Hard to see how they don’t drop. 

For the Rovers, huge win and a good looking amount of beatable sides in next round. Couldn’t ask for more! Canny wait to get (even more) pished!

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

8 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

For Raith Fans, congrates. It was an actual team effort from yourselves, which is not something I could say about our team.

I honestly fear what will happen next season when we play each other in the championship. Just don't expect 2,000 away fans. More like 200 or less.

Good luck in the next round. Good chance for yous to get another championship team as well, then a possible trip to Hampdem (if only we could have done that).

Appreciate that, but if we’ve genuinely found a striker…but, a big but, we’ve seen this film before…there is a chance of us passing like ships in the night. The Championship this year is a genuine dogfight, and the second to fourth place teams will have a real chance.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Appreciate that, but if we’ve genuinely found a striker…but, a big but, we’ve seen this film before…there is a chance of us passing like ships in the night. The Championship this year is a genuine dogfight, and the second to fourth place teams will have a real chance.

Well, we potentailly could play each other in the play offs. What a laughter that would be.

But I'm 99% sure we are straight down this season. 

Just now, Phillips455 said:

Well, we potentailly could play each other in the play offs. What a laughter that would be.

But I'm 99% sure we are straight down this season. 

Fair enough, and as mentioned above, full props to the ‘Well supporters!

I can only congratulate Raith fans and wish them the best for the next round. You played with the togetherness of a real team, something we can only dream of. We'll see you again next season.

As for us, yet again the fans pay and turn up only to have to sit through a gutless, heartless, leaderless performance. Hammell has to do the right thing and walk but I have the fear he won't and even if/when he does I don't see how any manager turns this team around and saves us from the drop. We have that stench of a team resigned to their fate and they're just waiting on it happening.

2 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Believe it or not, it's 25 years ago today since Big Marv first signed for the Rovers.

Good to see you’re alive, Specky…now we have Scary Bear who was in the South Stand too…with others, but you two posted pictures.

I think you'll probably find over the course of the evening someone's going to pop up and make a case for just about every Rovers player to be man of the match, but a special mention for Ryan Nolan. 

I thought he was imperious. In the first couple of minutes you could see that Jon Obika had targeted him rather than Tom Lang (which, to be fair, is the correct choice) and I thought he'd be in for a really tough game, but he stuck to Obika like glue. Almost to a fault, at one point streaming past Van Veen - who had the ball and Lang in tow - to track Obika's run! But he handled Obika really well, totally nullified him and it's a credit to Nolan that he was withdrawn at half time. 

The big fella has really grown into his position after a shaky start. As good as O'Riordan was as an individual, I think you can see the impact that Lang has on Nolan and on the defence as a whole. As talented as he is gorgeous. 

10 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Relatively young felly - in his 20s I'd say - away with oxygen mask on. Hope he's OK. Possibly overcome by how good we were.

I did wonder if it was something like a seizure. Both sets of fans were superb today, but in particular the quickness of people to alert the medical staff was good. Hopefully it's a full recovery and he's back at games soon! 

Went in full of confidence we'd win. The first half was relatively equal with neither team really creating much. Both our first half goals looked quite fortuitous but we've done the job and got an established lead. We got battered at the start of the second half,  but Isma's third killed it. Absolutely loved how gallus both he and Easton were playing keep ball in the corner. 

Things definitely feel like they've clicked into place. We've got the unity back we last saw when we beat Killie at home just before we were linked to Goodwillie. Lads like Nolan and Millen were written off but both were superb today. 

Well done Rovers - easy win and well deserved. Good to check the town out for next year. 

I'm lost about what to say about us - game over. I was reduced to watching ships on the Firth and hoping a train came past. 

Fancied us today however will not lie I was bricking it when it went 2-1. This team though just don't give up and Murray has really instilled this 'don't give up' mentality the last few weeks. Chuffed for Isma putting the game to bed after reading Livi fans rip him to bits. Great support and atmosphere from both sets of fans in the ground albeit daft idea letting both sets of fans pass eachother at the bottom of the ramp at full time. Jubilant Rovers fans on the wind up and despondent pished Motherwell fans was only going to result in one thing. 

22 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Fancied us today however will not lie I was bricking it when it went 2-1. This team though just don't give up and Murray has really instilled this 'don't give up' mentality the last few weeks. Chuffed for Isma putting the game to bed after reading Livi fans rip him to bits. Great support and atmosphere from both sets of fans in the ground albeit daft idea letting both sets of fans pass eachother at the bottom of the ramp at full time. Jubilant Rovers fans on the wind up and despondent pished Motherwell fans was only going to result in one thing. 

What impressed me most was that we stood tall enough to weather that storm in the first 15-20 minutes of the second half when we've wilted at less several times this season. Over the last week we've found new levels of resilience that we didn't seem capable of just a few weeks back. 

As for the team, not a failure among them and again Murray got the subs right. Gonçalves took 10 minutes to get into the game but he was excellent in the last 20 minutes and McBride put in a decent wee cameo also when he came on for a tired looking Connolly. 

Fantastic game and great day which was made even better by the state of the Motherwell fans outside the ground and walking along the Links after the game. Absolute rodents. Hope yous enjoy your relegation as much as you did getting papped out the cup.