Dundee v Raith Rovers (SF)

roverthemoon

It would be interesting to see the stats on teams who miss first in a shoot-out going on to win. 

It’s happened against us twice in a row now, but even watching games as a neutral it seems to happen more often than it probably should. 

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

It would be interesting to see the stats on teams who miss first in a shoot-out going on to win. 

It’s happened against us twice in a row now, but even watching games as a neutral it seems to happen more often than it probably should. 

Was saying this tonight after we missed. Have seen a lot of the games in the last few years where the team who misses first goes on to lose. Definitely feels a higher percentage than it used to be but who knows whether the stats back that up 

1 hour ago, The Master said:

The only decent stats I could find show, based on international competition:

-First team to shoot generally wins around 60% of the time, but in the World Cup it’s nearer 50/50.

-The eighth penalty taken is the most missed of the first ten.

-The first two are 73% vs 77% for the second team…

-Second two are 73% vs 73%…

-Third two are 77% vs 70%…

-Fourth two are 67% vs 61%…

-Final two are 62% vs 69%

-Beyond that, it’s 50%

From those numbers, missing first doesn’t seem to hurt too bad, as the first team wins more often AND misses the first shot more often (slightly).

42 minutes ago, batross07 said:

Is this the first game we have won with Colin Steven reffing? 

Not even close…he’s centered 12 competitive matches, and we’re 5-4-3 in them. Take out the ICT matches, and we improve to 5-1-2 with him calling it…

2 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Herculean effort. And humble pie for a few Rovers fans given the comments earlier regarding certain players and the criticism of Murray for bringing on Connolly and trying to be positive to win the game.

Assume it’ll be Livi for the final, or Airdrie again.

Well, Airdrie, Livi or Falkirk would all be available for Sunday, March 26. Falkirk play Kelty on the 24th…Airdrie are at Clyde on the 25th…Livi are idle. Those would seem the best bets.

I’ve just eaten the largest slice of humble pie ever, I really thought we were dead in the water, especially with that line up. Absolutely fair fucks to Murray on that second half. Akio got the ball rolling and you could see the confidence coming back into the team. Sam Stanton’s free header to equalise was a thing of beauty. I just hope we haven’t ruined ourselves for Saturday. We need another Herculean effort. 

When the boy missed I thought there was another round of kicks to be taken before my mind caught up. 

I'm putting this down to watching it with my daughter who was like the boy in uncle buck firing consecutive questions at me about all kinds of pish and the commentary being in teucter.

Some nice penalties by both sides and some real shithouse goalie behaviour as well. 

9 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

"Siri, sum up the entire existence of Dundee Football Club in one match" 

That was just insane. 2 down going on five at half-time , somehow get back into it and then end up gritting it out and winning on pens. Would love to know what the odds on that were at h-t. What is it with Raith and this competition?

As per the quote, I was thinking to myself this game must be peak Dundee for their fans . There aren't many teams who could conspire to lose that match after the way the first half panned out, but Dundee is one that springs to mind.

Definitely a huge effort from the team last night and shame on some of our supporters for decrying Murrays choice🙄 it was a superb semi final, I thought it was Dundee's game after going 2-0 down but the Rovers never gave in and managed to scrape their way back to 2-2.  Never had any doubts that if it went to pens we would win😳  Lets have more of the same on Saturday lads, well done.

Finally got a chance to watch the highlights, and the  Beeb did an excellent job capturing Thomson’s absolute master class on f**king with shooters minds. That was some outstanding s**t talking going on there, especially on Robinson!