St Mirren against Motherwell

11 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Straightforward win. Motherwell one of the poorer sides in the league. Beaton equally as poor. Thought Marcus Fraser was great second half. 

Erhahon was good today, when he's on it he's a really handy player. Tanser played better too. Looked a bit more confident. 

Hopefully Ayunga is OK. Would be our luck we ship out Brophy and Ayunga misses the rest of the season.

Poor game really but who cares as long as we win. Wee bit of magic from Grieve to set up the goal. I just love Curtis Main. 

Thought Gogic was superb at the back. No real failures today everyone put in a shift. 

Motherwell are really poor. I would not swap any of their players for ours. 

3 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Motherwell are really poor. I would not swap any of their players for ours. 

To think O'Hara and Dunne were told they were surplus to requirements, admittedly Dunne was a couple of years back, but both walk straight into their current side.

It wasn't a great performance to be fair, we've played way better in the supposedly disastrous 1 win in 10 and drawn or lost, but I suppose that was against far better teams. I thought a few guys had off days, O'Hara was strangely quiet, Strain struggled a bit and Gogic doesn't look as comfortable in defence, I think he's not instinctive enough and can overplay it a bit. Erhahon was a bit patchy as well, had some great touches and passes, but like most of the team, was a bit guilty of dwelling on the ball a bit and giving it away. Carson and Fraser played pretty well.

Still, a win is a win. Motherwell look very poor though and wouldn't be surprised to see them in real trouble in a few weeks time. Very pissed off about the Ayunga injury, was caused by the ref who should have stopped the game far earlier than he did for a couple of fouls, which he chose to ignore.

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

To think O'Hara and Dunne were told they were surplus to requirements, admittedly Dunne was a couple of years back, but both walk straight into their current side.

Dunne is superb. We probably have the best back line outside of the old firm

That’s 1 horrific Motherwell team, a championship team in waiting surely, I’m embarrassed we only scored the 1.

How old is Blair Spittal by the way?
My 78 year old grandad moves more freely than him, brutal.

Really missed Gogic in midfield today. Hope Joe or Declan are back soon to allow Gogic to run the middle of the park. Good win considering injuries/suspensions but wee bit concerned how light the bench is.

Edited by NorthBank

20 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Did just about enough to win a poor game of football. 

Thought we missed Baccus and Gogic from midfield today

Good to get the 3 points after being robbed of them earlier in the season against the Well.

Absolutely.

O'Hara and Kiltie were invisible for most of the match.

Motherwell midfield managed to dominate the second half completely.

Thankfully Baccus will be back for Wednesday, hopefully along with Gallagher, with Gogic moving back into midfield.

Thought Marcus Fraser was really good today. Main had a strong game too.

Edited by FTOF

10 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Absolutely.

O'Hara and Kiltie were invisible for most of the match.

Motherwell midfield managed to dominate the second half completely.

Thankfully Baccus will be back for Wednesday, hopefully along with Gallagher, with Gogic moving back into midfield.

Thought Marcus Fraser was really good today. Main had a strong game too.

Fraser was the best on the park. 

We need to get Dunne on a new contract as soon as possible, he’s absolutely superb, he’s made the step up from Motherwell and he doesn’t look out of place at all, strolled it.

3 minutes ago, McG said:

We need to get Dunne on a new contract as soon as possible, he’s absolutely superb, he’s made the step up from Motherwell and he doesn’t look out of place at all, strolled it.

Step up?????

Just now, McG said:

Indeed.

He's a much better player than last year. It takes a wee while for a player to get rid of the  bad habits picked at previous clubs.

6 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Step up?????

Yeah mate.

He’s playing in front of more fans in a better stadium plus making more money?

A step up in my books anyway.

I hope you stay up this season as you bring a half decent crowd compared to county etc.