St Mirren against Motherwell

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

f**k knows but it's an absolutely awful strip from a side that's had some belters over the last few years.

I've always wondered if this is part of a marketing strategy for the manufactures, every few years release an absolute shocker that gets people talking, pointing, laughing. A number of folk buy it because it's ridiculous. Then follow it up by releasing something pretty smart.

Maybe Motherwell fans will know, but maybe the club is contractually obliged to wear that Stabilo Boss highlighter strip a certain number of times this season. Certainly no visual reason to wear it, because their claret & amber strip would be the perfect foil for our current home one. There can’t be a rule that says a visitor cannot wear their home strip, because the Glasgow bigot collective seem OK wearing home strips in all meetings. Must be contractual surely? I thought the dayglo strip would have been OK had it not had the big black bits on the shirt. Was certainly bright and easy to see - especially if someone wearing it tumbles to the ground with an opponent’s arm around their neck in the box. Hold on, cancel that. VAR spots fcuk-all*

*Unless in Govan.

Edited by pozbaird

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

f**k knows but it's an absolutely awful strip from a side that's had some belters over the last few years.

Been covered before on other threads, the kit is to highlight and raise awareness of the clubs 'Darkness to Light' mental health campaign.

I'm not particularly a fan of the design, but I'll give them a pass on it for the message it conveys and stellar work they do in the local community in mental health and suicide issues. Any profits from sales go straight to funding help for those who need it.

1 hour ago, Saint Shug said:

Pitchside angle of the goal yesterday. Really, really, poor defending from a Motherwell point of view. Lamie failing to cover the front post to stop the cross is the worst of the lot though. 

In saying that, it's a good goal from our point of view, Greive is strong to hold up the ball, great run from Strain and an excellent pass from Greive at the right time, then a good, dangerous ball from Strain and Main bursting a gut to get there first and finish well.

1 minute ago, 'WellDel said:

Been covered before on other threads, the kit is to highlight and raise awareness of the clubs 'Darkness to Light' mental health campaign.

I'm not particularly a fan of the design, but I'll give them a pass on it for the message it conveys and stellar work they do in the local community in mental health and suicide issues. Any profits from sales go straight to funding help for those who need it.

Excellent. Good cause. I thought they were promoting North Lanarkshire Roads Department.

2 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Good info, and a good initiative. Fair do’s etc.

As @'WellDel says it's a charity strip. We wore it against Arbroath last week.

We'll wear it again a few times before the season is out. There's nothing more complicated to it than that.

It's also a nod to the Dortmund homage strip we had in the late 90s which means it's very popular with fans of a certain vintage.

5 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Excellent. Good cause. I thought they were promoting North Lanarkshire Roads Department.

That was going to be their next project, but the design team couldn't come up with anything to adequately represent a long series of potholes and a couple of guys leaning on spades.

Edited by 'WellDel
Beaten to it by Pozbaird

11 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

I think it sold out, I went in after Christmas and there were no adult sizes available, then they brought out a long sleeved version from under the counter.  I wore it at the fives on Friday, goalies top, cycling jersey, horrible were some of the shouts.  I wore it proudly.

Got beat by six goals.

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

I think it sold out, I went in after Christmas and there were no adult sizes available, then they brought out a long sleeved version from under the counter.  I wore it at the fives on Friday, goalies top, cycling jersey, horrible were some of the shouts.  I wore it proudly.

Got beat by six goals.

Only 6? If you want to trial for DM just take a stoat up to Dalziel Park tomorrow morning, you can't do any worse than the other shithawks who will be there masquerading as players.

Very marmite strip, which was probably the clever part of the bold design . Doesn't matter if the comments on the strip are positive or negative, either way it gets people round to talking about the message behind it, and as you say it sold out.

Job well done.

49 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

That was going to be their next project, but the design team couldn't come up with anything to adequately represent a long series of potholes and a couple of guys leaning on spades.

I think that aspect is covered by your current squad, tbf.

Cheers for the info about the strip. Well have been excellent with the mental health awareness raising recently. I didn't know that's what it was about so fair play. Excellent cause.

Edited by Coventry Saint

3 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Only 6? If you want to trial for DM just take a stoat up to Dalziel Park tomorrow morning, you can't do any worse than the other shithawks who will be there masquerading as players.

Very marmite strip, which was probably the clever part of the bold design . Doesn't matter if the comments on the strip are positive or negative, either way it gets people round to talking about the message behind it, and as you say it sold out.

Job well done.

There were still children’s sizes if you want to psychologically damage your kids

23 minutes ago, Stu said:

The lack of Motherwell fans telling us yesterday was "peak Robinson" is pretty disappointing.

Not a gripe at all, but yesterday did feel like the least I've seen a ball in play for a game in a while. Tonnes of just standing about waiting for something to happen from both sides. Long throws, free kicks, goal kicks, just watching nothing happen.

14 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Not a gripe at all, but yesterday did feel like the least I've seen a ball in play for a game in a while. Tonnes of just standing about waiting for something to happen from both sides. Long throws, free kicks, goal kicks, just watching nothing happen.

lt was a pretty dire game. Felt like a game both sides were scared of losing rather than winning. Noticed we took safe options where as earlier in the season we were trying more difficult forward balls etc. 

The referee team was howling. That lino by the west stand that saw Motherwell kick it out, give them the throw to launch one of their best attacks was particularly useless. 

Edited by flyingscot

Ex-Motherwell featured - Robinson, Lasley, Carson, Dunne, O’Hara, Main, Gallagher… have I missed anyone? Can’t see a failure amongst that list. All have swapped claret & amber for black & white, and are contributing. That’s a bloody good return from our claret & amber investment strategy.

22 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

We were commenting on that, seemed very obvious. Absolutely no real reason for Saints to rush a goal up but the lack of urgency from Well was glaring.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

We were commenting on that, seemed very obvious. Absolutely no real reason for Saints to rush a goal up but the lack of urgency from Well was glaring.

Infuriating is the word. Have no problem with Saints doing it, you're a goal up, it's on us to force the issue and we remain a plodding, sluggish Saturday afternoon stroll.