St Mirren against Motherwell

You know, normally I'd take the pick of Captain Sensible's tried and tested bait, and post along the lines of administration or the number of fans at the stadium, but honestly, it think I'll just post a picture of this guy. He played many a memorable (heh, and less memorable) game for both clubs..

Jk5msS9.png

..and scored a few goals along the way, too!

5 hours ago, Ric said:

You know, normally I'd take the pick of Captain Sensible's tried and tested bait, and post along the lines of administration or the number of fans at the stadium, but honestly, it think I'll just post a picture of this guy. He played many a memorable (heh, and less memorable) game for both clubs..

Jk5msS9.png

..and scored a few goals along the way, too!

Who was better, John Sutton or Micheal Higdon? 

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

For this fixture in particular, has to be Sutton, if only for that very memorable 3-2 win in 2007..

Spoiler

48 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Both managed to hit 20 goals in a season for us and I liked both of them a lot - Higdon won the actual POTY which doesn't happen to Motherwell players ever and hit higher heights than Sutton managed (and would probably rank in most 'Well supporters Best Forwards list along with some legendary types). 

Higgy > Sutty (even if one guy on Steelmen online still thinks he was utter shite)

Motherwell-striker-Michael-Higdon-celebr

1 hour ago, wellboy1991 said:

Higdon by a country mile was a far better footballer and goal scorer. 

58 minutes ago, Ric said:

For this fixture in particular, has to be Sutton, if only for that very memorable 3-2 win in 2007..

Reveal hidden contents

8 minutes ago, Swello said:

Both managed to hit 20 goals in a season for us and I liked both of them a lot - Higdon won the actual POTY which doesn't happen to Motherwell players ever and hit higher heights than Sutton managed (and would probably rank in most 'Well supporters Best Forwards list along with some legendary types). 

Higgy > Sutty (even if one guy on Steelmen online still thinks he was utter shite)

Motherwell-striker-Michael-Higdon-celebr

I've got a feeling Well fans will prefer Higdon, where as StMirren fans will prefer Sutton (he won 2 diddy league titles with us tbf).

We never got the best out of Higdon until it was too late and you guys got him on a pre contract.

20 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I've got a feeling Well fans will prefer Higdon, where as StMirren fans will prefer Sutton (he won 2 diddy league titles with us tbf).

Better player - Higdon

More liked - Sutton

Would probably taken either of them in their current state into our starting 11.

18 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

We never got the best out of Higdon until it was too late and you guys got him on a pre contract.

I'm not even sure we tried to keep Higdon. He was really good that second season, but we nearly went down and had a big rebuild penciled in for the summer, which included bringing in Thommo, Teale and a few others. Guys like Higdon, Dargo, etc were moved on to pay for them.

Saints fans are obviously going to prefer Sutton, he won a couple of titles with us, was involved in a couple of great escapes, won the diddy cup and is rightfully in the hall of fame.