Cove v Ayr - Friday Night Fitba

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Ending with the Kooks. Taking me back to a better era, but the present looks pretty damn bright too. What a night, reminiscent of how I felt when we humped Dundee U 0-5 as well

I understand the sentiment but Cove no where near as good as the DU team

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Ending with the Kooks. Taking me back to a better era, but the present looks pretty damn bright too. What a night, reminiscent of how I felt when we humped Dundee U 0-5 as well

I'm glad you noticed they played the kooks there mate, underrated band.

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I understand the sentiment but Cove no where near as good as the DU team

On the night they were just as pish as Cove were. I more meant that I had the same optimistic feeling that I had then about promotion. We all know how that turned out, but we should just enjoy tonight and see where it takes us

Strange game.

first half was even, both teams looked cagey and didn’t really get in to a flow. Second half, neither team controlled the game, Cove created nothing and Ayr had maybe 10 chances and scored 4 spectacular goals.

Ayr were by far the better team but didn’t have to work hard for the win.

Mullen, 2 assists and two goals was superb, Dempsey held the midfield together, everyone did well. Bangala looked good when he came on, JML ran forward with a ball and Bryden scored a peach. 

Reading took a sore one, could be out for Tuesday if his eye closes over.

We have maybe hit Cove at the right time but 5-0 against any team in this league is a good result. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Strange game.

first half was even, both teams looked cagey and didn’t really get in to a flow. Second half, neither team controlled the game, Cove created nothing and Ayr had maybe 10 chances and scored 4 spectacular goals.

Ayr were by far the better team but didn’t have to work hard for the win.

Mullen, 2 assists and two goals was superb, Dempsey held the midfield together, everyone did well. Bangala looked good when he came on, JML ran forward with a ball and Bryden scored a peach. 

Reading took a sore one, could be out for Tuesday if his eye closes over.

We have maybe hit Cove at the right time but 5-0 against any team in this league is a good result. 

I agree with most of that but first half we looked totally comfortable. Cove had no shots at goal and never looked close to scoring. We were streets ahead of them all game end of.

Glad they are receiving their rightful punishment for giving Hartley another job in football and ruining my Saturday last week. No excuses now for not beating them on Tuesday.

Mullin has been our best player for about two months now and it’s imperative we keep him on. Sure that will do a lot of good for the confidence of some of the fringe players tonight who will be very important over the next stretch.

Again, there are not 4 teams better than us in this league and at our best I’m not even sure there is 1.

32 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

An absolutely pathetic interview from Hartley blaming his players, a total failure of a football manager who cannot see that the blame lies overall with him and his team.

I can’t see how it’s much down to the skip dweller, he’s only been back a couple of weeks. Therefore it’s down to the team who are the players? 

39 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I agree with most of that but first half we looked totally comfortable. Cove had no shots at goal and never looked close to scoring. We were streets ahead of them all game end of.

We didn’t look like conceding in the first half but we didn’t look like scoring more or running riot. We were maybe fortunate to be a goal up but took our chance. We were completely adequate in the first half. Once the second goal went in, we relaxed in to the game under no pressure at all. We could have sat back, made early changes and stifled the game but we didn’t, kept the game open and ended up comfortable winners.