Cove v Ayr - Friday Night Fitba

Let's try this again then shall we.

After the disappointment of Saturday's cup tie postponement, I'm hopeful this game actually goes ahead. 

Hopefully by this point we should have some players back from injury and we can use this as this game as a catalyst to get things moving again after a pretty poor run of performances. It would be ideal to see a couple of new faces arrive before Friday, this transfer window has been very shite so far. Cove have made a couple of recent additions so it will be interesting to see if they start and can make a difference on the pitch for them. 

Would be ideal to pick up points here with Dundee and Queens Park facing off against each other on Saturday, while Cove will be keen on a win to stretch away from Hamilton and Arbroath who have tricky (on paper) away fixtures to Partick and Morton respectively. I can see this being a bit of a slog but I'm really looking forward to heading up to this nonetheless.

Prediction:

Cove P-P Ayr

Edited by AuAl

Weather has been fine down this way, so hopefully the same up north.  Can't afford another postponement, even if Murdoch and Musonda* aren't back until QP.  Houston and O'Connor available, but would start them on the bench.

Albinson

McAllister Kirk McGinty Reading

Mullin Dempsey Smith JML

McKenzie Dipo

Subs: McAdams, Houston, Bilham, Hewitt, Ecrepont, Bangala, O'Connor, Ashford, Bryden

We don't seem to have done too well coming back from missing a game week, struggled to beat Hamilton after missing Morton, lost to Raith in September after missing a week and lost to Thistle after missing a week in December...

*I'll believe it when I see it.

Was a balmy 14 degrees yesterday in Aberdeen and looking dry and low winds all week so no doubts of the game being off this time.

We should have a full squad to choose from although Logan is doubtful. Has been out for a month.

New signings Scott Fox, Miko Virtanen and Tony Weston could be in line for their debuts. We're still in a mini rebuild, trying to get players in and gelling and are still short of a centre back so not hugely confident but at home I expect us to be competitive and go for the win.

Ayr favourites going into the match and will be in search of 3 points to tighten the gap at the top. Losing Chalmers is a blow but the Honest Men have cover in the wide areas. Bullen still to make a signing this window?

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Was a balmy 14 degrees yesterday in Aberdeen and looking dry and low winds all week so no doubts of the game being off this time.

We should have a full squad to choose from although Logan is doubtful. Has been out for a month.

New signings Scott Fox, Miko Virtanen and Tony Weston could be in line for their debuts. We're still in a mini rebuild, trying to get players in and gelling and are still short of a centre back so not hugely confident but at home I expect us to be competitive and go for the win.

Ayr favourites going into the match and will be in search of 3 points to tighten the gap at the top. Losing Chalmers is a blow but the Honest Men have cover in the wide areas. Bullen still to make a signing this window?

We're looking to make 2, possibly 3 if Livi recall Mullin and force our hand but can't imagine any will be in for Friday, think it'll go down to beginning of next week. 

Should be favourites but i'm not taking anything for granted. 

I'd like to see us go back to 2 up front for this, Cove seem to have been pretty shaky at the back recently so I'd like to see us target that rather than just try and go long to a double marked Dipo like we have in the last couple of games.   Made it a lot easier for the Hamilton centre backs especially than it should have been.  

15 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove give debuts to Fox, Naismith and Weston. Looks like a 5-3-2 with Logan and Paterson as wing backs

Screenshot_2023-01-27-19-17-46-19_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Naismith starting against Ayr, that didn't work out too well for him last time.

Bet he puts in a phenomenal shift now I've said that.